Just purchased the ipad version and loaded the magic plugin high URL. Took forever to update and install the plugin. Everything worked like clockwork, pressed connect and I get the same thing as above. This might shed some light on troubleshooting. I'm tethered to my iphone which currently has been throttled to edge speed (5-25kbps). I know seems criminal to be connected at speeds reminiscent of my 1998 56k modem lol. But I digress, back to the info at hand for troubleshooting.
Home connection is mentioned as above.
Guest connection 1 is a DSL public wifi from mcdonalds.
Guest connection 2 is a throttled satellite connection from a grocery store public wifi.
Guest connection 3 is a top end FIOS fiber connection from a Starbucks.
I've found that home/1/2 all will kick back the errors we are seeing because they're low bandwidth ranging from 5kbps-1.2mbps but depending on load and other variables the speeds fluctuate. I will get all kind of strange things happening within these variable speed environments.
I've founds that a flawless 400mbps fiber connection at a local Starbucks was the best result for using lackey as intended/flawlessly.
Lastly the solutions I would think could alleviate these issues could be as simple as modifying a config file to extend the timeout duration of the program when it's waiting for responses, lists, images etc.
Enabling a buffer of some sort to even out the bandwidth sags for instance. Like old school skip protection for CD players. If it detects an interrupt in connection it can buffer up to a specified amount of data and the program can pull from this buffer as it sees fit, and when the buffer is depleted it will be a live stream again till another sag/interrupt. This could be done server side with minimal impact and you could see if its application side if the buffer is messing up, or client side if their connection firewall or antivirus or whatever isn't working.