I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 04-26-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, April 26, 2011, 09:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdLit

QuoteI updated to this build, the proxy tester is now not working again, and I have not changed any firewall settings

So, I had this same problem in the last build, where I would try to join the server and host a game, it would say run the proxy test, and just kind of sit there without progressing.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, and finally just let it sit there.  After about 5 minutes, it worked and I never had the issue again.  I'm not sure how long you've been letting it sit, but perhaps if you let it go a bit longer it will work?

Picks-at-Flies

Okay, I've tracked down this bug now:

In any pile viewed across the bottom of the table, right-click > send to top/bottom > [pile] says:
'moves CARDNAME from the table to the bottom of his [pile] at position X. ([pile]: n)'

and because it feels it is moving from the table, it announces to all players what CARDNAME is.

If you move a facedown card back to your hand, it announces to opponents what card it is.  This is referring to single-sided cards that use the default cardback, although it might only work using a plugin with double-sided cards in use.
--
Also had some temporary bugs which were really irritating.  They were solved by restarting Lackey.
- ALL CAPS LOCK, it wasn't caps lock in other programs
- Next time round, I appeared to have a sticky ctrl key, because it auto flipped every card I moved.
- Within the same session, it sometimes flipped cards so hard they turned invisible (and this happened to my opponent too).  The opponent could see them in your hand (and they took up space and were counted in the hand size), and having them move them to the table cured the problem.  However while invisible they couldn't be touched.  Play random would put them into play - invisible to all players and so untouchable.  Very odd.

AdLit

QuoteIn any pile viewed across the bottom of the table, right-click > send to top/bottom > [pile] says:
'moves CARDNAME from the table to the bottom of his [pile] at position X. ([pile]: n)'

and because it feels it is moving from the table, it announces to all players what CARDNAME is.

So I tried this on my lackey, and i *sort of* can replicate the problem.  It does indeed broadcast what card you're moving, but it doesn't say it's moving from the table, it correctly identifies where the card came from.

anomie

Quote from: AdLit on April 28, 2011, 04:55:33 PM
So, I had this same problem in the last build, where I would try to join the server and host a game, it would say run the proxy test, and just kind of sit there without progressing.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, and finally just let it sit there.  After about 5 minutes, it worked and I never had the issue again.  I'm not sure how long you've been letting it sit, but perhaps if you let it go a bit longer it will work?

Whatever it is, I am waiting until it reports that I can't host a proxy game, I'm not killing it early. (what that looks like to me is it timing out - not getting a response on whatever it's testing until it decides to give up).

However, I logged in today and it works fine again (instantaneously). Whatever it is isn't a result of the build changing, so *shrug*.

Dimeq

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on April 28, 2011, 08:21:52 PM
- Next time round, I appeared to have a sticky ctrl key, because it auto flipped every card I moved.
this bug also happens whenever you hold down alt while dragging a card in order to put it into play tapped.

Picks-at-Flies

Quote from: Picks-at-Flies on April 28, 2011, 08:21:52 PM
- Within the same session, it sometimes flipped cards so hard they turned invisible (and this happened to my opponent too).  The opponent could see them in your hand (and they took up space and were counted in the hand size), and having them move them to the table cured the problem.  However while invisible they couldn't be touched.  Play random would put them into play - invisible to all players and so untouchable.  Very odd.

Okay, Fenris also had this problem.  She thinks it becomes an image 1x1 pixels.  She also found that while on the table, she could group select it with another card and drag them to another zone, thus making them visible again.  This makes me think it's more related to the multiple image size feature.

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on April 28, 2011, 03:22:03 PM
Here is the download link for my png test plugin.  It is the same files from a working jpg-based plugin, I just switched the image files and changed the carddata file accordingly.  Please use the regular deck editor and not the pack selector for testing purposes, as I didn't upload every single image in the interest of saving you download time/space.

Thanks in advance.  Here's the link:

http://www.filedropper.com/testpng1

EDIT: Something I noticed while troubleshooting this... the game will not recognize cardback.png as the actual default cardback; as such, unless you have an image named cardback.jpg it won't even let you load the plugin.  You can even have every card with an alternate cardback, such as "card1.png,cardback1.png" and it will still not open the plugin without a cardback.jpg file.  Perhaps there needs to be a way to designate in the plugininfo file that you're using png's instead?  Even with the cardback.jpg file there, though, you still don't see any images in the deck editor or in the game.  It merely allows you to load it.
Fixed. It should now load any file named cardback.XXX where XX can be jpg, gif, jpeg, png, tif, bmp, or tga. As a matter of fact, I completely removed the cardback name part of the plugininfo.txt. You can still include it, but it does nothing. Lackey will only look for a cardback image with "cardback" as the name plus a suffix.

AdLit

QuoteFixed. It should now load any file named cardback.XXX where XX can be jpg, gif, jpeg, png, tif, bmp, or tga. As a matter of fact, I completely removed the cardback name part of the plugininfo.txt. You can still include it, but it does nothing. Lackey will only look for a cardback image with "cardback" as the name plus a suffix.

Sweet, thanks Trevor!  Just to be clear, the "cardback" you're just using as a generic name for a card here; we still need to use the cardback.xxx,alternateback.xxx format for alternate cardbacks correct?

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on May 02, 2011, 10:49:50 PM
QuoteFixed. It should now load any file named cardback.XXX where XX can be jpg, gif, jpeg, png, tif, bmp, or tga. As a matter of fact, I completely removed the cardback name part of the plugininfo.txt. You can still include it, but it does nothing. Lackey will only look for a cardback image with "cardback" as the name plus a suffix.

Sweet, thanks Trevor!  Just to be clear, the "cardback" you're just using as a generic name for a card here; we still need to use the cardback.xxx,alternateback.xxx format for alternate cardbacks correct?
All the change refers to is the basic cardback file that does many things, including defining the general aspect ratio of cards. You can still use many alternate card art defined in the card data file.

AdLit

So I re-loaded my png format plugin and still no images are loading in lackey.  I ran the updater and it said I'm already up to date.  Any ideas?

Did you need to edit anything in my plugin??

Gordon228

png seems to not be working atm or i am just doing it wrong as i wanted to see if i could get png working to help the munchkin plugin along

AdLit

Quotepng seems to not be working atm or i am just doing it wrong as i wanted to see if i could get png working to help the munchkin plugin along

Thanks for wanting to help the plugin Gordon, I appreciate it  ;D  The png functionality really isn't a make or break issue for me right now, it was just something I figured I would do so that it would be the most up-to-date capability in Lackey.  But we'll see how the process goes and I can always do exactly what you said, post up my working jpg version and replace it later. 

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on May 02, 2011, 11:20:51 PM
So I re-loaded my png format plugin and still no images are loading in lackey.  I ran the updater and it said I'm already up to date.  Any ideas?

Did you need to edit anything in my plugin??
cardback.png will not work with the version you have. Since you mentioned it, I fixed it, and it will work with the version I post in the near future.

AdLit

Quotecardback.png will not work with the version you have. Since you mentioned it, I fixed it, and it will work with the version I post in the near future.

Ah, ok, so does that mean a "temporary" way to get it to work is merely to use cardback.jpg, and other png's will load?  Dont mean to be annoying, just curious.

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on May 03, 2011, 10:59:35 AM
Quotecardback.png will not work with the version you have. Since you mentioned it, I fixed it, and it will work with the version I post in the near future.

Ah, ok, so does that mean a "temporary" way to get it to work is merely to use cardback.jpg, and other png's will load?  Dont mean to be annoying, just curious.
With the version you have, a cardback.jpg and spawned.jpg will allow the other cards to use pngs.