News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saethori

5/25/2011 update is complete and uploaded! Please update your plugins. :3

This adds in every card still missing (other than the aforementioned Victory Medal variants), fixes all missing text, and fixes a large amount of card typos and naming errors. So this should be the closest the plugin's gotten toward completion in a long time (at least until the next expansion shows up). As always, keep an eye out for typos, errors, and other things I missed or goofed up on.

And have fun playing!

[EDIT 5/27/2011: Found some cards that weren't in the plugin! ...The only catch is, they're "jumbo", not-legal-for-play cards... and I mean really not legal for play, like 500-HP Zoroarks.... I'm having second thoughts of including these guys... if I do, they will, just like Ancient Mew, be illegal for actual game usage and exist solely for novelty. What do you guys think?]

zeroash

O thanx! the Victory medal are the same, but the main value they have is that they actually are "victory medals" u get for winning official tourneys, they are always legal becus of the fact that they always do the same thing, and the sentimental value involved with actually winning one. Id say put them all in, but thats ur call not mine :)

as for the Jumbo cards, not needed but funny if they are in there. I didnt even know about Z&tL until u posted about it here :D but It's the first card that gives Shadow Lugia a run for its money ;)

O and thanx for further emphasizing the formats, really helps! :)

Keep up the good work!

ydeb

I hate to be nitpicky and all but there's a typo. Gyarados G is spelled Gyrados G.

Saethori

Not anymore it's not. :3 Mini-fix uploaded.

Don't worry about being nitpicky, typos like that are exactly the kind of thing I want to stamp out. (Though in the future, small fixes would probably be best PMed to me.)

zeroash

so are u only including one version of cards? cus if not certain Prime cards are missing, like Meganium Prime (HGSS 109)

Saethori

Both versions of Meganium Prime are in the plugin as it currently exists... maybe you just didn't notice it? (One version's a promo, so it's in NP-HGSS instead, and there seems to be no third version.)

Don_Andy

I took care of the plugin last, but demand was generally pretty low so I never put a lot of priority into it. Got no problem with somebody else doing this though, I've got lots of other things going on currently.

I was halfway adding all the card text that was skipped in the later editions (where the card description is either empty or "text"), if you haven't fixed that yet I'd be glad to pass on all I did to you so you really just need to copypasta it.

Pretty sure the last update I uploaded to the FTP was when I added Undaunted and Unleashed.

As for the illegal cards, the best I came up with was just making categories for the legal and illegal editions, but that doesn't really work for individual cards.

Saethori

That part's already all done. :3

Save for typos, the plugin's generally complete until this batch of promotional McDonalds cards coming up in June.

Don_Andy

Saethori

The McDonalds TCG cards are out... and I cannot seem to find good pictures of them.

Many of them are reprints of promotional cards already available, but some of them are new cards state-side, so it would be nice to include them.

[EDIT] Found a location with pictures of these cards, so I'm converting them now; a new upload will be online shortly.

Saethori

Thanks for the link. I know the set list showed up and prepared accordingly, but I would not have expected the scans to show up so early, either.

This next version will include the Version 2.0 plugin framework, so it may require a bit of testing to make sure it works alright and doesn't crash.

Additionally, there may be some issues with the set files with ampersands in them, I'm still trying to figure out the full ramifications of them.

EDIT: I need some clarification on the Reverse Foil cards, from someone who understands the TCG more than I. Does a version exist for each card (thus rendering them pointless to add to the plugin) or do they exist only for certain cards (making them alternate versions, and thus useful to the plugin)? Online searches tend to be somewhat contrary and unhelpful on this regard.

Saethori

Emerging Powers is now fully included and online, as are the reformatting to the new Version 2.0 ideal. Some rarities are wrong (EDIT 8/15/11: Fixed now), but everything else should be in working order.

Many settings will have been cleaned up a bit, but some buttons won't be where you remember them last.

Please also see the first post for an important notice about your Diamond&PearlEra.txt and Black&WhiteEra.txt files.

xkirby

Quote from: Saethori on August 14, 2011, 09:40:20 PM
I need some clarification on the Reverse Foil cards, from someone who understands the TCG more than I. Does a version exist for each card (thus rendering them pointless to add to the plugin) or do they exist only for certain cards (making them alternate versions, and thus useful to the plugin)? Online searches tend to be somewhat contrary and unhelpful on this regard.

From what I know, I have a Reverse Holo Eevee and a non-Reverse Holo of it and they're the exact same card based on their stats and moves and stuff. I'll go double-check though.

EDIT: Yeah, I googled the images and apparently they ARE the same card, just one is reverse holographic and has a couple of design changes, one of them being the fact that the reverse holo one doesn't have a scan code for the e-Reader.

zeroash

the scans usually start showing up as the worlds championship is nearing its end (people win the new set, then they start scanning them for the web :)

Usually reverse holos are reprints of the others, but you should check them anyway just in case :)

Thanx a lot for the update, i'll make sure to report any issues i find, but u've been pretty good at keeping this all good so... :D

[Edit: here is a scan of Tropical Beach BW >>> http://www.sixprizes.com/wp-content/uploads/worlds-11-bw28-tropical-beach.jpg]

[Edit 2: Promo cards (idk if u have em yet >>> http://pokebeach.com/2011/08/emerging-powers-blister-pack-promos-plus-future-promos]