News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayibesarajaib

Quote from: Saethori on May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM
  • IMPORTANT: To avoid desyncs, the original files with the ampersands, in your plugins/pokemon/sets/ folder, will be replaced with blank, 0-byte files. Due to a quirk with Lackey updating rules, they will be replaced if you delete them and reupdate. It's best that you delete them and simply wait until Lackey tells you the Pokemon Plugin is ready to be updated, though, instead of checking the server for an update.

when i play with my friend some error occure. i see all of his card was snivy. maybe it because of desyncs? how to fix it? i a bit dont understand waht you explain above. thx

dannynyc

Trevor

Those files can be deleted with uninstall.txt.

Saethori

Quote from: bayibesarajaib on August 25, 2011, 05:41:45 AM
[...] i see all of his card was snivy [...]

That means he's playing cards that are beyond your plugin range, so Lackey is forced to default to the first card in the file.

...This likely means you haven't updated. I've done extensive testing with the syncing of the file replacement, and it really shouldn't cause the problem you're seeing now.

...I will probably have to be forced to release a plugin version solely to activate uninstall.txt, as hesitant as I am to utilize a file that creates as much dead space as the files it removes.

[EDIT: Plugin is now updated to incorporate uninstall.txt. Sigh. >_> That's all this update does, though, since reasonable scans of the new promo cards are not yet available.]

zeroash

Do these meet your specifications? I didn't look to see if all the cards are there (prob not), but there are large scans.

http://pokegym.net/tower/rtsetresult.php?set=EPO

Saethori

That's just Emerging Powers, which is already in the Plugin.

I was referring to the promotional cards that are included in EP Blister Packs, which at this time no realistic scans exist. (Pokebeach has a couple, but they're mostly ripped from the online version and aren't sufficiently verifiable, and I can't find any actual scans to prove those cards were printed with those stats.)

lakigas

First of all, I want to thank you for this plugin, top notch!
Only thing that bothers me is that Lackey isn't that customizable as I hoped it would be, and so I'm having problems with the damage counters. I think this is plugin dependant, because I tried another plugin, A Game Of Thrones, and the damage counters are displayed correctly.

In your plugin, the damage counters are all displayed in the bottom left corner (poison, burn, damage). I opened the plugininfo, and it shows that every counter has its own position, but even changing the numbers in positionx or y doesn't reposition the dmg counters ingame. I tried copying the plugininfo.txt from the A Game Of Thrones plugin, and the damage counters are displayed as they are in that plugin (correctly positioned, that is).

Please help me with this issue, because it's kind of an annoyance when playing online with a friend. Thank you a lot, and once again, good job on the plugin!

Saethori

...Evidently, the Position tags in the plugininfo.txt are not only case-sensitive, but include capitalization that no other tag requires. As such, during the transition from the old plugin format to the new one, Lackey refused to recognize "<positionX>" as "<PositionX>", and because of this the numbers were appearing incorrectly.

I'll upload a fix.

lakigas

Aaaah, that was the problem :) I replaced it with PositionX/Y and now it works perfectly!
Admirably fast response time too :D

I also made a quick simple and sleek playing mat image if anyone's interested:
http://i.imgur.com/jzK5c.jpg

I edited it out from some rulebook screenshot

zeroash

Quote from: lakigas on September 20, 2011, 04:10:55 PM
I also made a quick simple and sleek playing mat image if anyone's interested:
http://i.imgur.com/jzK5c.jpg

Thats very nice (snagged)! Might disagree with you on the color though. lol :)

Quote from: Saethori on August 29, 2011, 05:26:15 PM
(Pokebeach has a couple, but they're mostly ripped from the online version and aren't sufficiently verifiable, and I can't find any actual scans to prove those cards were printed with those stats.)

Not to question you, but Pokebeach is pretty reputable.

Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1. Can u make a canned message that prizes 6 cards off the top of your deck and if so how?

2. I had a MAJOR fail earlier trying to play someone. We had HGSS-on decks yet we both were seeing old cards! we both updated our Plugins and LackeyCCG itself, same thing happened. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Thanx :D

PS- on a side note Pokebeach is starting to get scans of the next set, Noble Victories, so if I see a full list I'll let you know. :)

Source: http://pokebeach.com/2011/09/kyurem-hydreigon-and-victini-from-noble-victories

PSS- There is a new site from the maker of SixPrizes.com that deals with scans now. He is shooting for scans that are high quality and (from what i can tell) have no watermarks or logos on them. I think it'd be a nice addition to your image sources :)

Link: http://tcgscans.com/

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on September 22, 2011, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: Saethori on August 29, 2011, 05:26:15 PM
(Pokebeach has a couple, but they're mostly ripped from the online version and aren't sufficiently verifiable, and I can't find any actual scans to prove those cards were printed with those stats.)

Not to question you, but Pokebeach is pretty reputable.

I think you misunderstand. It's not that I don't trust Pok?beach. It is, in fact, that I do trust Pok?beach, so when they say that, because no physical versions of these cards exist, the actual product isn't set in stone, I take that at its direct meaning. I do not wish to add cards that are only theorized to exist and for which no scans exist. Leaving out a single promo or two for the time it takes for both Pok?beach and I to verify their accuracy is a preferable solution to introducing a card but being forced to change or even remove it later.

The plugin is, after all, meant to replicate playing in RL. Unreleased cards create somewhat of an erroneous meta-game.

QuoteAnyway, I have 2 questions:

1. Can u make a canned message that prizes 6 cards off the top of your deck and if so how?

2. I had a MAJOR fail earlier trying to play someone. We had HGSS-on decks yet we both were seeing old cards! we both updated our Plugins and LackeyCCG itself, same thing happened. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Thanx :D

1 is impossible. Lackey does not currently support commands that can perform multiple actions simultaneously in a single button press. When this becomes available, I will definitely add it, however.

2, I don't fully understand. As in, on your side, your cards were up to date but his were old, and on his side the exact same thing occured? Or were both of your cards old?

I've attempted to maintain synchronicity, but playtesting opportunities are very limited; despite looking, I've still found no-one at all that is willing to aid me on this plugin. I do believe some damage was made to the plugin a couple years back before I took it over, and including an ampersand in the Diamond&Pearl set file muddled some things up.

A good check to see if they're causing the synchronization issues is to see if either of you have duplicate set files in your set directory. I've attempted to obsolete the Diamond&PearlEra.txt and Black&WhiteEra.txt files and uninstall them, but it might not succeed on all versions. If you see the versions with the ampersands, delete those versions; they won't be redownloaded. (Leave the ones that use "And" alone.)

QuotePS. - on a side note Pokebeach is starting to get scans of the next set, Noble Victories, so if I see a full list I'll let you know. :)

Source: http://pokebeach.com/2011/09/kyurem-hydreigon-and-victini-from-noble-victories
I tend to wait until the full set releases before adding it to the plugin, for the same "replicate RL conditions" reason. However, early previews do allow me to prepare for portions of the release in advance, allowing me to achieve same-day plugin updating.

zeroash

ok you are correct, I misunderstood. Sorry about that :)

Quote from: Saethori on September 22, 2011, 05:21:13 PM

2, I don't fully understand. As in, on your side, your cards were up to date but his were old, and on his side the exact same thing occured? Or were both of your cards old?

I've attempted to maintain synchronicity, but playtesting opportunities are very limited; despite looking, I've still found no-one at all that is willing to aid me on this plugin. I do believe some damage was made to the plugin a couple years back before I took it over, and including an ampersand in the Diamond&Pearl set file muddled some things up.

A good check to see if they're causing the synchronization issues is to see if either of you have duplicate set files in your set directory. I've attempted to obsolete the Diamond&PearlEra.txt and Black&WhiteEra.txt files and uninstall them, but it might not succeed on all versions. If you see the versions with the ampersands, delete those versions; they won't be redownloaded. (Leave the ones that use "And" alone.)

Our cards we used were all new, but we saw them as old. For example, I had Cleffa CL and he had Cleffa CL as active pokemon, but when I saw his Cleffa CL it looked like a Seel SK-95. He said my Cleffa CL looked wrong as well.

So we updated everything, then when that didn't work we redownloaded LackeyCCG and tried again. Each time had the same result.

[Edit: O and if your looking for someone to play, I'm game, but I'm not sure what your playtesting entails. o.O]

Saethori

I don't know what the problem could be, then. The only thing I could imagine that would cause it are differences in set files between you two... meaning that one of you either hasn't updated, or has one of the aforementioned erroneous set files.

If just deleting the ampersanded files didn't work, try deleting all the text files and then redownloading them.

(You could also contact me in Yahoo or AIM to see if you'd be willing to help me debug this.)

I think, next time I introduce an update, I'll also reapply the uninstall command, just in case anyone accidentally updated the plugin before updating to the Lackey version that supported uninstall.

zeroash

Quote from: Saethori on September 22, 2011, 05:41:15 PM
I don't know what the problem could be, then. The only thing I could imagine that would cause it are differences in set files between you two... meaning that one of you either hasn't updated, or has one of the aforementioned erroneous set files.

If just deleting the ampersanded files didn't work, try deleting all the text files and then redownloading them.

Well, I mean I can't speak for the other guy other than what he told me. But, those erroneous file as long as they are not in the new updates than I don't have them because I just simply erased the old Lackey, Plugins and all (only thing I kept were my Deck files and Images).

Quote from: Saethori on September 22, 2011, 05:41:15 PM
(You could also contact me in Yahoo or AIM to see if you'd be willing to help me debug this.)

unfortunately, I use very little of either of those so that wouldn't be to productive. Do you have Skype. If not I can start using those again, but skype and Facebook are the best way to get a hold of me. :)

Saethori

Now that scans have surfaced, I've added in the promotional Zoroark and Excadrill from Trainer Kit 4 (otherwise known as Black & White Trainer Kit).

The remaining cards do not yet have scans available, so these two are currently orphaned in their set. This is probably okay, though, as all other cards in the trainer kits are effectively identical; only these two have different art.