News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saethori

Hello, nice to meet you all. I'm the latest in Pokemon plugin maintainers, following Don_Andy and Skye before him, and will be doing my best to keep up and continue work on this plugin as their impromptu successor.

• The current 'total card count' of the plugin is 6791, as of January 27th, 2013. If your plugin reports a different number, even after fully updating, please delete all text files from your sets folder, then reinstall the plugin.
  • A soundpack for the plugin is now available! Click here to test the 'game' soundpack, playing each Pok?mon's cry as based from the video game series.

Most recent update: (01/27/13)
  • Added the Plasma Storm set (PS).
  • Added promotional cards:
    • BW Promos 51, 56, 57.
Previous updates:
  • Added BC set. (10/28/12)
  • Added DV set. (10/22/12)
  • Added promotional cards. (9/22/12)
  • Added DG set. Added promotional cards. (7/29/12)
  • Added DE set. Added promotional cards. Added custom counter images. (4/28/12)
  • Added promotional cards. Fixed all duplicate names and missing-set names. (2/09/12)
  • Added ND set. (1/30/12)
  • Added promotional cards. Revised naming conventions for older sets. Added sound set compatibility. (12/17/11)
  • Added promotional cards. (11/15/11)
  • Added promotional cards. (11/06/11)
  • Added NV set. (10/28/11)
  • Added promotional cards and fixed typos and naming errors. (10/23/11)
  • Added promotional cards and Trainer Kit 4 cards. (9/21/11)
  • Added EP set. Upgraded plugin version. Renamed some cards and uninstalled the old versions. (8/14/11)
  • Added MCD-BW set. (6/19/11)
  • Changed naming for Delta Species. Fixed text on all Platinum Era cards, all Special Energy cards, all Pokemon SP, and all Pokemon Tools. Changed format lists. (5/25/11)
  • Added the following sets: P9, PR, NP-DP, NP-DPt, NP-HGSS, NP-BW. Changed image naming for HGSS and NP-DP sets. (5/15/11)
  • Modified plugin settings for counter color/positions. (5/01/11)
  • Added CL set, BW set. Fixed large amount of text errors in HGSS On. (4/30/11)

Given my situation, it may be a while before I can complete PF, if I can at all. I've been needing assistance on this project for the last half-year, and unfortunately now I simply cannot maintain working on the plugin.

Regardless of whether I can successfully finish PF, it will likely be my last set; Someone else will need to take over the plugin, and while I will be able to provide minor assistance, I can no longer perform the updates alone.

Bob the Builder

Saethori

Just to keep everyone updated, I'm still working on cleaning this plugin up. However, I had to go to the dentist recently, so it kind of messed up my schedule planning. o.o

I cleaned every typo I could find out of Legend Era (HGSS - CL), just need to fill in the missing card data for past sets as well, then I'll update.

I might also update the images from a couple of sets (especially in regards to the too-small-to-read Ho-oh LEGEND and Lugia LEGEND cards), so when this update goes live, you may have to redownload a few pictures.

zeroash

hey Im new to Lackey but not to Pokemon :)

Thanx for updating recently, really appreciate it. However, could you please include the Promo cards wen u get the chance?

I saw BW Promos aren't there as well as HGSS Promos i think.

Thanx

Saethori

I'm not all that familiar with exactly where or how promotional cards fit into the grand scheme of things, or which ones are legal when. Would be helpful to get a little bit of explanation on that regard... though otherwise I can just add the BW Promos (and there are missing HGSS promos, you say?) in my next update and simply not attach them to the Modified formats until I'm sure they belong.

EDIT: Okay, I've located scans and am in the process of adding the following promotional mini-sets:
-Missing cards from DP Promotional (Out of 56... don't know how many are needed.)
-HGSS Promotional (25)
-BW Promotional (13)
-Pop 9 (17)
-Pokemon Rumble (16)

Saethori

Upload complete! The 5/15/11 version is now online, and will include all the missing promotional cards that I'm aware of.

The details of the changes may require you to modify some of your 2010-2011 decks, so please check if these decks have any unusual cards in them after updating and fix accordingly.

Note that I cannot seem to determine where the Pokemon Rumble (set PR) goes in terms of format legality, so for the time being, it is assigned to no format at all. Please take this into account if you know about which cards are legal and seek to use them.

Also, some of the card scans used for the new promotional cards appear faded. If you know a location I can get cleaner high-quality scans, please let me know!

ydeb

I tried updating the Pokemon plugin and now Lackey won't come up!

Bob the Builder

same thing happened to me.. updated pokemon.. now lackey wont work..

Saethori

Terribly sorry! Apparently setlist.txt got corrupted while I was uploading it.

A quick-fix has been added onto the server. To fix the problem, please delete your Setlist.txt in the Pokemon folder, then reload Lackey.

zeroash

Ok thanx a lot, I really appreciate that ur trying to keep this up todate :D

HGSS-on format includes all the promos as well :)

I didnt check the older Promos but if ur only keeping the plugin up to date for the current format, then u dont need them (however a lot of ppl play Unlimited so, i can only ask  :) )

Promo cards are only legal during the time that there non Promo counterparts are legal.

Saethori

Quote from: zeroash on May 15, 2011, 11:18:27 PM[...] but if ur only keeping the plugin up to date for the current format, then u dont need them
I would actually like to aim for completeness, in this case. In terms of adding older cards, it only ever has to be done once, you know? In fact, that's kind of why I'm still cleaning up typos as far back as I can, even though the likelihood of people using these sets are low.

Quote from: zeroash on May 15, 2011, 11:18:27 PMPromo cards are only legal during the time that there non Promo counterparts are legal.
The trick with this one is that there are promotional cards that are different than their supposed legal counterparts. We also end up with cases such as the Promo Axew, when there are currently no non-promo Axews.

zeroash

well im glad cus most ppl would just leave it. I do play Unlimited as well as Modified as does my brother and friend, so its appreciated.

Im so tired of needing Hamachi, so Lackey is a nice change. Keep up the good work.

as for completeness, if u want to see all the card check out the Pokegym Research Tower - Unlimited
http://pokegym.net/tower/uindex.html

well wat i said doesnt pertain to if there is a non promo and promo. there are plenty of case where the is no non promo to match the promo. but the time they came out matters (ie. POP8 cards are 2008 so w/e format was current then is wat they belong to). I kno im making this general, but if u want specifics, u can ask the Sixprizes forums. I'm sure they'd kno...

Saethori

Nice link, I'll do a comparison for missing cards later. (When I'm not so tired after having pulled an all-nighter on this update. ^^;)

Though I find it interesting (in the sense that I don't know quite how to consider it) that it lists 120 fewer cards than the current Lackey plugin does. I guess adding in 95 cards in the latest batch really helped fill the plugin's gaps.

[EDIT: Seems PokeGym doesn't count Base Set 2, which accounts for 130 cards. So they've got 10 cards that I don't, I'll find out which ones those are gradually, though Ancient Mew is one of them.]

Hopefully I can get another update, to fill in Platinum-era text gaps and whatever cards are still missing, some time before the end of the month. I'll let you all know when I update!

zeroash

ya Pokegym Research Tower is not perfect, but its very useful. Also u can try Bebessearch.com
here is the unlimited list: http://www.bebessearch.com/pokedex/Pokedex.aspx?showall=true

Also u may not want to go by total card count on pokegym because the site has test images and non-TCG cards.

But ya really i see simple text issues, but nothing that would confuse the user as to wat the card is :)

Just updated and saw the newer cards, so thanx and keep up the good work :D

PS: the Spring 2011 Victory Medal is out now just to let u know
Link: http://pokebeach.com/news/0511/spring-2011-victory-medal.jpg

Saethori

After carefully looking through the list at PokeGym (I found the Bebe's Search website to be generally incomplete), I have found the plugin is currently missing the following cards:
  • Team Rocket's Trickery, from Undaunted. Odd that this card was missing, but I'll include it in the next minor update.
  • Mew, Ancient. This card is weird. Its unique back renders it illegal in every format, and its existence is solely as a novelty. I will probably add it for that novelty, though. (Weird back and all.)
  • Victory Medal (many versions). I'm not entirely sure the value of including these, as they differ extremely little graphically and not at all statistically, from the one already in the file. It would include nine new versions for virtually no gain. If I get enough requests, though, I'll hunt down and include all the versions.

Other than the aforementioned three cards, the plugin has all cards currently released in English. :3