Re: I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-05-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 05, 2011, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I fixed the reveal crash many people mentioned yesterday. I also fixed some stuff regarding the table functions (marking,zooming,tilting,panning).

Let me know if you have difficulty updating. If the updater.exe doesn't work, try manually installing from the zip you can download from http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html. (Replace your old exe with the new exe from that zip and all your saved plugins and decks and preferences will be saved.)

Knighthawk

BLKPHNX

Trevor

Quote from: BLKPHNX on May 05, 2011, 04:23:18 PM
The update killed the program...I can't even launch it
As mentioned above, if you used the updater, try the manual download. Which method of update failed for you?

Saethori

From updating: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Seems the "download full version from website, replace .exe file" is the only way to update it at this point...

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on May 06, 2011, 04:09:16 AM
From updating: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Seems the "download full version from website, replace .exe file" is the only way to update it at this point...
That doesn't really make sense because it's the exact same file. Maybe try clearing your internet cache and use the updater again.

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on May 06, 2011, 11:09:51 AM
Quote from: Saethori on May 06, 2011, 04:09:16 AM

That doesn't really make sense because it's the exact same file. Maybe try clearing your internet cache and use the updater again.
Sense or no, it's what happens if I use LackeyCCG Updater.exe to update the program.

Just to try it out, I copied Lackey into a new folder, and replaced ONLY the .exe file with a version from 2009 I had stashed somewhere in my computer. Ran the updater, resulting .exe gave same error message.

Deleted .exe, tried to run Updater. Updater gave "put me into a LackeyCCG" folder error, so I made a zero-byte file named LackeyCCG.exe and ran the updater, and it replaced it. Same file size as all the other downloaded .exes, same error message.

My cache is always cleared, but while doing these tests I noticed something strange; The Updater program tells me it's done and encourages me to run Lackey, but unlike previous updates, the "update progress bar" stops at 90%. ...Maybe the error is in how much of the file the Updater is trying to download, and that's why it shoots back error messages because Windows won't run an impartial file?

Rojer007

my problem is also same.
after updation my program is not working... what should i do...

Trevor

Knighthawk

Is there any particular reason for me to be kicked from the server with the Debug Warning: Are you still connected, For Realz?  My plugin is said to be current and I am using the current build date 5-5-11.  It happens often, very often.

Normally after I am kicked I can reconnect to the server within seconds, yet within a few minutes I'm normally kicked again.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Trevor

Quote from: Knighthawk on May 11, 2011, 06:03:47 PM
Is there any particular reason for me to be kicked from the server with the Debug Warning: Are you still connected, For Realz?  My plugin is said to be current and I am using the current build date 5-5-11.  It happens often, very often.

Normally after I am kicked I can reconnect to the server within seconds, yet within a few minutes I'm normally kicked again.

Is there anything I can do about it?
This is an issue some people experience that I am still working on.

Trevor