News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Reveal to me

Started by Halfwing, May 07, 2011, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfwing

Would there be a way to get a 'Reveal to Me' feature added, so just a single person could look at someones hand, instead of having to show their entire hand to everyone when they only need to show a single person? Like peaking at the top X cards of an opponents deck, or just showing your hand or something?

Trevor

Quote from: Halfwing on May 07, 2011, 04:29:18 PM
Would there be a way to get a 'Reveal to Me' feature added, so just a single person could look at someones hand, instead of having to show their entire hand to everyone when they only need to show a single person? Like peaking at the top X cards of an opponents deck, or just showing your hand or something?
I assume you mean for a game with more than 2 players?

The simplest thing to do is send the cards to a zone that only that one player has access to. Yes, I could make a function to reveal to a specific player, but 95% of the time people either reveal stuff to themselves, others, or to all, and I didn't want to make the interface more complex for a modicum or more utility.

AdLit

This is how I handle these issues:  Flip the card face down and have the player you want to see it take it from the table to their hand.  That way only they see it.  They can always send it back if they need to.  This should be an issue that only arises on occasion, as things like discard piles and graveyards are usually face up anyways.

Alternatively, you could work on the "honor system" and reveal your hand to others and expect only that person to look at your hand.  Once they're done, you change it back.

Halfwing

Quote from: AdLit on May 07, 2011, 07:59:05 PM
This is how I handle these issues:  Flip the card face down and have the player you want to see it take it from the table to their hand.  That way only they see it.  They can always send it back if they need to.  This should be an issue that only arises on occasion, as things like discard piles and graveyards are usually face up anyways.

Alternatively, you could work on the "honor system" and reveal your hand to others and expect only that person to look at your hand.  Once they're done, you change it back.

Ive been doing the first for things like REVEAL THE TOP X CARDS OF THE DECK. Then honor for hands. I just thought it would be nice to have the option :/