News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Stratego plugin

Started by Trevor, May 14, 2011, 06:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Available through the plugin finder, I am experimenting with different board games. Here is a classic board game, Stratego.

I suggest you load the stratego playmat, which is included. You can load the image to your opponent by typing /platmatsync (or /ps), but they likely already have it if they already have the stratego plugin.

Hold down the shift key and you can see your pieces.
You may want to enable your piece names to be viewable all times (so you don't have to hold shift all the time). The list to the right of the table has buttons at the bottom, including Text ON/OFF. You can hit the T.Color next to it to change the color text is displayed as.

Draw arrows as needed.

Advance the turn when you have moved, or if playing with voice chat, just say DONE. That allows for fast play.

Making a new game will load all your pieces to the board. In main menu, toggle Hidden Play mode on, and you can freely move your pieces around (and your opponent will not know where). When you have your initial setup, toggle Hidden Play mode off and you can start the game.

If you have GUI feedback, let me know. I just started adding board game functionality and I am improving things rapidly. This, along with the chess plugin, are a few first steps in that direction.

TheBuck

Never played that game but I'm happy to see board games are being worked on. Opens up a whole lot more.

CecilArcelle

Brilliant! I love stratego and my board is missing pieces :D Can't wait to try this out

cap.tiny

AWESOEM HAVENT PLAYED STRATEGO IN LIKE FOREVER!!!!

comandercom

Hey I just started to try using this plugin and I'm having a couple problems:

1) I don't have an army or hand zone.

2) I can't figure out how to reveal all your pieces at the same time.

Trevor

comandercom

not exactly...

Pressing shift doesn't reveal the card on the board it only pops up on the smaller card viewer on the left and I can't view all my cards on the board at the same time.

deadgames

I second the problem seeing all of my pieces at the same time. Your screenshot suggests that's possible, but pressing shift has no effect for me. Is there a way to tell Lackey to set a card to show the front to me but the back to the opponent (a half-way state between "face up" and "face down")? If so, I could simply select all my cards at the beginning of the game and set them to that state. That would combine well with "Cards stand", which right now doesn't seem to do much (and also draws a weird thick black border over each card).