I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-16-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 16, 2011, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Nava,
I just put a few real cards in a pile on my table, and it is pretty clear how many are there just by looking. I designed Lackey to emulate real world playing, and in that regard, the current method of drawing cards on top of each other higher works. What you are requesting is something you couldn't do with real cards, and therefore I'm not sure how I should accommodate it.
Will the option to have the cards on top of each other to make a flat pile work for you?

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on May 18, 2011, 04:45:35 PM
Nava,
I just put a few real cards in a pile on my table, and it is pretty clear how many are there just by looking. I designed Lackey to emulate real world playing, and in that regard, the current method of drawing cards on top of each other higher works. What you are requesting is something you couldn't do with real cards, and therefore I'm not sure how I should accommodate it.
Will the option to have the cards on top of each other to make a flat pile work for you?

Trevor,

I don't want to talk you into something you really don't want to integrate into your program! I know that the startrek1E/2E/Tribbles plugins are rather off-beat (small player base and strange mechanics). Up to the version of 05-05-11 (?) this behavior (complete covering) was possible with Lackey. This is not a whim of mine, it is something we were asked by players. Players tried it and asked about it.
If there would be a possibility to change the behavior as an option it would be great - if not or it would cause too much work (or make maintenance difficult) the players would have to live with it :). And believe me, I wouldn't have brought it up, if it wasn't a request from multiple players (you wouldn't want to know about the other requests ;) )

Nava

Trevor

Nava

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on May 18, 2011, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 18, 2011, 05:09:22 PM
Nava, I will add the option to have it be flat again.

Thanks so much!!!

Nava
It occurs to me that the option for a player to make the stacks flat will not be what you want. It seems like you want me to have the plugin maker FORCE everyone's stacks to be flat. Is that correct?

Trevor

TookieWilliams

When spectating a game untapping is not shown.

Edit:
Also i have noticed its no longer possible to put 1 card in the deck and load it to you.  I don't know if that was done on purpose but i liked being able to do that. Sometimes I would build a deck with someone and we'd lay em out on the table and if we found a card that would go good in it we could just import the 1 card and put it in.

Trevor

Quote from: TookieWilliams on May 20, 2011, 06:58:39 PM
When spectating a game untapping is not shown.

Edit:
Also i have noticed its no longer possible to put 1 card in the deck and load it to you.  I don't know if that was done on purpose but i liked being able to do that. Sometimes I would build a deck with someone and we'd lay em out on the table and if we found a card that would go good in it we could just import the 1 card and put it in.
Fixed the spectating TurnAll bug.

I seem to be able to load 1 card fine. How exactly are you doing it? List the steps from launching Lackey to a 1-card deck not loading please.