News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

OverPower Plugin

Started by Bob the Builder, May 16, 2011, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob the Builder

Is there anyone out there available to make a Marvel/Dc OverPower plugin. And me im to computer stupid to make one

Picks-at-Flies

Usual questions apply:  do you have scans?  Do you have a spoiler database?

Bob the Builder

Like i say.. I dont make plugins.. i have acess to a spoiler database, and yes i have i believe all the scans..

Picks-at-Flies

Okay, attach the database to this post (or point me to it).  For the card scans, can you attach a representative sample (3-4 different types from different sets) so I can check the quality and consistency?

Cheers.

Bob the Builder

Heres the closest thing to a database i could find.. card scans coming in a few minutes  http://www.overpower.ca/   

Bob the Builder

Heres some of the scans

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Picks-at-Flies

The scans are good.  The spoilers really not so good.  The best place for spoilers is at:
http://www.beenhereandthere.com/overpower/overpower_card_lists.htm

It should be possible to convert the spoilers into a tab-deliminated file with a few manipulations:
- Top and tail the cardlists
- Separate the card types into different working text files
- Copy and replace double space with a tab
- Copy and replace double-tab with tab until it gets no results
- Copy and replace tab-space with tab
- Selected other copy and pastes
- Manually remove line breaks as necessary
- Manually fix other errors

Copy and paste each file into Excel (all on one sheet).  Once it's in there move columns around so you can:
- Add the Character to each special
- Add card types
- Add the set name
The Excel stage is incredibly easy.

I would estimate that is about half an hour's work for each file, less or more depending on how fast you are.

There is some higgery-pokery to rearrange the columns in a way that makes sense when people search for it, but really the most annoying stage is putting in all the file names.  It would be easier if they followed a standard pattern, but just in the examples you showed there are three variations in naming the specials.  However, even if you (or someone) can take it to the previous stage it will be a large step forward to making the plugin.

Picks-at-Flies

Ok, scratch that last comment.  I downloaded the OP online tool, and it contains an Access file with spoilers.  Rather too detailed actually.

Sooo, since I just saved everyone else lots of work, if I assembled 90% of the database, could you put the file names in?

Bob the Builder

LIKE i said.. i am not a plugin maker.. i just have the scans..dont know the first thing about any of this

Picks-at-Flies

You don't need to know anything other than how to type and how to read, and be willing to put the effort in.

Anyway, the complete Excel spoiler is attached.  It was 3-4 hours of work to integrate it onto one sheet so I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking for someone who really wants the plugin to do the rest of the work.  For each card, find the relevant card image/scan and type the file name into the third column of the spreadsheet (without the .jpg at the end).

cap.tiny

Well im working on learning this plugin stuff maybe if it isnt done by the time i learn this stuff maybe i can do it

Picks-at-Flies

Just noticed I forgot to attach the spoiler.  Then I found out it's too big so choose one of these:
http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/OP_setinfo.txt (Tab deliminated, 300kb)
http://www.werepenguin.com/rage/OP_setinfo.xlsx (Excel 2007/10 format, 250kb)

Also, by 'rest of the work', I only mean complete the spoiler.  Once the spoiler is complete, I have no problem finishing the plugin.

michael2mandy

Hey just stumbled upon this but was what I was looking for, any way I could help with this? Any progress?

Picks-at-Flies

It's done, it should be in the autoupdate, credits are in the download. Sorry I didn't update this thread. There's an Overpower FB group if you want to arrange games.

Johnny Blaze

Id like to learn how to play.. Big thing is , How to build a deck.. Theres a Word document with rules, but the deck building is confusing, To bad there isnt a tutorial someplace. The high res scans look awesom