I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-19-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 19, 2011, 06:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: XFede on May 21, 2011, 06:43:15 AM
Hi everybody! This is my first post, i've been using Lackey for a while, and it's great!
I apologize if my English isn't perfect, i try my best but i'm not a native speaker.

I'd like to report a couple of bugs. I'm using the Vtes plugin.

1)In the deck editor area, you can click and drag on a card name and use left\right arrows to decrease\increase the number of cards you are moving.
When you do this, you se the cards near the mouse pointer.
This works fine when you drag from the lower part of the editor (where all the card in the game are shown).
But when you drag from the upper part (the deck list that you are editing) the cards are not shown. It still adds or remove cards like it should, but you don't see them near the mouse pointer.

2) in the preferences->gameplay tab you can set a command to the F1, F2 etc keys. This doesn't work anymore.
I set a command for each key, then press "save preferences". The screen goes to the game area, but it doesn't save my preferences, and the Function keys are still the default commands.

Thanks again!
I fixed the first issue. Rather than fix the 2nd thing, I'm going to implement a whole new key bindings preference window. Not only will it let people change key/button bindings, it will tell them what bindings to what, which most people are ignorant of.

XFede

I'd like to report another bug. I don't know if it's the same that Saethori reported, because it is very similar.

In the doomtown plugin thread i read that you can use up and down arrows to change a player stat. I didn't know that, so i immediately opened Lackey to try it.
And it behaves exactly like page up or page down that Saethori described: each press counts for two, one when pressing and one when releasing the button.

Trevor

Quote from: XFede on May 23, 2011, 02:31:04 AM
I'd like to report another bug. I don't know if it's the same that Saethori reported, because it is very similar.

In the doomtown plugin thread i read that you can use up and down arrows to change a player stat. I didn't know that, so i immediately opened Lackey to try it.
And it behaves exactly like page up or page down that Saethori described: each press counts for two, one when pressing and one when releasing the button.
Haha, ya, I fixed that yesterday. I introduced a number of instances of that kind of key_up bug, and I just needed to find them all and fix them. I fixed it now, and it will work as expected when I post the next version.

If you notice any more instances of keydown and keyup things happening when you expect it just to happen on keydown, let me know.

fawx

I just installed the current version on my 11" Macbook Air. However, the initial resolution of the program puts the resizer on the bottom right corner of the window out of my reach. Is there any way to start off with a lower resolution so all window elements are accessible?

Unfortunately this makes the program a little unusable for me. If there is a simple solutions, please let me know!

Thanks!

Trevor

Quote from: fawx on May 24, 2011, 12:44:47 PM
I just installed the current version on my 11" Macbook Air. However, the initial resolution of the program puts the resizer on the bottom right corner of the window out of my reach. Is there any way to start off with a lower resolution so all window elements are accessible?

Unfortunately this makes the program a little unusable for me. If there is a simple solutions, please let me know!

Thanks!
I'm going to make sure that can't happen. Until then, edit the secure/Preferences.txt file. Change 2 lines to what you want.
MAINWINDOWWIDTH:600
MAINWINDOWHEIGHT:800
or whatever size you want. When you next launch Lackey, it should be that size.

fawx

Quote from: Trevor on May 24, 2011, 01:58:40 PMI'm going to make sure that can't happen. Until then, edit the secure/Preferences.txt file. Change 2 lines to what you want.

Thanks! I think ya got the numbers backwards, as those would make my situation worse ;-) I also see there is a setting:

ISFULLSCREEN:0

Would setting this to 1 also resolve the issue? Maybe defaulting to full screen would be a good option then you don't have to guess about minimum resolutions.

Thanks again for your help!

Trevor

Quote from: fawx on May 24, 2011, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 24, 2011, 01:58:40 PMI'm going to make sure that can't happen. Until then, edit the secure/Preferences.txt file. Change 2 lines to what you want.

Thanks! I think ya got the numbers backwards, as those would make my situation worse ;-) I also see there is a setting:

Would setting this to 1 also resolve the issue? Maybe defaulting to full screen would be a good option then you don't have to guess about minimum resolutions.

Ya, try it.

fawx

Quote from: Trevor on May 24, 2011, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: fawx on May 24, 2011, 02:19:15 PM

Ya, try it.

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Melkor1010

I'm currently spectating a game and I'm seeing a few issues...

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, I haven't read every thread...

Cards aren't untapping even though I know they must be for the people playing because on the log it tells me they are tapping them....

Cards in hand are screwy...

I"ll post more as i figure it out.

Trevor

Quote from: Melkor1010 on May 24, 2011, 09:54:16 PM
I'm currently spectating a game and I'm seeing a few issues...

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, I haven't read every thread...

Cards aren't untapping even though I know they must be for the people playing because on the log it tells me they are tapping them....

Cards in hand are screwy...

I"ll post more as i figure it out.
I think someone else reported that and I have fixed it but haven't posted the fix.

Trevor