I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-24-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 24, 2011, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I fixed a number of bugs and added some new things.

/spawn in the game log will spawn a card.
/spawn cardname will spawn any card you want. For example, "/spawn Castle" will spawn a card named castle. So if you want to tell someone a cool card for their deck, or something like that, you can use this to show them.

There is now an ability to toggle cards to be standing on the table. This button is above the table. Cards will only be shown standing while the table is tilted. Let me know if there are any bugs related to this. It's a new ability so it might have some bugs still.

Let me know if the previously reported bugs remain, or if there are any bugs whatsoever.

Mandurang

Hi Trevor, thanks for the hard work. I'd like to report some bugs that I've encountered.

1) If you spawn a token card (from the "Other" zone) onto the battlefield, and then move it into your hand, the card will cease to exist for you (as it should) but your opponent will see an increase in the number of cards in your hand. Example: Say you have 3 cards in your hand. You spawn a token onto the battlefield, then move it into your hand. The text will read for both "X moves Y token from the battlefield into his hand, where it ceases to exist", but then your opponent will see your hand as having 4 cards. If he selects them all and moves them down into the battlefield, only the 3 will appear, and if you move them back into your hand, the number is still 3, so it is fixed, but only if you do this step.

2) When you spectate a game, all and any cards do not untap unless someone wants to tap them again, in which case they momentarily untap and then immediately become tapped again. They are fine as long as they have not been tapped (i.e. they will appear untapped when anyone plays them for the first time), but otherwise any card that becomes tapped will remain tapped. I tested this with a friend of mine and he reported the same behavior when spectating a game. 

3) There is a bug if you try to move a card into a specific location in your library by following this process: Scroll down to the specific position of your library and locate where you want to place the card (say position #16). Then drag the card into that position. The card instead of appearing at that position will appear in your library as if this specific view of your library is the topmost (i.e. will appear at e.g. position #2).

It's a little confusing without being able to show it, so to make this more explicit: Suppose you have stretched the viewer (either the side viewer or the bottom viewer) to only show three cards. Scroll all the way up - then the top card you see in the viewer is the topmost card of your library (position 1). Then if you put any card from the battlefield right after it, it will be moved to position #2. All good so far. Then scroll down so that the viewer (which still shows you three cards) is positioned so that the top card shown in it is position #16. If you try to drag a card from the battlefield right after that one, it should be moved to position #17. However, it will be moved to position #2, as if you never scrolled down! This is the same for the bottom bar. It has to do with how many cards the viewer is showing you, so if your viewer showed you 20 (instead of three in my example above) cards, no matter where your actual position was in the library, you'd only be able to move the cards in the top 20 positions. This makes for a lot of confusion in the rare time where you want to place a card in a specific position.

Trevor

Quote from: Mandurang on May 24, 2011, 11:12:06 PM
Hi Trevor, thanks for the hard work. I'd like to report some bugs that I've encountered.

1) If you spawn a token card (from the "Other" zone) onto the battlefield, and then move it into your hand, the card will cease to exist for you (as it should) but your opponent will see an increase in the number of cards in your hand. Example: Say you have 3 cards in your hand. You spawn a token onto the battlefield, then move it into your hand. The text will read for both "X moves Y token from the battlefield into his hand, where it ceases to exist", but then your opponent will see your hand as having 4 cards. If he selects them all and moves them down into the battlefield, only the 3 will appear, and if you move them back into your hand, the number is still 3, so it is fixed, but only if you do this step.

2) When you spectate a game, all and any cards do not untap unless someone wants to tap them again, in which case they momentarily untap and then immediately become tapped again. They are fine as long as they have not been tapped (i.e. they will appear untapped when anyone plays them for the first time), but otherwise any card that becomes tapped will remain tapped. I tested this with a friend of mine and he reported the same behavior when spectating a game. 

3) There is a bug if you try to move a card into a specific location in your library by following this process: Scroll down to the specific position of your library and locate where you want to place the card (say position #16). Then drag the card into that position. The card instead of appearing at that position will appear in your library as if this specific view of your library is the topmost (i.e. will appear at e.g. position #2).

It's a little confusing without being able to show it, so to make this more explicit: Suppose you have stretched the viewer (either the side viewer or the bottom viewer) to only show three cards. Scroll all the way up - then the top card you see in the viewer is the topmost card of your library (position 1). Then if you put any card from the battlefield right after it, it will be moved to position #2. All good so far. Then scroll down so that the viewer (which still shows you three cards) is positioned so that the top card shown in it is position #16. If you try to drag a card from the battlefield right after that one, it should be moved to position #17. However, it will be moved to position #2, as if you never scrolled down! This is the same for the bottom bar. It has to do with how many cards the viewer is showing you, so if your viewer showed you 20 (instead of three in my example above) cards, no matter where your actual position was in the library, you'd only be able to move the cards in the top 20 positions. This makes for a lot of confusion in the rare time where you want to place a card in a specific position.
I haven't been able to replicate 1 and 2. Be very specific. There are about 20 different ways to move cards from one place to another, and I need to know exactly which way you are moving them. What are you clicking exactly and where? Are these bugs still in the 5-24-11 version? Do these bugs happen sporadically, or can you reliably reproduce them?

I just fixed bug 3.

Mandurang

Thanks for the quick reply. I used simple drag and drop to move cards when testing 1). I will test more when my friend comes online tomorrow and will post some more details.

About 2), it seems to be fixed now, so it may have been a problem with the old version or something else entirely. Just for the record, the problem was this: whenever I spectated a game in the server, the cards did not untap for me. I could see the messages (uses Untap on all his cards), but the cards remained visually tapped. When a player wanted to tap a card that should be untapped (and to me appeared tapped), the card did a quick untap then tap again animation. It was the same for a friend of mine - we took turns observing and playing games today, and the issue was the same for both of us. He was using a mac and I was using a pc. I say again that it appears to be fixed now, so I'm just reporting it in case it appears again.

XFede

In the deckbuilding tab, when you drag and drop cards you do not see the cards being dragged. You only see a vertical yellow bar near the mouse pointer.
Pressing left or right to change the amount of cards works, but you still only see a single vertical yellow bar instead of the actual cards.

Trevor

Quote from: Fede on May 25, 2011, 03:56:24 AM
In the deckbuilding tab, when you drag and drop cards you do not see the cards being dragged. You only see a vertical yellow bar near the mouse pointer.
Pressing left or right to change the amount of cards works, but you still only see a single vertical yellow bar instead of the actual cards.
Fixed.

Mandurang

OK Trevor, I just did some more testing, and problems 1 and 2 that I wrote about above seem to have gone away! So we're all good.

I have another potential problem I wanted to bring to your attention. During a game, when you load a deck, your life total resets to 20 (at least in the Magic plugin). However, if you have already played a game and your life total has changed, and then you load a deck, your life total changes to 20 only for you, and not for your opponent (who sees your old life amount).

Specifically: Suppose you have 12 life, then load a deck while in a game with your opponent. Your screen will change to show 20. Your opponent's screen, while it will correctly show that a deck has been loaded, will not change the life to 20, but rather show your life to be 12 still.

This does NOT happen when you use the "new game" command. Only when you load a deck while still in the game.

pyphoros

i cant even DL the Lackey program... gets to 15% and then just stoops. any ideas?

thanks

Trevor

Quote from: pyphoros on May 26, 2011, 03:27:34 PM
i cant even DL the Lackey program... gets to 15% and then just stoops. any ideas?

thanks
What method are you using to download it? What URL? Try clearing your internet cache?

pyphoros

straight from the link in the download section, had no problems with anythin else so seems a little odd...
will try what you sai and get back to you though

cheers

Trevor

Quote from: Mandurang on May 25, 2011, 07:05:49 PM
I have another potential problem I wanted to bring to your attention. During a game, when you load a deck, your life total resets to 20 (at least in the Magic plugin). However, if you have already played a game and your life total has changed, and then you load a deck, your life total changes to 20 only for you, and not for your opponent (who sees your old life amount).
Fixed.

Trevor