1 (16.7%)
no, not a so great game
0 (0%)
NO, just NO
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: June 08, 2011, 06:31:22 PM

Jack72

Hey everybody I have made up a game for me and my friends called Dream Fighting Rivals, its like Epic battles and UFS where famous video game characters go head to head on epic battles, I made it because my friends weren't interested UFS much and that UFS didn't had everything we loved like Tales of symphonia and Super smash bros brawl and many more. It was good but it died slowly due to its card unbalance, ettara and many template changes.

We made lots of cards, keywords and even a format which is a 3on3 tag inspired by Marvel vs Capcom which you use 3 decks, 1 in the battle and 2 outside which you can call for asset and team combo with team.

I made this game with index cards not on the computer but now with lackey, I could maybe revive this game from the grave, tell me what you think, feel free to criticize.

Saethori

Really, you've given us pretty much NO information on the game itself, other than "I liked this one game but it didn't have [Favorite Character] so I copied parts of it to make my own game with [Favorite Character] in it"...

Some actual information (perhaps with pictures and an explanation of the play process) would allow a bit more of an informed opinion on it, but so far it really just sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.

I apologize if this post was unnecessarily brutal, but I have difficulty being straightforward in any other way.

Jack72

IN THIS GAME, you can have characters like Mario vs Master Chief, Mega man fighting Kratos or heroscape characters like Major Q10 and Sgt. Drake vs a Magic the gathering characters like Jace or Nicol Bolas, or a 3 on 3 battle of Dante, Sonic and Pikachu vs Taskmaster, Batman and Konata. :o

no problem of the criticism, its good to be criticized so you can do something right.

If you played UFS then you will get this game no problem.

There are 5 core card type.

Character: This card represent you, it haves it own abilities, stats, starting life and hand size.

Support: This is your training, items and special talents, they are in the support pool which you can use there abilities, you have 6 of them, no more no less.

Power: They are the resource for you to play attacks and abilities by tapping them, they are in the support pool which you have 8 of them.

Action: They are special moves that help you or give your opponent a disadvantage (or both)

Attack: They are punches, kicks, slash and fire hadoukens, they are the things that bring your opponent down, there are Hyper attacks that have a moral cost.

Each player have 2 decks, one is a 15 card support deck which haves 8 powers, 6 supports and 1 character, which is who you are in the fight. The other deck is a 30 card attack deck which have attacks, actions and level ups.

There is also location which are like planechase from magic which are the environments of the battle and have different effects like each player draw 1 ard during the staging turn, and a event with can happen by rolling a D6 for an effect in the fight.

Theres 3 phases, Starting, Action and Ending
Starting: This is when you untap your cards, draw to your hand size and play S abilites.

Action: This is to play attacks and A abilities

Ending: You put all your attacks that dealt damage to your moral attach to your character (which can be discarded to play special abilities and Hyper attacks.)

At the start of the game, you put your Character, supports and powers in your support pool and shuffle your attack deck and draw cards equal to your character hand size, then decide who goes first, the player going second taps 2 of his/her powers at the start of the game (because they would have a full advantage if the first player taps their powers because they can play little attacks and the second player will have lots of power to block then strike back hard at the next turn.)

So the player do their starting, at action they player attacks using powers and end their turn at ending and pass and this keeps going until someone defeated their foe by reduce their life to 0!

Attacks have speed and damage, damage is of course how Much damage it deals, speed is how much it cost to block this attack, block modifiers are on the top of attacks and actions which can reduce or add the cost, ones the block is played, until it discarded at ending, you can use it as a power.

When attacks are play, theres 2 steps, enhance and blocking, in the enhance, you and opponent play P abilities to either make the attack better, worse o just draw cards and whatever, after theres blocking which theres 3 zones, high, mid and low, if you block match, the attack deals no damage, but if doesn't match, then it deals half damage, round up, high blocks can't block low attack and same the other way around.

I Apologize I don't have any pics because i haven't made any template (No paint program) and no scanner to scan the cards I made.

P.S. I not very good at explaining rules in text.

Jack72

Well nobody is replying and it haves 2 "NO, just No" in the poll so this game is dead.