I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-27-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 27, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yazaki

When hosting a server with the MtG plugin I get the message "<Username> tried to connect but his plugin is not the same as yours."

When using the /reportpluginchecksum we get the exactly same numbers. We tried both doing fresh installs and plugin updating as well as using the exact same install, zipped and sent to each other. I can connect fine with the same plugin between my home desktop and laptop, (lan and wan), but connecting to any of my friend's computers doesn't work. It might be something locale related?

I'm in Finland and my friend is in Germany, respective OS languages and locale settings.

DarthShrine

Quote from: yazaki on June 16, 2011, 05:59:13 PM
When hosting a server with the MtG plugin I get the message "<Username> tried to connect but his plugin is not the same as yours."

When using the /reportpluginchecksum we get the exactly same numbers. We tried both doing fresh installs and plugin updating as well as using the exact same install, zipped and sent to each other. I can connect fine with the same plugin between my home desktop and laptop, (lan and wan), but connecting to any of my friend's computers doesn't work. It might be something locale related?

I'm in Finland and my friend is in Germany, respective OS languages and locale settings.

I get this same issue, hosting a game between two English computers without the Server tab. Mine is running OS X and the other has been Windows/Linux. However, if I host the game via the Server tab (with proxy off), it works fine.

In addition, Lackey seems to not obey the system keyboard map in OS X. I usually use Dvorak, but Lackey seems to take the raw keyboard input which is Qwerty (which kinda makes typing a bit difficult for me!).

Sometimes after supposedly disconnecting from spectating a game, I am not fully disconnected and still receive the chat messages from the game I was previously connected to.

carapippino

Quote from: Dimeq on June 15, 2011, 08:01:05 PM
trying to set player 2's life by clicking in the life box and pressing enter sets player 1's life instead, and trying to set player 1's life the same way doesn't seem to do anything.

example (trying to set player 2's life total to 15 by pressing enter (rather than the = button) instead sets player 1's life total, and trying to set player 1's life total to 3 doesn't work):

i agree with that, also with different game plugin

DrQwerty

I find a mini bug, is about the "Load avatar from url" button.
If I press this whit out paste a url in the box, the client crash.

Well, bie bie.

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on June 27, 2011, 03:47:04 PM

Well, bie bie.
Try to repeat this. What is in your clipboard when you paste?

DrQwerty

I repeat this again, this time whit this url in my clipboard:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2010/avatar/avatar_intro.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hUVteXw-Rqg/S1-YW2ok84I/AAAAAAAACKE/T_u8WUz2EE0/s400/avatar11.jpg
http://www.zonatuning.com/customavatars/avatar22905_4.gif
http://www.foromtb.com/customavatars/avatar87003_8.gif

Maybe you need just to disable the "Load avatar from url" button when the url box are empty.

Edit.

Here some depuration log:

'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\LackeyCCG.exe', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\SDL.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\SDL_image.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\sdl_sound.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\smpeg.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\vorbisfile.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\ogg.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\vorbis.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'D:\Juegos\LackeyCCG\glut32.dll', El binario no se gener? con la informaci?n de depuraci?n.
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IPHLPAPI.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winnsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ig4icd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'LackeyCCG.exe': se carg? 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\avrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x93c4) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x938c) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x8ddc) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x9140) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x90cc) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x8a48) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x928c) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x8e28) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x936c) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x902c) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El subproceso 'Subproceso Win32' (0x891c) termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).
El programa '[34952] LackeyCCG.exe: Nativo' termin? con c?digo -1073740777 (0xc0000417).

Dunno how work depuration, but I can do this, so noob still, heh.

Trevor

Well, bie bie.
I just fixed this.

DrQwerty

Quote from: Trevor on June 29, 2011, 01:42:27 PM

Well, bie bie.
I just fixed this.

Ok! Thx.

Burst

On the deck browser there are two buttons  <>  I assume those are for directory navigation or something, but they don't appear to do anything.
Also, it looks like there is no way to browse or create subdirectories or move to other directories.

am I missing something, is this a bug or a feature that never got implemented?

Trevor

Quote from: Burst on July 11, 2011, 10:26:43 PM
On the deck browser there are two buttons  <>  I assume those are for directory navigation or something, but they don't appear to do anything.
Also, it looks like there is no way to browse or create subdirectories or move to other directories.

am I missing something, is this a bug or a feature that never got implemented?
Oh, I forgot about those. I was originally going to allow folder and subfolder navigation, but I decided that it was just better to make things simple and all in one directory. I removed those buttons.

Burst

oh, could I put a request in to change your mind  :)

I can't imagine I'm the only person with hundreds of decks that would be nice to organize.
Even if maintenance of the directories themselves isn't added in, could we at least browse and use directories created outside of lackey?  It's gets even worse when a plugin dumps even more decks into the directory.  I can delete them but any plugin update simply puts them back again.

thanks

Ham

Yes please.

I have near 700 decks, which I have sorted alphabetically by format, but it still takes a long time to scroll down to where I want.

Or maybe just a way to search the folder for a deck name.

Trevor

Quote from: Ham on July 13, 2011, 01:52:09 PM
Yes please.

I have near 700 decks, which I have sorted alphabetically by format, but it still takes a long time to scroll down to where I want.

Or maybe just a way to search the folder for a deck name.
It's more complicated than it seems to have more than one deck folder. There are lots of things that assume there is only one deck folder, like /getdeck and /senddeck. And then there is things like export to text, which right now is a simple button click. If I allowed for a bunch of deck subdirectories, people would expect to have the ability to export txt decks to any of them, and that necessarily complicates the interface. And if there are multiple deck directories, people will need to search every one of them if they are looking for a deck. And that's just the tip of the ice berg.
In summation, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth. Even if it was all coded up and working right now, I would disable it, because it just isn't worth the tons of complexity that it causes.

That said, I will try to think of ways to help you organize your decks. I just don't think subdirectories is the solution.

Burst

how about an "active directory" option.  that way we could organize our directories however we wanted with the caveat that Lackey will only recognize one directory at a time.  We can browse around and switch which one is active whenever we want, but once we've selected everything behaves as it does now.

Saethori

One option might be a tag system. Basically:
A deck would have a "tags" field, similar to the Deck Name field. This field is free-text, and whatever is typed in there, it is added as the deck's tag (allowing multiple tags divided by commas, such as, to use Magic terms for a bit, "Precon,White,Blue,Multicolor"). The filename remains unchanged, so adding/changing tags would be as simple as loading the deck, altering the tags field, and resaving. The tags could, of course, be saved in the "meta" section of the deck files, so it won't directly interfere with the deck reading method.

When Lackey loads up the deck folder for browsing or loading a deck, it will quickly scan the tag section of the deck file, and provide a list of buttons marked for each tag. Selecting a button would list only decks with that provided tag.

This way, people can sort their deck collection any way they please, without interfering with any filename-specific commands Lackey requests.

...Just a thought.