I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-27-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 27, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Burst on July 13, 2011, 06:04:01 PM
how about an "active directory" option.  that way we could organize our directories however we wanted with the caveat that Lackey will only recognize one directory at a time.  We can browse around and switch which one is active whenever we want, but once we've selected everything behaves as it does now.
You could do that right now. Not within lackey, but you could just have other folders adjacent to the decks folder.

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on July 13, 2011, 06:21:23 PM
One option might be a tag system. Basically:
A deck would have a "tags" field, similar to the Deck Name field. This field is free-text, and whatever is typed in there, it is added as the deck's tag (allowing multiple tags divided by commas, such as, to use Magic terms for a bit, "Precon,White,Blue,Multicolor"). The filename remains unchanged, so adding/changing tags would be as simple as loading the deck, altering the tags field, and resaving. The tags could, of course, be saved in the "meta" section of the deck files, so it won't directly interfere with the deck reading method.

When Lackey loads up the deck folder for browsing or loading a deck, it will quickly scan the tag section of the deck file, and provide a list of buttons marked for each tag. Selecting a button would list only decks with that provided tag.

This way, people can sort their deck collection any way they please, without interfering with any filename-specific commands Lackey requests.

...Just a thought.
I considered something like that, but it seems too clunky to implement to have it be an actual improvement over how things are done now.

For someone to have something like 700 decks I think is not the norm. And I think the "recent decks" method of loading a deck would be used most of the time. For those few who are true deck hoarders, I don't really think it's such a horrible problem, assuming you intelligently named your decks in the first place. If you aren't doing it already, you might want to think of a consistent naming scheme for your decks.

I really don't think it's a big problem having them all in a single place.

Trevor

Quote from: Ham on July 13, 2011, 01:52:09 PM
Yes please.

I have near 700 decks, which I have sorted alphabetically by format, but it still takes a long time to scroll down to where I want.

Or maybe just a way to search the folder for a deck name.
I'm not sure if you realized this, but you can scroll a bunch of ways in Lackey, and none should take that long. The standard page up and page down move up and down windows (and the other standard things), but if you really need to scroll fast, just left click on the square and drag. Alternatively, there is a non-standard interface ability where if you right click at a particular place in the scroll bar, it behaves as if you left clicked the square and dragged instantly to that place.

Bootylactin

I believe this is a bug....

When using a non-default cardback, via the comma notation in the card data definition files, the Titles of those cards will show up in a draw deck or when face down on the table, even if hidden to everyone, when Text ON is enabled.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to add the following to any existing plugin card data file, for the Imagefile column:

<image name>,cardback

Load that up and toggle Text ON.  When you look at your draw deck, you'll be able to see the card you modified.

Here's a screenshot of the bug in action:

And where it really becomes problematic for me is with the Encounter deck, which has no choice but to use a different cardback.  As you can see here, everything is visible:

Edit: Not sure if it matters, but I'm using the Windows version of Lackey...

Trevor

Bootylactin, a card's name should appear only when it is unique to that card, thus identifying the card. I will make sure there is an option to select if a card's back is truly unique, or an alternate type where the exact name of the card should be concealed.

Trevor