Dominion Plugin (Beta)

Started by Cyrus, May 28, 2011, 10:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

Introducing...

Dominion!

Original game + Intrigue + Seaside + Prosperity + Alchemy + Promos

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dbzziw65185r63

At this point I only have the text entered for the base set and common cards, but I will update it as quickly as I can.
I need a good background to go with it too.

To play using this plugin will take some creativity on the user's side. I suggest laying out the cards with only one of each card, while one player loads a deck made up of cards being used for the stockpile, and hands out cards to players as they buy them. The other idea is laying out piles of the cards in the general play area and players can just move the cards into their hand, but, I might still use plan A for the common cards, unless you want to drag a ton of cards into a giant pile. I've got some ideas on how to make it a little more user-friendly, but it'll take some experimenting with. I think that eventually, with the help of the community's suggestions perhaps, I can make this a viable way to play Dominion online.

Trevor

You need to have a tab delimitted text file for your card data file, ending with .txt.

Your bot.jpg is supposed to be more of a single character. The pic you have has a bunch of people, and you probably won't be able to make any of them out. That's just a suggestion.

Remember that in the plugininfo.txt file, you need to label things numerically in order, without skipping any numbers.
This won't work:
QuoteCOLUMN2:"ImageFile"   0
COLUMN4:"Type"   1

Attached is the 2 fixed files.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Cyrus

I must have uploaded an old version of the plugin because all of that checks out for me. My bad. I'll double check everything and repost in the morning. Thanks for checking it

cap.tiny

I cant wait... i love dominion... is there not a way to plot down just piles of cards into one spot .. or you could make it to where players when "building decks" pregame just have "decks" of each card saved in the deck editor as one deck... what i mean by this is instead of deck, sideboard, etc. you just have personal deck, discard, trash, deck1, deck2, deck3, deck4, etc. (these decks are just the piles of the cards) and just buy from each others zones..

Cyrus

New link is up! Almost 10x the size of the last one, meaning I shouldn't do any more plugin work really late at night (unless people really love the suspense when I post the wrong thing...)

cap.tiny - try out a bunch of different things, and if something works, try to write down a step-by-step setup instruction sheet. If enough people do that we can track down the best way to get the game setup, and include the instructions with the plugin. Once that is figured out I'll start posting the plugin with a link to lackey on boardgamegeek and other such boards.

Trevor

Get the game set up? If you want, you can set it so that certain cards are in certain places at the start of a game.

r0cknes

Quote from: Trevor on May 29, 2011, 02:59:47 PM
Get the game set up? If you want, you can set it so that certain cards are in certain places at the start of a game.

How do you do that? You mean you can have cards automatically be set in certain spots on the game table when a new game is started? Because that would be awesome to do.

Also, is this link dead? If so is there another link? I love Dominion as well.

Trevor

Quote from: r0cknes on May 29, 2011, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: Trevor on May 29, 2011, 02:59:47 PM

How do you do that? You mean you can have cards automatically be set in certain spots on the game table when a new game is started? Because that would be awesome to do.
It's very simple. All you need to do is set everything how you want it, and save the game. Then, take that save game file and rename it start.txt and do a small tweak to it. Copy the name of the person in seat 1 and do a batch replace with PLAYER0. Do another batch replace with the other players too. What this does is generalize the save game file to restore the cards to any person in that seat. And by naming the saved game "start.txt", lackey will automatically load this saved state every time you choose New Game from the game menu.

Stratego is an example of a plugin that uses this a start.txt if you want to take a look.

A saved game start preserves everything a saved game does, including cards in the various piles, on the table, counters, stat totals, notes on cards, and most other things.

r0cknes

That is great!

A friend and I are trying to develop a card game. The game is supposed to have all the cards on the board at the start and you then select them and place them in your hand. 7 Piles need to be shuffled and placed on the table. I was thinking of just putting all the cards in different sections of your deck, but it seems that lackey only allows 5 sections.

Is there an easy way to shuffle the decks on the table?

Maybe this is the wrong section of the forum for this, but can you add to this program shared decks? I don't know how exactly it would work, but it certainly would be awesome. Just thinking out loud I guess. What if you could have a 3rd player that held all the shared cards. Then each player can just select from the "third Player" that is not actually playing? Then do the "save the game and rename it thing."

Hope that makes sense. ;D

Trevor

There are no piles of cards on the table. A pile of cards should be a zone. Technically, every zone would be a pile of cards on the table with real cards, but piles are handled differently than free cards on the table. If you want to treat a pile of cards like a pile of cards, that is what zones are for.

As far as shared decks, several plugins have those. You load them to one player, usually the person in seat one, and then use functions to transfer a card from that deck to your hand.

cap.tiny

well the saved game thing sounds good but it wouldn't work in dominion because every game of dominion is different with different card setups every time.. though some people have certain setups they like... there is already an online free-to-play dominion game BUT the guy running it (the "trevor") is very very rude and unhelpful AND the server is full most of the time.

r0cknes

The could work for dominion and similar games, but as far as I can tell you can't set up a game with two players using the same computer. Therefore to play dominion or similar games you have to set up a hosting computer just to act as a dummy player. Then use two other computers to join the game. It would be much better if the host could control multiple seats. That way only two computers are required for these games.

Also if your only option is to play a game with a friend on one computer you could do that as well. When you click on an empty seat an option could appear that would allow to create a dummy player to sit in that seat. It could even be the test dummy profile.

Just some thoughts. :)

skazlathac

The download link is saying the file was taken down. Please put it up in whatever stage its in. Id like to play around. Thanks.

The way I imagine it, each player has zones, and each game, only one player loads a deck, which has the combination of cards to be used in that game (note ive only seen the base game). For random games, you may have to create a program to randomize the cards and generate either a save file to put them on the table, or a deck file.

These would be the zones, and players would just drag cards from all but the first 3 zones. There are two visions of zones in Lackeyccg. The one at the bottom of the screen, and the one at the right of the screen, so the player who isnt hosting the cards can have his or her hand in one vision and the public cards in the opponents zones in the other vision (if that makes sense).

hand (hidden from other player)
deck (hidden from both players)
discard
copper/silver/gold
Estate/Dutchy/Province
Purchasable card 1/2
Purchasable card 3/4
5/6
7/8
9/10
trash

Cyrus

Sorry about the link being weird, just tried it and it worked for me. Re-uploaded it anyway, so here's a new link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qv49232id14t1d9/Dominion.rar

Let me know if that works. If not I'll have to find another hosting option.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on this after I made it, unfortunately, but I do plan on finishing it up relatively soon.
Good ideas on how to use it though!

r0cknes

Hey Cyrus,

Thanks for the plugin. I love this game!

I hope that you don't mind, but I have taken the liberty to make a start file. Install this file in the Dominion plugin saved folder. When you start a New Game all the Money, Curse, and Victory Cards will be on the table.

Next load a deck with 10 of each 10 Action cards you will have in the game to the Host player.

After you have done that you may start playing or stack the action cards on the table. I have found that if you just place one of each action card on the table it makes it easier to choose the cards, also it helps you see when a stack of cards is gone.

Hope this works for you. Enjoy!

Again, sorry Cyrus if I over stepped my bounds.

http://curtisbaker.webs.com/start.txt