News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Cardfight!! Vanguard plugin

Started by Vylantze, May 29, 2011, 12:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vylantze

Well, decided to do what everyone has been looking forward to: Cardfight!! Vanguard.

Admittedly, the playmat included is terrible, so if anyone can scan a better one, please send me (my scanner has died a thousand deaths).

Plugin: Cardfight!! Vanguard (Vanguard)
Maintainer: Vylantze
Updatelist: http://sites.google.com/site/vylantze/vanguard/updatelist.txt
Homepage: http://sites.google.com/site/vylantze/home

TheBuck

Trevor

Quote from: TheBuck on May 29, 2011, 05:23:28 PM
Is it in English?
The card images aren't, but you can mouse over the cards to see the card text which is in english.

This is possibly the most beautiful CCG I've ever seen. I wish all the card images had english. Reading from the pop up text subtracts somewhat from the overall aesthetics. Do any english cards actually exist?

A custom bot.jpg and phase images would make things look even cooler.

Vylantze

No, they don't, since Vanguard is a new release in Japan as well. Well, how might you do that, might I ask? I never saw anything about phase images in the tutorial. Uh, unless you were referring to Vanguard itself. :/

Trevor

Quote from: Vylantze on May 29, 2011, 06:58:06 PMWell, how might you do that, might I ask? I never saw anything about phase images in the tutorial. Uh, unless you were referring to Vanguard itself. :/
That plugin appears to have 6 phases of the turn. Just include images at
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase1.jpg
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase2.jpg
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase3.jpg
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase4.jpg
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase5.jpg
plugins/vanguard/images/Phase6.jpg

TheBuck

Sucks that I have to read a pop up box. Much like you said it does look pretty and reading from a pop up will take something away. Oh well.

Saethori

Well... as things currently stand, LackeyCCG's Plugin selector offers semi-dynamic Medium/High Quality buttons. With a little tweaking (possibly with a little client modification by Trevor), it could be possible to introduce a whole new two "quality sizes", so the plugin maintainer could simply edit in the translations into the card images (and have no drawbacks, as it'd allow people to select original images or photoshopped translations instead of leaving them stuck with one or the other) and basically allow Japanese-Medium, Japanese-High, English-Medium, English-High.

...Just speculating. >_>

Vylantze

Photoshoping translations onto the cards will actually be pretty hard, particularly if you want to ensure that the art is not affected too badly.

I am actually used to reading from the text like that, but it is irritating because the text blocks the card and keeps me from seeing the card itself to simply admire the art. Is it possible to shift the text to pop-up elsewhere or have a permanent place somewhere else instead?

Also, there are no Phase images provided in any of the official Vanguard stuff, as far as I can find. I am no artist either. If anyone can come up with nice Phase images and send me, I'll gladly add it in with the next update.

Trevor

I don't know much about the japanese language/alphabet. I am not sure the translations would take up a similar amount of space.

Vylantze

Oh no, they won't. Japanese words tend to consist of kanji, which are about the same size as one of our letters. They might use hiragana or katakana to spell out a name or something like that, but, other than that, one can be sure that if one wants to fit in the English translations into a similar space, much compression is needed.

Trevor

If you check the box next to Text below the card image, the text box will be shown permanently.

Vylantze

No, I meant shifting the text box in a location that doesn't block the card.

Trevor

Quote from: Vylantze on June 02, 2011, 08:49:55 AM
No, I meant shifting the text box in a location that doesn't block the card.
Well, it's always going to block some part of the card. I'm not sure obscuring the top or bottom is preferable.

Vylantze

So, you can't relocate it to not obsure any part of the card at all?

Well, the bottom is preferable, cause most of the nice art is on top. Unless, of course, the text is so long that it covers the entire card (which happens a lot in Vanguard).

Trevor

Quote from: Vylantze on June 02, 2011, 09:21:38 AM
So, you can't relocate it to not obsure any part of the card at all?

Oh, you mean like completely not over the picture? Where? I could make an option to have the text box, when it is visible, to instead be drawn at the bottom left corner of the window. As long as people make their windows the right size, that is otherwise unused space.