News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

How do I change card size on game board?

Started by Floww, July 01, 2011, 01:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floww

Whenever I change the size of my hand area, the cards are scaled vertically but not horizontally, which makes them disproportional. I can change the area so that the vertical looks proportional to the horizontal, but then the card ends up being too small, and I don't wan't to move my mouse across my whole hand and look at the card viewer to see each individual card. Is there a way to make it scale both directions? If not, then is there a way to set the horizontal part to be a bit bigger so I can make the vertical part bigger and still have it be proportional?

I took a picture to show you what I mean. I have Blast Away in the card viewer, and that's proportional. But if you look at it in the second card in my hand, it's all stretched out. If I adjust that area, it just becomes bigger horizontally, but not vertically.

Also, when I play a card, it also becomes very wide. no matter how I adjust the board, it still remains wide and just becomes bigger or smaller. How do I make the cards I play proportional?

Here are the two pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/ZkAan.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Aibel.jpg

Thanks!

Saethori

It seems LackeyCCG has difficulty with image proportions.

Maybe we could ask Trevor to include some sort of "lock image proportions" setting, so images scale vertically and horizontally in equal measures.

Trevor

That may be a bug. I will need to investigate. Please send me the plugin.

Saethori

I don't think it's a plugin-based issue, Trevor; I encounter the aforementioned sizing issue in all plugins.

Primarily, it occurs if you load a plugin (which, by default, sets the card frame size of the play area and the deck editor to that of one of the images), but then attempt to resize the card frame in either the play area or deck editor, or resize the two zone viewers on the right-hand side of the play area and above the chat area.

All I'm asking for on this regard is a setting to force aspect ratio for these resizings, so if a card is out of proportion of its frame, then the client would only scale it up/down based on ratio, and leave the rest black. (Optional: A 'diagonal resize' option for the card viewers that can ONLY resize appropriate to ratio.)

Trevor

I think this is caused by people not having a proper cardback.jpg. If this can occur in a plugin that is correct,  I will fix it. Send me a plugin that is properly done, and tell me the steps to replicate this issue. If the issue occurs, I will fix the bug.

Saethori

If what I mentioned is a plugin issue, then it must be a rather pervasive one, since every plugin I have (over half a dozen, including the Pokemon Plugin, and plugins you designed such as Chess and the War3000 example-plugin that comes with the program) suffer from it.

So you can, likely, try it with any plugin. Look at a card in the Deck Editor, resize the card frame (in just height of width), notice how the image becomes squished/stretched. Mouse over a card then off of it, notice how the card snaps to its 'native' image size (covering over other portions of the plugin where actual size exceeds allocated size.)

r0cknes

I do not have this problem with any plugins that I have. They all auto resize for me. I have an xp and vista machine.

Saethori

That's nice, except the topic isn't about pictures not resizing, but rather about them resizing at improper ratios. >_>

r0cknes

They are re-sizing at proper ratios. I am just saying this because there must be a difference in how our machines are working and not necessarily Lackey. However, it could be that Lackey is not programmed to work in your OS properly. What are you guys using?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Saethori

That doesn't quite explain at all what I was explaining. So I'm taking a cue from you to show what it is I mean through pictures. Client used for this example is on Windows 7, but Windows Vista treats it the same way.

Image 1 is the plugin, at its base, right after loading. High quality version, so the pictures show up fairly large on this (desktop) resolution.

Image 2 is right after adjusting the size of the card viewer frame. Note that the picture does NOT adjust its ratio, but rather becomes squished.

Image 3 is after moving the mouse off of a card image in the deck editor. As further experimentation has shown, this causes the card in the deck editor to temporarily match the size of the card viewer frame in the play area (instead of default, as I originally thought).

You might have misunderstood my comments as referring to the zone viewer, rather than the card viewer. o.o

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

The person who sent me the plugin didn't have a cardback.jpg, and that was the cause of his issue.

Regarding pokemon plugin, you can have card images stretch to fit the allotted space or not. Take a look at the appearance preferences.

Saethori

I'm aware of the stretch setting. However, without it, the cards do not adjust in size at all when the frame is adjusted... which is of even less use.

I'm just asking for a second option that forces ratio, is that so wrong? >_>

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on July 03, 2011, 05:55:35 PM
I'm aware of the stretch setting. However, without it, the cards do not adjust in size at all when the frame is adjusted... which is of even less use.

I'm just asking for a second option that forces ratio, is that so wrong? >_>
So, you want it to work like:
If the area is resized to be really skinny and tall, you see a small card image that is as wide as the area, but very short?
AND
If the area is resized to be really wide and short, you see a small card image that is short and very thin?

I could make that the option. I suppose that should be the default option.