Previous topic - Next topic

cap.tiny

Is anybody interested in starting a community driven "organization" to:
1. Teach about the card games
2. Provide Deck Help and other useful things
3. Bring news about the games
4. Provide Leagues to play in
5. to promote Lackey and its awesomeness

I am willing to orchestrate this if a few people are willing to participate in its construction.

Any questions? Any suggestions on what it should be called?

XoVeR

That idea does sound good, I think some people on here like Bob the builder have been trying to do something like that but an actual webpage we can put on the front page with links about what lackey offers games wise, how to play each game, articles on how to deck build, and different said leagues would be pretty cool.   

I think it should actually be in conjuction with the final product of Lackey.

salmonofdoubt

This would end up being a small part of it, but I would love to see a whole section dedicated to explaining how to draft Magic using Lackey in conjunction with other sites. If people knew that service was available, some of them might flock over from MTGO and other inferior programs once they try the interface and realize it is completely free.

XoVeR

Quote from: salmonofdoubt on June 02, 2011, 10:03:08 PM
This would end up being a small part of it, but I would love to see a whole section dedicated to explaining how to draft Magic using Lackey in conjunction with other sites. If people knew that service was available, some of them might flock over from MTGO and other inferior programs once they try the interface and realize it is completely free.

People Draft MTGO because they do not have to do a lot of the work on they're own and they can earn a decent amount of money on MTGO once they earn a decent amout of Event tickets.  I am not much a Fan of MTGO because it is a huge money sink, but I would not call it inferior.

Now Cockatrice, Magic Workstation, and Apprentice I consider all those programs inferior, People play them though because they're are ways to track match results on the programs so leagues and tournies can be held there without fear of people lying about they're records.

salmonofdoubt

Sorry, I didn't mean that MTGO was inferior, my grammar was a little misleading. The main draw of Lackey is that it is the best of the free alternatives to MTGO.

cap.tiny

So I guess i have some of you interested.

The Bob thing was because he didn't take constructive criticism very well and the whole was just going ot be his idea and his idea alone.

I am pushing for a community built and driven "organization" that I would orchestrate.

I am putting myself up for The Spoils tcg (being the spoils ambassador of Dallas/Fort Worth, TX), which is quite fun.

You can suggest something and hopefully either can do it yourself or find someone that can do it.

LETS BUILD THIS TOGETHER SHALL WE

Bob the Builder

Ok.. well for one on MY youtube channel.. it was exactly that, And with the league thing, How many leagues did you see going here on Lackey..None. and if so How many leagues were offering Prize support, and just so you know, all the packs for the winners were coming out of my pocket.. And when you get everybody involved you inevitably have people who dont like what your doing, Ever hear the phrase To many chiefs, not enough indians.So give me a little credit for something

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: Bob the Builder on June 03, 2011, 09:03:48 AM
Ok.. well for one on MY youtube channel.. it was exactly that, And with the league thing, How many leagues did you see going here on Lackey..None. and if so How many leagues were offering Prize support, and just so you know, all the packs for the winners were coming out of my pocket.. And when you get everybody involved you inevitably have people who dont like what your doing, Ever hear the phrase To many chiefs, not enough indians.So give me a little credit for something

Bob, you are egotistical and inconsistent. Tiny described what he envisions to be a community based website designed to do many things, including teaching Lackey users how to play certain games. If I remember correctly, you got upset in this thread (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1099.0) when I assumed the title of your YouTube channel, CCGUniversity, implied that you were going to teach something. You even demanded that the thread be locked in your rage. Now you're saying that your channel is "exactly" what Tiny is describing, teaching and all?

It seems to me that Tiny tried to offer you some suggestions on expanding your channel, just as I did, and you reacted harshly. If you want complete creative control of something, you also have to be responsible for any criticism it might get. If my observations are representative of other Magic players on Lackey, which I think they are, then your channel is going to have a hard time obtaining an audience as it exists now. As I said before, you need to uphold some standards of quality for play and commentary.

Finally, your use of the idiomatic phrase "too many Chiefs, not enough Indians" is incorrect. It is used to describe a situation in which there are too many managers without enough menial workers, generally referring to class divisions in the United States (unless you are implying that people who are helping you, like Tiny, should be treated as menial laborers). Having a community work together, share thoughts, and develop content is not the same thing as having too many managers, because everyone is also doing the menial work in addition to contributing ideas. It seems like you want to be dictator of your YouTube channel right down to getting rid of all dissenters. As history has shown us, that is not a healthy way to create a society or to accomplish most projects.

I will give you credit for personally bribing people with prizes to play in your leagues, though.

Bob the Builder

Ok Mr Salmon sir.Punk ass motherfucker. You really got me pegged dont you , you little bitch. So you THINK people are going to be all hyped to play in a league for nothing.. MTGO has prize support, so lets not EVEN get into the BRIBERY thing. And like i said the name of my channel could have been Cookies and Milk for all you know, i dont give a FLYING FUCK, what you or ANYONE else, here thinks.. Yea, im probably going to get banned.. But you know what, when i do, im going to do MY DAMNDEST, to destroy Lackey. So fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.. Im out

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: Bob the Builder on June 03, 2011, 09:41:51 AM
Ok Mr Salmon sir.Punk ass motherfucker. You really got me pegged dont you , you little bitch. So you THINK people are going to be all hyped to play in a league for nothing.. MTGO has prize support, so lets not EVEN get into the BRIBERY thing. And like i said the name of my channel could have been Cookies and Milk for all you know, i dont give a FLYING FUCK, what you or ANYONE else, here thinks.. Yea, im probably going to get banned.. But you know what, when i do, im going to do MY DAMNDEST, to destroy Lackey. So fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.. Im out

Holy cow, calm down. I apologize for my use of sarcasm regarding the bribery, that was going too far. However, I stand by the rest of my statements; if you don't care what anyone thinks about your channel, who are you making it for? Yourself?

I really hope you aren't serious about destroying Lackey just because someone offered you suggestions for improvement. That would be absurd.

TheBuck

Don't bother trying to reason with him. Best thing you can do is just ignore him. He clearly can't see past his own nose. If he would just listen to people he would have more than just 7 subscribers and 438 total chan views. What's really funny is that he once called me a "sad individual" in a private msg (still have the msg saved so I do have proof) and this is how he's acting. How am I or anyone else spouse to take him seriously? I think this thread will be locked by the end of the day.

As for the OP, those are good ideas and website will really help you out. I know I would like to learn to play more than just MTG. Good luck to ya.

cap.tiny

:o Whoa, ok, Lets get off the "Bob Thing" now, its over and done with.
If this thread gets locked I will start a new one. Ok, so we have the vision, check.
Now we need; a name, and who will be doing what?

As for prize support, this may come at a later time as will the actual league play.

Any takers on any projects? Any suggestions on names?

B-Dogg

I'd be up for teaching people how to play M:tG and how to draft using the various websites.  I'd also be willing to set up and maintain tourney activities, records, etc., although I will not be able to offer any help towards prizes.

cap.tiny

Alright Banksy, Thank you. As for prize support I am currently looking for a job just to pull in some extra "play cash" and I might be able to do it when we actually start playing. Also when I get the site up and running for this thing I will put a donation box up to go towards prize support.

XoVeR

What we would need is someone to write an article on Etiquette on lackey.  Some people are so impatient on lackey and if they have to wait longer than 2 seconds for they're opponent to make a move, they start typing Go ahead, go ahead.  I am a fast player, but that is extremely annoying.

What kind of articles can we write about on the weekly
Obviously articles about different games
Obviously articles about how to play certain decks
Articles teaching about the basic use of Lackey and how to customize.

The lists are endless.