News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Leagues and stuff

Started by cap.tiny, June 02, 2011, 02:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap.tiny

yes the list is endless  ;D but that is a good thing. "Online Play Etiquette" would be a great article or series of articles. Basically Xover I am just trying to see who wants to do what? My main "job" for this is to orchestrate and "manage" this project. If you have an idea for something the best thing would be to "make" that "piece" of this project yourself. With every one helping this could be the best thing in TCGs on the web, lol then we could turn it into our careers, but that is just a possible dream. Lets just focus on having fun and making this project happen.

Alright guys we still need a name. Also any suggestions on where we could build the website for free?

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

TheBuck

I know we have an ignore button but I still think there should be a list of say unfriendly players on lack. It would serve as a warning to all others that they may be in for a bad time playing with player X.

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: TheBuck on June 04, 2011, 06:17:15 AM
I know we have an ignore button but I still think there should be a list of say unfriendly players on lack. It would serve as a warning to all others that they may be in for a bad time playing with player X.

I disagree. Just as Trevor was explaining in the last thread, everyone will have a different reason for disliking a certain player, and everyone may not agree. At what point does a player get put on the "black list?" How can we know if a witness to bad behavior is telling the truth, and not just being vindictive? What if a player legitimately changes their attitude after a while, and they don't know how to get taken off the black list? Basically, the ignore button should be sufficient to keep players everyone dislikes from joining their games. Additionally, I saw that Trevor is developing a feature that allows people to rate other players, which will be a much more accurate way of informing people about how many bad experiences that player caused.

cap.tiny

I think ya'll posted on the wrong thread  ???

TheBuck

Sorry salmonofdoubt but i think both you and Trevor are wrong on this one. And I'm not talking about a black list. I'm talking about a warning list. A list where people can go and see what others think of other players.It doesn't have to be detailed it could just have the names of players and others should watch out for.  It should be updated weekly. I know for one I would love a list like that so I wouldn't be wasting my time playing with someone who could very well be a dick. Also it could be the kick the pants that players need. If they know they would be put on point it may make them think twice before they dick around to me.

B-Dogg

These posts are still in the wrong thread.

cap.tiny

??? oooook come one guys no matter how bad some people  are there shouldnt be a "black list" that just aint right. im with trevor if you have a problems with some body then ignore them and tell friends. now lets get back to building this

XoVeR

There is nothing wrong with a player rating system kind of how Yelp works.  If the player is super cool to play with higher rating, and people can leave feedback.  They're is ways to filter out bias reviews and ratings.  I am completely for something like that because I hardly play against the same person twice, but one time playing with an ass hat is enough.  I think Trevor was talking about something like this is in the final version of lackey.

Or we can do like Conley woods, video tape a Draft match against a complete and utter douche on Magic the Gathering Online, repeat what the dude said, then broadcast his name over a site that gets tons, and tons of hits online, so everybody and they're mama's knows about so they can be prepared for the idiocy that gets sputtered from the dude's mouth.

cap.tiny

alright if some one can come up with a non-bias rating system this would be fine.  any takers on developing this? would be awesome to put one the site. at least to show the great player to play with

salmonofdoubt

Quote from: cap.tiny on June 05, 2011, 02:13:09 AM
alright if some one can come up with a non-bias rating system this would be fine.  any takers on developing this? would be awesome to put one the site. at least to show the great player to play with

In any case, having a list of "Polite Players" or something would be much more constructive than having a list of obnoxious players. Not only would it encourage people to be nicer in order to get on the list, but it would be positive exclusion instead of publicly humiliating players who may have had a bad day. I still like the idea of waiting for Trevor to update Lackey with the player rating system better than having a list on this website, especially because we would need to develop some criteria for getting on said list which someone would need to be in charge of.

cap.tiny

alright whats next guys? any pokemon players here? yugioh? wow? etc.? need volunteers for the other games as well

Bob the Builder

just love how you guys cant even get your shit on topic..to fucking funny if you ask me

cap.tiny

Bob please, you are someone good to play with and respectful during a game but do you really have to troll this thread? Like any great idea and organization there must alot of brainstorming before the actual organizing. If something is built quickly it will fall quickly. Wouldn't want to fly in a plane before the engine gets built would ya?

I think its coming along great.

Most of it is actually on topic, "things to have in the organization"

salmonofdoubt

cap.tiny, I would recommend having an IRC chat with people who would be dedicated to helping you with this. Ask what times people would be available, and then you can have a list of topics to cover in real time. Take notes, and post the results of the conversation here. As it is, the discussion is too slow over a series of forum posts, and realistically you won't be able to get people to commit to things.

Bob the Builder

translation.. lackey is to fucking lame, and the people on it to scatter brained to get anything resembling cooperation on a common goal..