News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Settlers of Catan

Started by r0cknes, June 04, 2011, 09:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cknes

Hey Trevor,

I love Lackey, and I love the fact that you want to make it work for Table top Games as well. Just a suggestion. Settlers is not my favorite game by any stretch of the imagination, but I was thinking if you could make that game work in Lackey, you could make it work for anything. (Within reason of course.)

My reasoning:
1. The pieces are Hex. Many Table top games use hex blocks for movement purposes. I believe that you can do this now actually now that you have updated Lackey with the card scaling and grid stuff. And forget about being able to move the board pieces around. Although that would be a useful feature for future games, if someone wants a new map for settlers they can make one in MS Paint. :)

2. They use of a card pool. I know there are loop holes around this, but it would just be much more simple if you had a "Card pool player" that was automatically there at the start of a game. The way I understand it works now, it requires you to have three Lackeys running to play a 2 player game. A Ghost player that does not need a Lackey to be running would fix that. That puts a damper on play testing new plugins that you are Creating. Maybe it would be something a plugin creator would have to write in the plugin info text file.

3.The use of cards and pieces. This is probably the least important of the reasons. In settlers there is a piece that moves around the board. I see that you started allowing transparent png which will allow for pieces on the board. That is awesome!

Let me know what you guys think.

cap.tiny

Settlers of Catan would be awesome

Cyrus

I think this is definitely the wrong forum for this thread, but I'd love to play some catan over lackey

r0cknes

Sorry about that. I didn't realize I was on this forum. :)

Dragoon

Wrong forum, but awesome idea. I support it