News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Issues with my plugin

Started by Azlinea, June 07, 2011, 08:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlinea

So I went through the tutorial yesterday and thought I had finished the lotr lcg plugin but apparently it doesn't want to give up any card data. I can see the different zones, starting player resources, columns in the deck editor and even the pack info I created its just that there are no cards in the deck editor. I could use some help on what to check to see if I missed something along the way.

I'm also going to upload the zip file for the folder so hopefully that helps someone else help me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P0SQUVJK

Edit: Try that one. I also attached the plugininfo, setlist and carddata-equivalent file that way those can be looked at even if megaupload continues to not work.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AdLit

If you can, please repost the file; The site says it's unavailable.

Azlinea

I reuploaded it and changed the link in the first post, also put up some of the text files in the hopes that the issue(s) are simply within those files.

Trevor

I'm posting a much easier to use plugin format really soon, but to answer your question, you don't need the numbers before the list.

PLAYERSTAT0:"Threat"   0
PLAYERSTAT1:"Victory Points"   0
PLAYERSTAT2:"Final Score"   0

You don't need the 3. You are confusing the oldest plugin format (which requires the 3) with the newer one (which doesn't but uses the number stats).

I'm making a tutorial for the new format, but to give you a quick example of what it looks like, here is a plugininfo.txt with the new format.
Quote<plugin>

<globalstat><label>Chaos</label></globalstat>
<globalstat><label>Plague</label><initialvalue>10</initialvalue></globalstat>

<playerstat><label>Health</label><initialvalue>20</initialvalue></playerstat>
<playerstat><label>Energy</label></playerstat>

<deckzone><label>Deck</label><gamezonetoloadto>Deck</gamezonetoloadto><shuffle>yes</shuffle></deckzone>
<deckzone><label>Starting</label><gamezonetoloadto>Starting</gamezonetoloadto></deckzone>

<gamezone><label>Hand</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Deck</label></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Discard</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner><visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Removed</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner><visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers></gamezone>
<gamezone><label>Starting</label><visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner></gamezone>

<phase><label>Ready</label></phase>
<phase><label>Upkeep</label></phase>
<phase><label>Draw</label></phase>
<phase><label>Action</label></phase>
<phase><label>Combat</label></phase>
<phase><label>Discard</label></phase>
<phase><label>End</label></phase>

<generalfunction><label>Ready All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Draw</label><kind>DRAWCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Previous Phase</label><kind>PREVIOUSPHASE</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Next Phase</label><kind>NEXTPHASE</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction>
   <label>Deplete Deck</label><kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner><sourcegamezone>Deck</sourcegamezone><sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
   <destinationowner>performer</destinationowner><destinationgamezone>Discard</destinationgamezone><destinationposition>top</destinationposition>
</generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Roll</label><kind>ROLLD6</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Spawn Card</label><kind>SPAWNCARD</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Roll D20</label><kind>ROLLD20</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Spend All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT90DEGREES</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Previous Turn</label><kind>PREVIOUSTURN</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Next Turn</label><kind>NEXTTURN</kind></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Flip Coin</label><kind>FLIPCOIN</kind></generalfunction>

<cardfunction><label>Ready</label><kind>MAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Spend</label><kind>MAKERIGHT90DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Green-1</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTER</kind><color>green</color><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Green+1</label><kind>ADDCOUNTER</kind><color>green</color><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.75</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Red-1</label><kind>REMOVECOUNTER</kind><color>red</color><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Red+1</label><kind>ADDCOUNTER</kind><color>red</color><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.5</PositionX><PositionY>.04</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Edit Note</label><kind>EDITNOTE</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton><PositionX>.4</PositionX><PositionY>.95</PositionY></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Turn Over</label><kind>TURNOVER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Doesn't Turn</label><kind>TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY</kind></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Take Control</label><kind>CHANGEOWNER</kind></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Clear</label><kind>CLEARCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

<definition><kind>ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE</kind><value>yes</value></definition>
<definition><kind>ISALLOWINGMULTIPLECARDBACKS</kind><value>yes</value></definition>
<definition><kind>NUMDIGITSINSTAT</kind><value>6</value></definition>

</plugin>

Azlinea

I took out the numbers but still having the same issue with the cards not showing up in the deck editor.

The xml looks good, can't wait for that.

Azlinea

Ok so I have a question after look at the magic card data file again, there is a blank box in between what should be line breaks so how do I get those and what are they actually supposed to be?

Saethori

Not entirely sure what you mean.

The card data files are tab-delimited text files; that means every field is separated by tabs, so Lackey knows when to go from one tab to another. Most spreadsheet programs have some way of loading and saving these files.

Sometimes there are multiple tabs between fields; this is generally for 'skipping' fields. Not all cards require all of the same fields, for example creature/monster cards usually have fields to depict their strength in comparison to others, but spells/magic effects lack these so the Tab Delimited file skips over them.

I highly suggest working with some sort of spreadsheet program, instead of Notepad or Wordpad. It'll make it a lot easier to tell if you have some sort of error with the card data.

Azlinea

I was working with LibreOffice Calc when I was doing my card data, I just copied out of there (which was a suggestion in the tutorial) after I finished since the tab delimited feature adds quotes around it and I have no way of turning that off.

What I was actually talking about was the magic card data file. While looking at it in its text file format after the first line that names all the different fields there is a blank rectangle character, like what you see when you don't have the japanese language loaded for your browser when trying to look at japanese characters, and then after the rectangle the first card starts. I was curious if that was required, somehow, and if so how to do it.

I'm a bit at a loss here because I suspect it has to do with the card data file but without some sort of debugging tool I don't know what to fix where.