News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

im new plz help

Started by chrisl89, June 16, 2011, 08:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisl89

hey thanks for readin this. im new i just downloaded lackey and the videos on site are old apparently because they dont match the actual program that i downloaded from site.....thus i have no idea how to download a magic plugin...there isnt a list for plugins anywhere....only ones that i have currently installed. but there isnt a way to look at plugins that the finder has found for me....any help would be great

chrisl89

i keep gettin error cant find local updatelist.txt when i try to install the magic plugin http://www.angelfire.com/funky/magiclackey/medium/updatelist.txt
the medium or high....if this is the wrong one can u tell me the one i need to put in?

r0cknes

How are you trying to install it? I am not trying to say that you don't know what you are doing, but installing plugins took some thought when I first did it. So just explain to us in detail how you are trying to install it. :)

chrisl89

i am pasting the above url that i posted before in the area that says "install or update from url in the preference tab....and dont feel bad by making me feel like i dont know what im doing.....i really dont llol im completely lost

chrisl89

clickin the plugin finder thing doesnt do anything for me. doesnt make any plugins available for download at least anywhere i can see. so i paste that url in the blank next to "install or update from url" and click on it and it gives me the error message

r0cknes

Well, that is how you do it. I am not a magic player, but I know that link is not broken. I also tried to install the plugin and it worked for me. So, I am lost at the moment. Give it a shot again. Maybe the file hosting server was down for a moment. You said you installed other plugins right?

chrisl89

no this is the first one i have tried magic is only card game i play but everyone has told me this is the right plugin i need to download

chrisl89

still giving me error messages too

r0cknes

I am thinking you have a windows firewall or router firewall blocking you. I am guessing windows is more likely.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=740.0

Try following that link. I know you are not trying to host a non proxy server game, but you may have a windows firewall blocking lackey access to the internet.

Also, try to log into the server. If you can't do that then you do have a problem.

If you are using a mac then I am the last person to ask... :)

chrisl89

still aint workin. if anyone has an idea of why im getting that error message plz let me know

GnKoichi

Chris, the more information you provide, the more we'll be able to help you. I would recommend giving us a clear step by step process of everything you do from launching lackey to the point you see the error, attaching a screenshot of the error itself, and providing any information you can about your computer setup (what version of windows, how you're connected to the internet, what your firewall settings are, etc).

chrisl89

lets see....im on windows 7 (PC) on wireless connection (i read on a forum somewhere u use same ports as wow or something i play wow and ports are open for it) and i disabled my firewalls (use norton 360) i downloaded lackey and went straight to preferences tab, then plugin tab, then using the alternative to plugin finder (since plugin finger for me does nothing for some reason unless theres something im not seeing.) i add in in the blank "http://www.angelfire.com/funky/magiclackey/medium/updatelist.txt" then click on "install or update from URL" i do that and then everytime i get an error message saying "ERROR!!: cant find local updatelist.txt"

r0cknes

WoW does not use the same ports as lackeyCCG. Lackey uses Ports 25710 and 25711. Make sure those ports are open, and you have an exception on your windows firewall for lackey to access the internet.

chrisl89

o ok well i cant get on router at this time....i dont have access to open ports. but ill give it a try later when i can get on...and the firewall is turned off so if thats only problems that would stop me from gettin on i guess its just the ports

r0cknes

I don't run Windows 7, but if it has an option to run as administrator you should try that too. I wish you the best of luck!