News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New CCG made by Me

Started by r0cknes, June 25, 2011, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cknes

I will post the rules to the game in the near future but I would really like you opinions on the card design first. The icon on the top left is the set icon. The icon on the top right is the battle attribute. I think it looks nice, but I am kid of new to this design thing so I could use some help.

P.S. I know I messed up on cropping Gordon Freeman, but I am more worried about the actual card for right now. And if anyone has a nice looking hand cost icon I could use one.

I just noticed that I am missing the name of the card lol!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Saethori

I have to say, I 'might' have suspected you were going to design something like this. ^.~

The set symbol doesn't need to be so prominent. I'd put the name up there in the top-left corner, and stash the set icon as a semi-watermark in the bottom-right corner of the text box. The two bottom values don't stand out well where they are, and should probably be moved further down and given boxes or icons of their own.

The rest of the design looks great, though, even though I don't know the source material all that well.
(Sorry I can't really draw an example of what I mean; my specialty is more in text entry than graphics design. x.x)

Wisp

looks like the naruto engine

r0cknes

Very similar to naruto but there are some changes. I am still working on the battle system so that may change. Namely I am thinking that you may or may not place equipment on a character before "battle." However "strategy" cards will be played during the "battle" to change the possibly change the result of the battle. I know that is how the battle system will work. The problem is I don't know whether or how I should limit the use of some strategies. I know some strategies will not be able to be used unless a certain weapon is attached, but is that enough of a restriction. I will be out of town for a week or so, but when I return I will post a draft rule book and see what you guys think. I will say that if you have played Naruto ccg then you will have no problem learning this game.

If you don't like Naruto ccg because of some mechanic flaws then let me know what they are, and I will see if there is a way around them.

spartan116chris

hmmm interesting...this makes me want to design a CCG of my own. i always wanted to make a final fantasy card game

cap.tiny

cant wait to see this half life game and a final fantasy game would be cool too

r0cknes

I am back in town for a week so I will be working on this and posting some more cards. I am really excited to see some people interested in this game.

I am going to explain the Character cards a little at the moment. I Character is a card that you send out to battle. (I need a better word for battle.) You can not have two character cards with the same name in play. You may only have three of the same named character in your deck. Each Character has an attack and support number on the bottom right of the card. The attack number is first. The leaser card uses that number for their power. The rest of the characters on the team use the support number. You add those numbers together to get the teams total power. If a character is injured you turn him sideways and use the numbers on the right side of the card. On the top right corner of the card is the character's fighting specialty. Here is a list of possible specialties.

Science
Weapon
Alien
Security
Military

**Let me ask you guys for some help though. I am really really really really bad with icons. I need icons for these specialties. Can anyone help me?***

Here is where the game will get really interesting I believe. A character - Support card does everything a character card does, except you may have as many with the same name in you deck and in play as you want. This will allow for a team of head crabs to face off with Gordon freeman or Barney. The Character Support cards will be limited with the equipment that will be useful to them.

Here is a list of future and current sets That I will be working on.

Half-Life
Team Fortress Classic (The hunted will be a character! YES!) lol
Opposing Force
Blue Shift (I may or may not do this one because there is not much different from this and half-life.)
Half-life 2
Team Fortress 2 (I may need to make more than one set of this because there is so much.)
Portal
Episode 1
Episode 2
Portal 2
Half-Life 3 (This is a joke because we all know they will never finish it.) lol

I was originally thinking that the specialties would just limit the equipment that could be used, however I am now thinking that each specialty will allow a character to do some things that would not otherwise be allowed. Life for example: If a card had a security specialty, even if it was not the leader it could take the injury instead of the leader. A weapon specialty will give you +1/+1 if a weapon is equipped. Let me know what you guys think of these ideas. And PLEASE HELP WITH ICONS!!!

P.S. Final fantasy is a great idea. I was thinking of doing one, but I chose this one instead. I would only suggest that you include other rpgs as well. For example, the best of all time, Chrono Trigger! I wasn't sure how to do the leveling up in a card game so that is why i havn't worked on it. I think that would have to be in the game in same way. Let me know when you get started I will try to lend you a hand.

Dabem

easy peasy. I'm totally an iconophile.
Science should clearly be the atomic symbol
Weapon is obviously a gun
Alien should be roswell style alien image. You know the huge foreheads and pointy faces.
Security should be a pair of handcuffs
Millitary should be a set of military stripes

I don't have the time to make the images now, but if you'd like I can see what I can throw together sometime later this week.

r0cknes

That would be great. I have slowed down, because of work, but I am making cards right now and trying to work out some rule kinks at the moment. I will update soon...