Loading Multiple, Individual Decks in the Deck Editor

Started by Bootylactin, July 18, 2011, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bootylactin

Hello all, first time poster here...

First thanks and props to Trevor for creating this incredible tool!

Secondly, I'm working on a plugin for Fantasy Flight Game's Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, which is part of their Living Card Game line.  There is a unique challenge with this particular game, as it is co-operative and there are two additional decks controlled by the game itself.  So in addition to each player's deck, there is also a game-controlled Quest and Encounter deck.  Now to my problem...

There are 3 unique scenarios included with the Core Set.  Each of these scenarios uses a different set of quest and encounter cards.  Currently in my plugin, I have the following zones defined:

SUPERZONE0:"Player Deck"   0   0
SUPERZONE1:"Heroes"   1   1
SUPERZONE2:"Encounter Deck"   0   0
SUPERZONE3:"Quest Deck"   1   1

One (and only one) player needs to load the proper Quest and Encounter decks to use for each of the 3 scenarios included with the game.  The problem here is that they also need to load their own personal deck and heroes.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to load in a set of player cards and heroes individually, and then load a quest and the necessary encounter cards from pre-saved Quest/Encounter decks IN ADDITION.  Unfortunately I don't think this is possible at the moment, because the moment you load another "deck", it completely REPLACES anything previously loaded.  So I have to build my player deck, and then individually load the quest and encounter cards each time I want to play a different scenario.  This is tedious!

Another idea I had would be to just load the Quest/Encounter deck to a Dummy player.  This works fine in single-player, but I haven't figured out a way to add a Dummy to a hosted game.  Is this possible?

Do you folks with more experience have any other ideas on how I could accomplish this in an easier fashion?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Trevor

There are a number of ways to do this, but none are a great way at the moment. I am going to implement truly shared decks very soon.

One thing you can do is revert to an autosaved game with the start.txt definition.

Maybe you could talk to me on AIM and we can come up with a way to make things work.

Bootylactin

Trevor, my AIM is DigitDevelopment, but I'm away from my PC at the moment. I'll send you a friend request when I get on later tonight, thanks!