News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

The shadowfist plugin seems to be down

Started by Wisp, July 18, 2011, 07:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisp

Can't update from the url, anyone know what the problem is?

ScoobyDoofus

I'd love to play Shadowfist as well. I was able to download the plugin manually, but when I select the plugin in "browse installed plugins" for some reason the "choose" and  "delete selected item" are greyed out. Any help getting this going would be much appreciated.

It only does this with Shadowfist so far. I've tried other plugins and they all work and install fine. I dont understand also why I've forced to update online or something, when I've downloaded a zip...? what am I doing wrong?

Trevor

probably broken links. Lackey won't let you load a plugin if it is broken enough, and this includes missing the card back image.

ScoobyDoofus

Hrm...What a shame. Playing Shadowfist is the only reason I downloaded LackeyCCG!   :-\

I dont suppose there is any way I could just upload/host the .zip I found and somebody can tell me what its missing?
Or maybe give me some troubleshooting steps to track down the fix?

I reckon I could acquire the remaining art and complete the plugin, if its unfinished.

I went through all this recently to get the plugin working for my friends and I.

If you're looking for it, the plugin was zipped and is currently stored at http://progsoc.org/~curious/software/lackey/shadowfist.zip

Not everything is in the right place though, and the plugininfo.txt says it's version 0.9 - we had some problems with Lackey crashing trying to use it.  I've written a new plugininfo.txt with the current XML format and it seems to work fine.

A few things you need to do:
Go into the LackeyCCG\plugins\shadowfist directory.  Go into images\medium.  Copy or move all of those images to a new directory: LackeyCCG\plugins\shadowfist\sets\setimages\general.  You'll have to create that directory first.  Unfortunately this leaves all of the image files in one directory, instead of nicely separated by expansion.  It still works though.

Replace the LackeyCCG\plugins\shadowfist\plugininfo.txt file with the attached version.

Edit LackeyCCG\plugins\shadowfist\sets\setinfo.txt.  You need to change the word "Edition" on the first line to "Rarity", so it matches the plugininfo file.  When I tried doing this with notepad on Windows I had issues, so you might need to use another text editor.  Wordpad seems to do the job fine.  I'd attach a corrected version, but the file is over 600kb - well beyond the attachment limit for the forum.

Let me know if you have problems; I might have forgotten something.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Wisp

INWO911

Ok, I followed 31415's advice and got the plugin to load.
Unfortunately, my setinfo file was improperly formatted and required a great deal of work to load in Lackey.
It also seems that I am missing images for 6 cards, and short duplicate images for a few others.
So, aside from the missing images, the plugin is now working flawlessly.
I am not sure how to host it online, but if anyone is interested, I can email my copy of the file.