News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Playing Field Goes Gray

Started by Mindslip, July 19, 2011, 10:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindslip

Heya. Whenever I try to move cards about in MtG, the playing field shows up as a gray grid for as long as I'm holding the card -- the background disappears. When I drop the card, the background reappears. I'm running Lackey under Wine on Linux Mint 10, sys specs are [insert rather crappy crappiness here].

Thanks in advance for your help, folks! This problem doesn't really impede functionality, but is very distracting.

EDIT: I forgot to also mention (or rather didn't notice) that the card overview section goes black and all profile picture images turn gray when I pick up a card, also. It all returns once I drop it.

Trevor

There are various settings for slower computers to make the graphics less choppy. You are witnessing one of them. Check out the performance related preferences in the appearence preferences.

Mindslip

Thanks much. Simple problem, simple answer. I thought I had scoured the appearance tab through and through, but somehow I missed that little "use images during motion" box! Now everything works like a dream.

Cheers!

Trevor

If you have a good computer, i.e., not a crappy computer, you should be able to just click the "High" preset button, and it will use the best settings.

Actually, with people who report poor performance, it's usually a software issue where they don't have an updated driver for example.

Mindslip

Mmm, well, the old box I'm running this on uses an on-board Nvidia GeForce 6150...

... rock on, right? I'm sure that qualifies as "crappy". ;) I still haven't had any trouble other than that preference setting, though. So all good.