I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 07-30-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, July 22, 2011, 03:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

One of the major new things in this version is a new plugin format every plugin maker should switch to. The old plugin format will still work, but the new plugin format is far more powerful, easy to use and learn, and "idiot proof".
Also, there is fairly comprehensive tutorial for plugin creation now. Plugin makers, check out:
http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html

It's not quite done, but one of the new things soon to be added with the new plugin format is the oft requested truly shared decks. Previously, people tried to fake the functionality. As soon as I'm done, you will be able to have both decks belonging to players, and decks that are considered shared.

I fixed a number of bugs and added some stuff. I'll post more soon.

Bugs fixed include:
1. Card names and picture names and tokens should now appear at the correct orientations based on where you are, what card it is, and what your preferences are.
2. On macs, text-to-speech can now be toggled with the checkbox above the stats.
3. Right-clicking the "+" buttons now correctly adds the value in the field. The other stat buttons are also fixed.
4. Fixed a crash that would happen when using "Load avatar from URL" button.
5. Fixed an issue where the names of cards with unique card backs were revealed when they shouldn't be.
and many others.

If you reported a bug previously, please test to see if it still persists in this version.

EDIT: I fixed the few bugs people had reported since yesterday.

EDIT: Another thing I added was the ability to send clickable URL links in the game chat. Someone requested this for sending links to rules answers.

I'll post more info later...

EDIT: I posted a new version July 30.

Tyril132

Keep up the great work, Trevor!

But... you must be pretty beat after pushing a release this late at night. I think you've earned some sleep.

Bootylactin

Quote from: Trevor on July 22, 2011, 03:19:38 AM
5. Fixed an issue where the names of cards with unique card backs were revealed when they shouldn't be.
Confirmed this is fixed, thanks!

Bootylactin

In the process of converting my plugin to the new xml format.  I don't believe the <gamezonetoloadto> is working.  Here are the relevant definitions from my plugininfo.txt:
<deckzone>
     <label>Player Deck</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Player Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>
<deckzone>
     <label>Heroes</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Heroes</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>no</shuffle>
</deckzone>
<deckzone>
     <label>Encounter Deck</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Encounter Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>
<deckzone>
     <label>Quest Deck</label>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Quest Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>no</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
     <label>Hand</label>
     <visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
     <visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Player Deck</label>
     <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Player Discard</label>
     <visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Heroes</label>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Encounter Discard</label>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Quest Deck</label>
</gamezone>
<gamezone>
     <label>Removed</label>
</gamezone>
In summary:
Deck Zones: Player Deck, Heroes, Encounter Deck, Quest Deck
Game Zones: Hand, Player Deck, Player Discard, Heroes, Encounter Deck, Encounter Discard, Quest Deck, Removed

In the deck editor, I correctly see Player Deck, Heroes, Encounter Deck, and Quest Deck.  On the game screen, I correctly see Hand, Player Deck, Player Discard, Heroes, Encounter Deck, Encounter Discard, Quest Deck, and Removed.  However, when I load a deck to myself, the following happens:

Deck Zone|Game Zone
Hand
Player Deck->Player Deck
Player Discard
Heroes
Encounter Deck
Heroes->Encounter Discard
Encounter Deck->Quest Deck
Quest Deck->Removed

Regardless of the values I place inside <gamezonetoloadto>, the 3 deck zones that follow the Player Deck always load in the last 3 game zone slots.  I've shuffled zones around, and removed zones, added zones, and no matter what they always load in the last 3 slots.

Tyril132

There seems to be an issue when using the filters "name" or "set" to filter cards in your card pool. When filtering the list of all cards registered in the plugin, these conditions work normally. When filtering your card pool by these conditions, however, they seem to stop functioning properly.

The "name" filter appears to be dead entirely. No conditions seem to work. The "set" filter appears to be functioning like the name filter.

I thought this might have been a problem with a definition in the plugin, but have been able to duplicate the issue testing it across the Magic, WoW and Pokemon plugins. I snapped a few screenshots of the magic plugin to demonstrate it in action.

Card pool with no filters set.

Card pool with name filter. The card "Sleep" has disappeared.

Card pool with set filter. There's our missing card. Of course, there's no set that actually contains "sleep."

Another screenshot of the the card pool with no filters active. Note the sets on the cards.

Card pool with set filter again. All three of these cards names contain "comm" in them, but none of the cards from the "commander" set in the screen shot above are listed. That 2/3 of the cards in this shot are from the command tower seems to be a coincidence since the card names contain the filtered requirement.

Trevor

Bootylactin, I'm fixing the issue....

Remember that a lot of stuff can and should revert to default values. For example, if you have
Quote<deckzone>
     <gamezonetoloadto>Encounter Deck</gamezonetoloadto>
     <shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>
If the gamezonetoloadto value is the same name as the deck zone's label, you can omit that part. It doesn't hurt anything to have it, but it's redundant. There is something to be said for stating it explicitly though, as far as clarity goes.

But that shouldn't be the reason things aren't working. I will need to take a look at the whole plugin to debug. It's possible there is a bug in my code. It's possible you are making a mistake. If its the former, I will fix it. If the latter, I will find a more clear way of doing things so people don't make the mistake again.

EDIT: There was a bug in my code. I'll post the fixed new version tomorrow. Your current plugininfo syntax is correct, it it will work with the new version as you would expect.

Trevor

Tyril132, I fixed the card pool filter now and I will post the fix tomorrow.

Trevor

Since there were just a few minor bug fixes, I posted a new version and will still use this thread for additional bug reports.

TookieWilliams

Hey Trevor the 07-23-11 update seems to have broken the sideboard, when loading a deck it doesn't load the sideboard.
Kid Dynamite

Trevor

Quote from: TookieWilliams on July 23, 2011, 04:18:47 AM
Hey Trevor the 07-23-11 update seems to have broken the sideboard, when loading a deck it doesn't load the sideboard.
Kid Dynamite
Blame Bootylactin. The fix I did based on his bug report, caused this new bug.

I just fixed it. If you downloaded before 6:05AM EST this morning, you will need to redownload it.

foolfromhell

Hey, I've been getting crashes every few minutes with Lackey since the update before this one. The most recent update, 7/23/2011, didn't fix it. I'm not sure where to proceed when diagnosing the issue.

It happens when I play games online, the last two times there have been crashes happened when others players have sent a message to me in-game.

Trevor

Quote from: foolfromhell on July 23, 2011, 04:56:40 PM
Hey, I've been getting crashes every few minutes with Lackey since the update before this one. The most recent update, 7/23/2011, didn't fix it. I'm not sure where to proceed when diagnosing the issue.

It happens when I play games online, the last two times there have been crashes happened when others players have sent a message to me in-game.
Try to replicate it if you can.

foolfromhell

Hey, I think its happening when someone with an Avatar joins the game.

Trevor

Quote from: foolfromhell on July 23, 2011, 06:17:01 PM
Hey, I think its happening when someone with an Avatar joins the game.
Doesn't everyone have an avatar?

You using the windows version?

Dr. Zaj

My lackey is in full screen. Like, no border full screen. there's no x, -, and + buttons at the top of the screen.