I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 07-30-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, July 22, 2011, 03:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Dr. Zaj on July 25, 2011, 02:44:36 PM
My lackey is in full screen. Like, no border full screen. there's no x, -, and + buttons at the top of the screen.
In the main menu, you can toggle full screen.

Trevor

I just posted a new version of Lackey, 6/26/11, that fixes some bugs reported in this thread.

Bootylactin

TRANSFERCARD functions still appear to not be working.  Where as before, the following definitions would generate buttons within the interface that did nothing when clicked, with the current version no buttons are generated at all:
<generalfunction>
   <label>Draw Encounter</label>
   <kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Encounter Deck</sourcegamezone>
   <sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
   <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>
   <destinationposition>faceup</destinationposition>
   <includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>
<generalfunction>
   <label>Draw Shadow</label>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Encounter Deck</sourcegamezone>
   <sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
   <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>
   <destinationposition>facedown</destinationposition>
</generalfunction>

Trevor

Bootylactin, I just fixed the bugs related those those. The destination of the table was bugged. I'll post a new version soon.

Nava

Just a short one: The "old" pluginfinfo.txt format allowed you to define the columns of your datafile and their visibility. Is this functionality still somewhere buried or does Lackey automatically assume that ImageFile has to be invisible?

Nava

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on July 27, 2011, 06:15:04 AM
Just a short one: The "old" pluginfinfo.txt format allowed you to define the columns of your datafile and their visibility. Is this functionality still somewhere buried or does Lackey automatically assume that ImageFile has to be invisible?

Nava
It has to be invisible. The columns that appear in the deck editor are to help you search for a particular value. You wouldn't want to be searching for a card based on the name used for its image file. If you happen to include useful information in how you name the image files, that's great, but you should include that information properly in its own column if you want it to appear in the deck editor. If you want to search for a card by its number, you don't want them searching the "Image File" column, you want them to do a search for "Number".

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on July 27, 2011, 07:00:14 AM
It has to be invisible. The columns that appear in the deck editor are to help you search for a particular value. You wouldn't want to be searching for a card based on the name used for its image file. If you happen to include useful information in how you name the image files, that's great, but you should include that information properly in its own column if you want it to appear in the deck editor. If you want to search for a card by its number, you don't want them searching the "Image File" column, you want them to do a search for "Number".

Thanks, but is there any possibility to make other columns invisible?
Assuming that you have special formats (lots of bans from different sets) it might be necessary to use not sets but different format definitions as Set column while you store the sets in a separate column. Or you don't use card name as Name but an ID with different manufacturer tools like deck builders - not that it is necessary at the moment but just out of curiosity ;)

Nava

Trevor

At present, if you add a column of data, it will be visible in the deck editor. The only exception is the ImageFile column.

elegy

Hey there. I absolutely love Lackey, but after I tried to re-install it recently I am unable to download or see any card art. The Magic plugin keeps giving me an error message when I try to manually "download missing card images."  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and, as far as I know, that particular plugin was working just fine before the latest Lackey update.

Would it be possible to just download all the images from someone else who already has them saved, and cram it into my Plugin folder without the hassle of using Lackey to do the downloading for me?

Here's a screenshot of my problem:

Trevor

elegy, do cards load in the deck editor as needed? The "Download all missing card images" button doesn't need to be used.

The links might be broken, in which case it isn't a lackey bug.

elegy

I think it just got stuck trying to load some unavailable token image. But whatever the problem was, it seems to have resolved itself after multiple tries.

Thank you for your quick reply. And thank you for such a wonderful program.

xkirby

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I've been using LackeyCCG for a while now to play a card game I've been developing.
It still uses the old format for "plugininfo.txt", but it gets the job done.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a standard playing card plugin. I would've been done already, but I think the "destinationzone" setting for TRANSFERCARD isn't working properly. I set it up so it sends cards from the top of the deck to the discard pile, seeing as some card games require that, but it ends up sending the cards to my hand. I have no idea why.

Here's the code for it:

<plugin>
<globalstat>
<label>The Pot</label>
<initialvalue>0</initialvalue>
</globalstat>

<playerstat>
<label>Money</label>
<initialvalue>5000</initialvalue>
</playerstat>

<deckzone>
<label>Deck</label>
<shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
<label>Hand</label>
<visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
<label>Deck</label>
<visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
<label>Discard Pile</label>
<visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw from Your Deck</label>
<kind>DRAWCARD</kind>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Discard from Your Deck</label>
<sourcegamezone>Deck</sourcegamezone>
<destinationzone>Discard Pile</destinationzone>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw to Table</label>
<kind>DRAWCARDTOTABLE</kind>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw from Main Deck</label>
<sourceowner>0</sourceowner>
<destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
<destinationzone>Hand</destinationzone>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Discard from Main Deck</label>
<sourceowner>0</sourceowner>
<destinationowner>0</destinationowner>
<destinationzone>Discard Pile</destinationzone>
</generalfunction>

<cardfunction>
<label>Flip Card</label>
<kind>TURNOVER</kind>
</cardfunction>
</plugin>

I don't think I typo'd anywhere, so maybe it's a bug?

Bootylactin

TRANSFERCARD is broken in some (maybe all?) cases.  I'm having the same problem trying to target the table with that function.  I believe it's already been fixed and will be available in the next update.

Tbiesty

I noticed this (running the build from a couple days ago 07-26-11) during a game with the "lotr" plugin, which has a GLOBALSTAT for "twilight".

Your opponent does not see the display (on the left side of the screen) of the global stat update when you change it. The changes made to the value are all shown in the message area, but the actual display of the value does not update.  For a PLAYERSTAT (like "burdens" or "threats"), both players are able to see the updates and the displays update just fine, so it seem to be specific to a GLOBALSTAT.