News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Plugin different from a friend?

Started by D0n V170, July 23, 2011, 12:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0n V170

I recently found this program and have gotten a few of my friends to check it out and we started playing but 2 of my friends attempted to join my game, and vice versa today but only to receive the message of our plugins are different. After many attempts at updating, it still tries to update on of the files, so I tried to update it manually but it still refuses to recognize the file is updated. I tried a handful of other updates, and they all say "All files are up to date," and have updated LackeyCCG. Any ideas as to why this plugin is getting caught up trying to update?

Bort

I just fixed the update lists. Try updating again. After that, it should say you are already updated.

D0n V170

Thank you, it says it is updated but we're still having the same error. :/

Ok so would anyone happen to know why me and a buddy, who used the same URL to get our plugins, are having this issue of it telling us our plugins are different when they are clearly the same?

Trevor

Well, either you aren't using the same version, or there is a bug. It's possible one of you was trying to update and got an old cached internet file instead of the most up to date one. How many cards are listed in your deck editors? If the numbers are different, your plugins are indeed not the same version. Whoever has fewer probably has the outdated plugin. Ask a third party how many cards are listed in their deck editor for comparison.

I suggest you zip your plugin and each send me yours. (You can remove all the image files to make the zipped archive very small.)

D0n V170

Ok some more information for anyone else who has any idea. It happened to a fourth friend of mine, and after updating everything countless times, I copied my plugininfo.txt file from mine into his via a remote desktop program. The text I copied over looked pretty close to the same, yet, after pasting mine, it worked flawlessly. Tried this on my original friend and we are still receiving the error about having different plugins, even after fresh installs and updates via lackey.

Also Trevor, I e-mailed you the 2 folders in 2 .rars. Any help is appreciated :)

Trevor

Quote from: D0n V170 on July 25, 2011, 03:09:44 AM
Ok some more information for anyone else who has any idea. It happened to a fourth friend of mine, and after updating everything countless times, I copied my plugininfo.txt file from mine into his via a remote desktop program. The text I copied over looked pretty close to the same, yet, after pasting mine, it worked flawlessly. Tried this on my original friend and we are still receiving the error about having different plugins, even after fresh installs and updates via lackey.

Also Trevor, I e-mailed you the 2 folders in 2 .rars. Any help is appreciated :)
Where exactly is it reporting you have different plugins, and what exactly is it saying?