News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Sailor Moon CCG:

Started by Tokimo, November 09, 2009, 11:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinitehope

Call me a total geek noob but I fail at things more then Basic, I could generate plenty of ideas and possibly even photoshop card blanks, but beound that I'd pretty much screach to a halt on what I can do, yes the system is learnable, but its just... I dont know maybe if there are video guides X_X; I'll just leave it in more capple hands and be an idea generator for now.

Tokimo

The file that I uploaded in an Excel Spreadsheet. You can open it in OpenOffice if you don't have Microsoft Excel. If you open it, you will understand that it is simpler than Basic by a wide margin. It's just data. The columns are things like card name, and HP.

infinitehope

oh nevermind i got it now... okay. now i get it!

Tokimo

Also, Trevor reformatted it, so let me upload his new version. JAS (He merged the columns for card text into one. The whole formatting of the text is in general messed up, feel free to clean it up or not, but if you don't clean it up please try to pick a consistent format that will be easier to change with a script later if I want).

Adding File

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Snooby

Quote from: Tokimo on November 22, 2009, 05:28:29 PM
Well, I hope you don't mind too much that I'm in the process of hijacking Sailor Moon.  :-[

You're welcome.

infinitehope

Quote from: picks-at-flies on November 22, 2009, 07:18:53 PM
If you are actually planning to release new cards, I would suggesting creating a template for MSE (Magic Set Editor) - you need card blanks anyway if you're creating new cards, and MSE just makes the whole process trivial once the plugin is made.  Plus there is an export to Lackey function you can modify.

how ? newb alert. i want to do this but.. - am newb

Tokimo

I've played with MSE templates a bit. Unfortunately the guides for doing this kinda bite... I can probably set up a plugin for MSE for Sailor Moon card creation in January, although there are some tricky bits in the SM cards, like the variable individual ability space on cards with HP (Mahoujo for now features flexible rule block sizes and I've abandoned that feature for the early prototypes since it's just infeasible to get a MSE template to do that nicely).

To actually put a set together with MSE the first thing would be to get blank cards. Then with a little bit of time you set up MSE to put the text onto them. Tada. Getting blank cards is the harder part of the task.

infinitehope

why is this easyer then doing the spread sheet filling in?
heh :D

infinitehope

Before I fill in all the other text, i want to make sure I'm doing this right.
here is what i have so far, if its right then i'll contune with the text

[attachment deleted by admin due to disk space availablility]

Tokimo

Spread sheet filling in is easy, just time consuming. MSE template creation is easy, just confusing (although some of the more advanced features actually take scripting know-how). Getting blank images is easy if you're good with GIMP, just tedious. Any way I slice it I figure I probably have 1-2 hours max that I can put into working on the Sailor Moon plugin per week until January. Once January comes I'll have time to work on this again (I think).

infinitehope

will this help if i finnish it?

Tokimo

Yes. If you get that entered in the remaining work is relatively minor, just resizing some images (the current plugin has such TINY images X_X) and making sure the hosting is solid.

Snooby

Tiny !?

Here are the original images from my plugin (approx 679 x 987).
Lemme know if you need the Promo/Chase images.
Also, lemme know when you have these, so I can delete them.

LINKS DELETED!!

Tokimo

Thanks, I guess I must have gotten a 2nd hand version of the small images. (downloaded the rar files, if anyone else needs these as well feel free to ask me for them)

AwkwardOctopus

I'm having a little trouble with the Sailor Moon CCG on LackeyCCG.

I downloaded the files found at http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/show.php?i=863147&cat=1 but I didn't really know how to incorporate them into the program.  So, after doing some digging, I basically just added them in manually, following the Yu-Gi-Oh format (since Sailor Moon CCG isn't one of the games that pops up in the find plugins area).  It lets me play the game, but when I try to add one Sailor Scout Level 1 and then add a Level 2 card of the same Scout, it keeps adding it as the original Level 1 card.  It finds the cards to be duplicates of one another, rather than completely separate cards.  Does anyone know how to fix this so I can add a Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 Sailor Scout to a deck?  Thank you so much!