News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

updatelist.txt help

Started by sengicia, July 27, 2011, 10:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sengicia

i am making my own ccg but i need help with the updatelist.txt. i don't know how to get the list and everything online if someone could help i would be greatly appreciative.

Trevor

You need to upload the files. As far as creating the updatelist.txt, that is explained at http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#updatelist

sengicia

yes i know how to make it but i don't know how to make the URL section that is not explained well enough. all i need is to know how to put all of the info into a URL adress.

DaTuck

I am pretty sure that you have to upload them to some website and then use whatever that url is for the file.  Mediafire is one website which hosts files online.

sengicia

how would i use mediafire?

Trevor

sengicia

well what i ment was more of would mediafire work cause i tried and lackey wouldn't open the plugin.

Trevor

Quote from: sengicia on August 06, 2011, 04:11:29 PM
well what i ment was more of would mediafire work cause i tried and lackey wouldn't open the plugin.
I haven't used mediafire so I wouldn't know. You need to be able to type in a URL in a web browser and view the contents of that file within a web browser.

sengicia

ok then it won't work if you know any sites that do please tell me. i would be very appreciative.

r0cknes

There are tons of options for web hosting. I have used webs.com

sengicia

sengicia

now i only have 1 other question. how would i bring up the thing to type in the log command for the checksums?

Trevor

Quote from: sengicia on August 06, 2011, 11:33:22 PM
now i only have 1 other question. how would i bring up the thing to type in the log command for the checksums?
Unless specifically mentioned, every log command should be entered in the game log.

sengicia

sengicia

i think i know what you meant but it says
getting updatelist checksums from local updatelist.txt entries
error cannot find updatelist at .