Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (new LCG from Fantasy Flight, NOT Decipher)

Started by Bootylactin, July 28, 2011, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mms99br

The new version of Lackey crashes the plugin. Someone has the same problem ? When I use the start, the cards are all mixed. Any ideas ?

Trevor

Quote from: mms99br on October 08, 2011, 07:20:13 PM
The new version of Lackey crashes the plugin. Someone has the same problem ? When I use the start, the cards are all mixed. Any ideas ?

The plugin maker needs to post a new start.txt.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1300.msg9865#msg9865

voidy

hey there,

if the creater doesnt make a new start.txt is it a possibility do download the "working" older version for mac OSX.

btw just registered and have been using lackey for a while now and i <3 it

Trevor

Nothing should be crashing. If you get a crash, explain it in detail and I can fix it. Include what version of Lackey you have, and what version of the plugin you have, and when you last updated your plugin, and the steps you take to get a crash.

voidy

Quote from: Trevor on October 12, 2011, 04:33:14 PM
Nothing should be crashing. If you get a crash, explain it in detail and I can fix it. Include what version of Lackey you have, and what version of the plugin you have, and when you last updated your plugin, and the steps you take to get a crash.

nothing is crashing its just the start.txt file from the creator of this plugin issnt working anymore, so my question was is there anywhere where i can download a slightly older version of lackeyccg that would work with this start.txt file.

also another question some of the cards are double sided (quests cards) how do i maually add them or make it so i can see both sides of the card (if possible ofc)

Trevor

Quote from: voidy on October 16, 2011, 12:44:48 PM
Quote from: Trevor on October 12, 2011, 04:33:14 PM

nothing is crashing its just the start.txt file from the creator of this plugin issnt working anymore, so my question was is there anywhere where i can download a slightly older version of lackeyccg that would work with this start.txt file.

also another question some of the cards are double sided (quests cards) how do i maually add them or make it so i can see both sides of the card (if possible ofc)
You cannot downgrade. I suggest you ask the plugin maker to fix it.
You should be able to see the bad of a card by using the shift key.

mms99br

Well, i have made the new cenarios, and is all working. I have made the Hunt ofr Gollum expansion as well, with all cards scanned and the  scenario ready. I am not sure how to share it, if someone can tell me I will be happy to share this expansion

Jynks

The Plugin Maker has abandoned this project .... Also FFG says that unless the card is 6 months old you are not allowed to use card images with the rules text on it, or have the rules copied out into the text area of the application.. I respect that .. and also completely understand were they are coming from.

On a side note.. I have a private version of this game working very well that is updated to ALL the expansions including Ozgilliath as well as many of the custom scenarios that are available at BBG. I plan on re-releasing the core set, along with the custom expansions from BBG once I can figure out one last problem. Then I will according to FFGs wishes slowly release the other card sets as they become available to be legally released onto lackey.

As many people know this is a co-op game that can be played solo using one deck, but as it is co-op many players choose to run 2 decks for a solo game. This has the extra bonus of being able to test your deck ideas in a "real" co-op situation. At the moment I do this by running to copies of lackeyccg and connect them together like a game, but it is a real pain having to tab between applications... especially when with how this game works you need to control the encounter deck from one of the players. So I have added new game zones so you can load a 2nd deck and have a 2nd draw so you can solo using two decks.

If you would like me to publish my version let me know... but as I said I will comply to the wishes of FFG

@Trevor

The only real problem I have at the mo is that the decks will not load correctly.. as in LOAD TO ZONE works fine.. but load entire deck to me... I get "deck loaded" in the log.. but nothing appears in the game zones. Do I need to rebuild the decks or something, as they were made when there were less gamezones? Or is there a way to edit them.. I looked at the deck files they seam pretty strait forward.. not sure why this is happening.

Trevor

Quote from: Jynks on October 26, 2011, 03:20:26 PM
@Trevor

The only real problem I have at the mo is that the decks will not load correctly.. as in LOAD TO ZONE works fine.. but load entire deck to me... I get "deck loaded" in the log.. but nothing appears in the game zones. Do I need to rebuild the decks or something, as they were made when there were less gamezones? Or is there a way to edit them.. I looked at the deck files they seam pretty strait forward.. not sure why this is happening.
If decks aren't loading properly, there is probably a mistake with your plugin. Talk to me on AIM and we can investigate if it is a bug or a mistake in the plugin.

Gru

Jynks,
It would be great to see your work on the Lackey plugin for LOTR - LCG. I've been looking forward to the additions of the expansion sets (ande fan-made scenarios) for quite some time. Thanks for your effort, and thanks also for holding with FFG's restrictions. As an owner of many FFG games (including all the LOTR - LCG products available), I support the company completely. Still, it's great to play this game with friends far away thanks to a great Lackey plugin.
Good luck going forward!

r0cknes

I am good with this plug in being updated. Do you have any set dates of release?

Jynks

@Tervor

With the shared deck areas, is there a way to add to the right click list a transfer command? Add to top of encounter discard. When we switched the encounter deck to a shared zone, it no longer has the right click send option like "right click, send to player discard" - Hope that makes sense.

Is there a way to stop the deck editor from jumping back to the game screen after loading a deck?

Also, for some reason, often while setting up the encounter deck is somehow deleted? Any ideas?

Quote from: r0cknes on October 31, 2011, 10:23:06 AM
I am good with this plug in being updated. Do you have any set dates of release?

thank. I am almost ready to release the first update. FFG has a rule about the cards being 6 months old, so lucky that means that the 1st adventure pack is legal shortly, then I'll just add the new ones each month. This is easy as my "personal" version of the plkugin is in fact even with the releases, so should be no problem to keep the update running for others.

I've had some help and done some modifications to the plug-in from when you first did it. I think it works a lot better now.

Trevor

Quote from: Jynks on November 19, 2011, 06:40:06 AM
@Trevor

With the shared deck areas, is there a way to add to the right click list a transfer command? Add to top of encounter discard. When we switched the encounter deck to a shared zone, it no longer has the right click send option like "right click, send to player discard" - Hope that makes sense.
I didn't want people to navigate a bunch of sub menus because there is a better way.
There is a simple way to transfer cards: drag them to the zone (or corresponding zone tab) of the destination you want them. And there's a bunch of different ways to do that.

I'm not exactly sure what you want. There's over a hundred different permutations of ways to transfer cards. Be very specific with exactly what functionality you want done, and maybe I can have things work better.

Is there a way to stop the deck editor from jumping back to the game screen after loading a deck?
No, but I will change it so loading to a specific zone (as opposed to the "Load entire deck to you
button) does not send you to the game screen. I try not to make little preference options to do every little thing people might want to choose. Very quickly that results in making the preference panels unusable with all the clutter.

QuoteAlso, for some reason, often while setting up the encounter deck is somehow deleted? Any ideas?
I have no idea what you did exactly, so I'm not sure if it is a bug. If it happens again, try to figure out exactly what causes it. Let me know and I'll fix it if its broken.

Jynks

Before I start, the pluging works, LackeyCCG is a fantastic app, these are just suggestions and questions. I appreciate any and all effort you put into this app. I know these shared zones are new, I hope you take these suggestions and observations in teh spirit they are provided.

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2011, 07:20:04 AM
Quote from: Jynks on November 19, 2011, 06:40:06 AM
@Trevor

I didn't want people to navigate a bunch of sub menus because there is a better way.
There is a simple way to transfer cards: drag them to the zone (or corresponding zone tab) of the destination you want them. And there's a bunch of different ways to do that.

I'm not exactly sure what you want. There's over a hundred different permutations of ways to transfer cards. Be very specific with exactly what functionality you want done, and maybe I can have things work better.

Yea, fair enough. I am just using the DRAG option at the moment. Though there are card effects that draw from the top and the bottom of the encounter deck... here are some images to make it more clear...

------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

Ok, so this is a screen cap of the a "encounter card" on the table. The "encounter deck" and "encounter discard" are both "global" zones. As you know as you helped me with that. Though as you can see, there is no way though the right click menu to send these cards to the "encounter discard" zone. I know we can use the drag to side bar or to the tabs where your player hand is... Though, if you bear with me I "think" this problem magnifiys as you go into other features of lackeyCCG. I'm not really a programmer so I might be wrong.. anyway.. take a look at these other examples.

------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

Often you need to shuffle the entire discard pile back into the encounter deck. As you can see, as the right click thing doesn't have an option for that there is no easy way to do this. Also (as far as I know) there is no "select all" in a zone, it is very cumbersom to move 50 cards to the draw deck. You have to shrink the window so you can see the "end" of the card list then you can drag select

Now yes, you can do this drag select thing, but as you can see, my monitor rez is very large (2560x1600, as you can see your forum cuts off the end of the image, so right click view image to see it full size) low rez screens have to make the card list so tiny that it is hard to even select the space as it can even get smaller than your mouse. So you need to select cards in sections, using shift+click or something... very slow.

Also there are card functions that work on the "encounter deck" that do stuff like "look at top 3 cards, pick 1" etc etc keep them hidden to other players.. etc etc.. you know what I mean.

As you can see, the same "problem" is here, there is no way to "send back to 'encounter deck" or "encounter discard" and shuffle, or not shuffle, as the only options are the current player decks, also the random discard button doesn't work. Also, as you can see there is no "reveal to only 1 player. So even if I use that tick box, the other player will get a flash of teh cards on his screen (I think)

So this entire awesome feature is basically broken. In my test games we are just draging to a place off teh table were others are just trusted not to be looking. Though if this feature was working it would be fantastic!

No, but I will change it so loading to a specific zone (as opposed to the "Load entire deck to you
button) does not send you to the game screen. I try not to make little preference options to do every little thing people might want to choose. Very quickly that results in making the preference panels unusable with all the clutter.

Yea, that is a fair enough point. Now I think about it, I think that is really cool to not clutter with tons of options. I didn't think of that and as you said the "load to zone" change will basically fix this annoyance anyway.

QuoteAlso, for some reason, often while setting up the encounter deck is somehow deleted? Any ideas?
I have no idea what you did exactly, so I'm not sure if it is a bug. If it happens again, try to figure out exactly what causes it. Let me know and I'll fix it if its broken.

I'll try and get this to happen at will then i will record a video for you.

Trevor

Ok, I will make the option to also send cards to shared zones. It's not that important though, seeing as how dragging them to the tabs is just as easy, if not more so. (To drop to the bottom of a tab, hold shift while moving the cards.)

I will also add the "Move All to" option for zone tabs.

I will also allow people to send revealed cards back to a shared zone.(As an interim hack, drag the cards to a zone only you can see, and then move them from there accordingly). btw, I thought lotr was a cooperative game. Does it actually matter of your teammates also see the cards?
And I will fix the random discard button.

The load to zone fix was implemented earlier this morning and is live. Let me know if it isn't working as you want.

You submitted a very good and specific bug report there. The shared deck stuff was a new feature, and I thought it might have some bugs, and you seemed to find many of them for me to fix. Those kinds of bug reports are very helpful.