Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (new LCG from Fantasy Flight, NOT Decipher)

Started by Bootylactin, July 28, 2011, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

UPDATE - Version 2.4

• ADDED: - The Hills of Emyn Muil
  • ADDED:- The Massing at Osgiliath
  • ADDED:- Custom Card Tokens
  • ADDED:- Custom Arrow Markers
  • FIXED:- Text Counters for Helper Card
So this is a big update. Including The Hills of Emyn Muil and The Massing at Osgiliath!! Also there have been some big changes a the application level of LackeyCCG from the developer as well....

Most notable is the inclusion of COUNTER IMAGES....

So you add counters just as b4, but now it will add the counters form the real game, 1st counter will look like the Witch King card, and as you add more counters text will appear on top of the counter like this. This should mean that no matter the card art, the counters should always be easy to read!

If for any reason your counters are to small and the text is not on top of them (due to scale and monitor issues) there is an option in the PREFERENCES under the APPEARANCE tab where you can set the scale of the counters from 20% to something higher.

Also for you solo players. You can now add as many players as you like to a solo game! Just right click on the TEST DUMMY player and select ADD SEAT and a new dummy will be added. This is great for deck testing if you are building a 2 or 3 player deck, or just want to play a 2 or 3 deck solo game.

Once you are playing, just select yourself in the list (the top one) and use these arrow keys to access the other decks!!

Also there is a TON of cool /commands for the chat window... so many I can not list them all but some really awesome ones are

/chooseplayer (select a player at random to go first)
/senddeck S (This will send you current deck to the other player neat way of sharing decks if your playing with randoms)

I'm pretty busy nowdays so my videos might be slow.. but I will be doing an updated tutorial that should be way more simple and short and easy to reference with how to use the plugin...

Anyway.. hope you guys like it.. let me know as always if there are any problems!!!

Have fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic

Bis2Fioute

Hey,

Great job again man, tokens look amazing !!

Noted a couple of thing to fix :
- Pictures of THOEM02 and THOEM03 are mixed up.
- Keen-eyed Took referenced as Tactics instead of Leadership.

Thanks, keep up the good work

Jynks

UPDATE - Version 2.4.1

• ADDED: - Hover Card Function (Right Click on Card to access it)
  • ADDED:- New Generic Counter for "reminders"
  • FIXED:- Card Image for Descendant and Gildor now display correctly
  • FIXED:- Wandering Took is back in the Leadership sphere
  • CHANGE:- Tweaked the resource icon counter image
== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING

This update changed some fundamental organization of various things behind the scenes to do with function, this WILL effect your keybindings. So after this update, make sure you go into PREFRENCES/KEYBINDINGS and make sure everything is as you want it.

Another way to get your bindings fixed easily is to to go into your LackeyCCG directory and finding this file....

<LackeyCCG Directory>plugins / LoTRlcg / pluginpreferences.txt

Then delete it. Now next time LackeyCCG loads it will use the default keybindings I set up for you.

== -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING == -- == WARNING

Ok, so what is becoming my regular 2nd update a day after the release of the main update due to all the errors people find it UP!!! Enjoy...

Big thanks to Bis2Fioute for pointing out that Descendant and Gildor card images were reversed.. so that is fixed...

Also Duke of Lizards (awesom-o name btw) asked:
"every time I play an attachment, it ends up covering up a hero. Then I select the hero, drag him around and put him back on top. This quickly becomes unwieldy with 4 or 5 attachments to order. Is there a faster way to handle this?"

And I responded:
um.. I'm not sure... I do not find it a problem in any way personally, in fact I like it like this as it is exactly how real cards work... Basically I just drag select the cards on the table and move them to the side and place the new card, then drag the stacks of stuff with the hero at the top and then place it again. There used to be options in lackey to set it so that placing a card will always go to the bottom, but these options seam to be gone. There is a option called HOVER I have not set up that I can add to the card functions that will make a card unselectable... but all cards will be placed on table go under it... this might be a option... I'll look into this for you.

So I looked into it and it worked pretty neat.. so I did it!!! WOOOT

So if you select a card and hit ALT+H (default binding) or right click on the card and select HOVER it will raise that card into the air, off the table. Now any card that is put on it, will go underneath. You can tap and add counters while it is hovering if you like so you can always have it hovering, or you can raise it up, then place your attachments then drop it on the table and it will land on top of everything.

Also, I added a new counter for "reminders" here are a 3 examples of how it is meant to be used.....

As you can see it is just a nice bright generic counter you can use to track modified stats, like in this example Gimli has 3 wounds, so he is now hitting for 5. So this counter is just to remind us of that. The Hunter card has a "4" on it.. cause there is 1 Clue token in play, witch gives him +2 attack / Defense... again just to remind us. And on the Quest card, I use this counter to denote victory points....

Anyway... this is about it I think!!

Please let me know if there are any more errors!!

Have Fun and Stay Safe
--Tragic

karadur

Hey first off let me say i really appreciate all your work on this. I really enjoy playing the game but my friends who play live in another state so its hard to get together with them. I was wondering if there was a way to turn a card over. I know you can look at the other side with the shift key but I find it kinda annoying that i can't turn over the quest cards and have them stay on the correct side. I know that they have the functionality in lackey's magic the gathering plugin and i was wondering if i just didn't know the right keys for it in this.

Jynks

Quote from: karadur on March 07, 2012, 05:04:12 PM
Hey first off let me say i really appreciate all your work on this. I really enjoy playing the game but my friends who play live in another state so its hard to get together with them. I was wondering if there was a way to turn a card over. I know you can look at the other side with the shift key but I find it kinda annoying that i can't turn over the quest cards and have them stay on the correct side. I know that they have the functionality in lackey's magic the gathering plugin and i was wondering if i just didn't know the right keys for it in this.

Hold down CTRL+Left CLICK on card and it will flip it... Also not sure how you are doing shadow cards with out being able to flip them over .. lol.. so just in case.. there is a DRAW ENCOUNTER (F5) and DRAW SHADOW (F6) button as well.. So you draw the shadow cards, place them on the table then flip them using ctrl+left click to turn them over at teh correct time.

karadur

I've been using shift to just look at the other side of the shadow cards as well as the quests. However it's just a pain to keep looking at it to figure out what it is and to check wording on abilities.

Jynks

hold down CONTROL and LEFT CLICK on a card and it will flip over.

mms99br

I cannot find how to use these nice tokens... and I want it, lol

Anyway, there is any news about updating this plugin ??

gavroche

AMAZING JOB- thank you and thank you again.
but are you going to continue doing this awesome job for all of us? You will put the expansion packs and custom quests whenever you can right?
Also I'd like to ask if anyone would like to play with me- a noobie who is still trying to learn and beat the first quest? :)

Azlinea

Quote from: gavroche on May 07, 2012, 07:57:57 PM
AMAZING JOB- thank you and thank you again.
but are you going to continue doing this awesome job for all of us? You will put the expansion packs and custom quests whenever you can right?
Also I'd like to ask if anyone would like to play with me- a noobie who is still trying to learn and beat the first quest? :)

A few comments. 1) I'd like to play with you since I don't have many people interested in playing IRL. PM a time and day that works well for you if you don't mind. 2) What custom quests are you referring to? 3) It shouldn't be hard for me to unofficially add the new cards into the proper places and load it up to the forums. Taking over the auto-updater might be a different story but not worried. We will see what the OP has to say.

gavroche

Quote from: Azlinea on May 11, 2012, 10:03:59 PM

A few comments. 1) I'd like to play with you since I don't have many people interested in playing IRL. PM a time and day that works well for you if you don't mind. 2) What custom quests are you referring to? 3) It shouldn't be hard for me to unofficially add the new cards into the proper places and load it up to the forums. Taking over the auto-updater might be a different story but not worried. We will see what the OP has to say.

1) I will for sure!
2) I played ninjadorg's quest and well, they're as good as the official ones. so I know that the expansion packs will be uploaded 6 months after their release but maybe we can have these 'good' or 'approved' custom quests as they're released
3) I just received the game and been playing with those. but I still think that playing on lackey is easier and more fun. so i will always be around looking for updates for this game and will try to support people when i have my salary :)

Jynks

Been away for a while.. sorry about the delay.. here are the 2 packs for last month and this month!

Please contact me though replying to this a thread or a PM or w/e to let me know if there are any errors.

Version 2.6 - The end of the Mirkwood Cycle

ADDED:- The Dead marshes
ADDED:- Return to Mirkwood

Quote from: ghostdragon on May 07, 2012, 02:51:57 PM
Is there going to be another update.

Yes i will continue to update this plugin.

Quote from: gavroche on May 07, 2012, 07:57:57 PM
You will put the expansion packs and custom quests whenever you can right?

Yup, it should be 1 new one a each month.

Quote from: mms99br on April 08, 2012, 10:44:47 AM
I cannot find how to use these nice tokens... and I want it, lol

If you are having any problems, the easiest way to fix everything is to just to completely delete the "LoTRlcg" folder form inside your LackeyCCG/plugins/ folder and reinstall the plugin form the preferences list... (make sure you backup your decks)

Bis2Fioute

Thanks man,

A couple fixes I've noted :
- Gildor and Descendants pictures are mixed up again.
- Song of Mocking is Tactics, not Neutral.

Oh and can you implement the TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY card function please ?

For the rest so far so good, I'll let you know.