Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (new LCG from Fantasy Flight, NOT Decipher)

Started by Bootylactin, July 28, 2011, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoof

Awesome. I like this game, so thanks for making the plugin!

I took the liberty of constructing the four core decks from the basic set, and put them online here.

Edited: So I played a quick solo game, and noted while there's a method for playing Shadow cards face down, there's no actual way of flipping them face up. I've been using peek to check their effect - perhaps a "turn face up" option could be added in an update?

Bootylactin

Quote from: Snoof on August 04, 2011, 11:18:06 PM
Awesome. I like this game, so thanks for making the plugin!

I took the liberty of constructing the four core decks from the basic set, and put them online here.

Edited: So I played a quick solo game, and noted while there's a method for playing Shadow cards face down, there's no actual way of flipping them face up. I've been using peek to check their effect - perhaps a "turn face up" option could be added in an update?
Hold CTRL and click the card.  This is a core Lackey CCG function, which is why I decided not to make an additional button.

Calero

After I download the plugin and try pick it in the plugin list it just crash's Lackey :( Any thoughts anyone. I have tried deleting it and downloading it again still same result.

Snoof

Quote from: Calero on August 06, 2011, 09:18:06 AM
After I download the plugin and try pick it in the plugin list it just crash's Lackey :( Any thoughts anyone. I have tried deleting it and downloading it again still same result.
I had that issue too, but updating Lackey fixed it. Are you using the latest version?

Cyrus

Anyone want to play a game? My best times are Sunday - Wednesday, around 10pm til 1am pacific standard time. I'll probably be using a starter deck unless I get real inspired

Beornd

I did install the plugin but further i cannot use the Deck Editor. The button seems black and nothing happens. Any idea?

Thx - i needed the newer lackey version - now it works.

Beornd

Quote from: Bootylactin on August 03, 2011, 01:31:22 AM
Until she makes her way into the public plugin finder, here's the info you need:

Plugin: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game -  (Living Card Game from Fantasy Flight) ("lotr-lcg")
Home Page: http://bbql.org/lotr-lcg
Updatelist (high): http://bbql.org/lotr-lcg/sets/setimages/high/updatelist.txt
Updatelist (medium): http://bbql.org/lotr-lcg/sets/setimages/medium/updatelist.txt

Please pay special attention to the ReadMe.txt, which is included with the plugin but I will repeat here because it's simply that important:

Lord of the Rings: The Card Game presents a unique situation for Lackey, because the
Quest and Encounter decks are controlled by the game and not the players.  For the purposes
of this plugin, it is assumed that the first player will control the Encounter deck.

Included with this plugin are the 3 scenarios that ship with the Core Set.  To play any of the
three, do the following:

1. First build your deck as you normally would, leaving both the Quest and Encounter decks empty.  Save your deck.
2. Navigate to your /plugins/lotr-lcg/saved folder, and inside you will find a text file that pertains to each scenario.
3. Select the scenario you want to play, and make a COPY of this file in the same directory
4. Remove start.txt, if it exists in this folder.
5. Re-name the file you copied in step 3 to start.txt
6. Now return to Lackey and choose Main Menu > New Game.  This will load your chosen scenario.
7. Load in your player deck.
8. Click and drag a box around all of the orange Encounter cards on the table, drag them to the Encounter Deck, then shuffle it
9. Play the game and enjoy!

I'm off to GenCon tomorrow, so my responses will likely be delayed over the next 5 days.

A small clearification:

Step 5: Re-name needs only start. It is currently a txt.file.

Gru

Just wondering...will the expansion cards be available soon for Lackey? I know the first one ("The Hunt for Gollum") has been printed, and the second will be available at the end of this month. Great game, great plugin. Keep up the fantastic work!

dannynyc

i think it will be. i heard some rumours

also to mention that i have a problems with deck editor :(

Gru

Earlier posts seem to indicate the deck editor problem has something to do with earlier versions of Lackey. Try installing the curernt version and see if that works.

Zathras42

Here's hoping I am not missing the painfully obvious. . . . .

Do I add the Hero cards to the chosen Player Deck? How do I get the Hero Cards laid out without going through the entire deck to find them? ??? ???

Thanks!

Trevor

The new lackey I have yet to post allows you to load the appropriate decks to a new kind of zone called a shared zone.

dannynyc

Quote from: Gru on August 25, 2011, 03:11:45 PM
Earlier posts seem to indicate the deck editor problem has something to do with earlier versions of Lackey. Try installing the curernt version and see if that works.

done.

now it works perfect :)

alborto

Hello,
can we have the expansions cards please?
I like a lot this game, i have it original, but i use lackeyccgto play whit some friends on internet.
Thanks a lot for your work.

Jynks

How do I draw form the encounter deck? I'm just dragging them onto the table.. is that correct? I see a button that says "draw encounter" but it doesn't seam to do anything.

Also, is there a hot key for adding and removing tokens? Right click is cumbersome....

And, is there anyway I can make the tokens look like images, at the moment they are just coloured dots?

And how do i get rid of that blue cross in the middle of the screen?

And lastly, is there a way to hotkey things like MARK and ERASE?