News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Fantasy Fight

Started by Emkay09, August 05, 2011, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emkay09

Hello there,

my name is Moritz and come germany. Long time I dreamed from creating a CCG. A few month ago I leanred about Lackey and started creating a game.
Now it is almost finished and want you as my beta testers.

The game itself features around various fantasy characters, such as dragons, elfs, orcs, etc. The goal is to deplete your opponents deck. I also integrated SWCCGs "recycle system", but in a new way.

You'll the rules and the plugin on the website www.fantasyfight.de.

Please tell me how you think about the game and what might be changend. You may also ask me for a game but remember middle-european time.

Thanks in advance  ;)
Moritz aka Emkay09

Dragoon

First, let me welcome you to  the LackeyCCG forums!

Second, rules look pretty solid to me. But I haven't played yet, so I can't tell pretty much.

The mind is a pretty fun idea. Can your mind have only one card in it, or as many as you like?

Some points on card design.
- I think it would be better if you could make the action cost as a symbol.
- Making your own templates is better than using MTG ones.

Emkay09

Thank you for your first look  8)

You can only have one card in your mind. I changed that in the rule book.

I will try to change some symbols, but I have only the Magic Set Editor, so I can use only MTG layout. The layout I have chosen is called "Future" so it is not common in the original game.

innuendo

MSE allows you to create your own plugins, I use MSE for my card game and have used custom frames for quite some time.

Jerod_tb

Sorry for buttin' in, but what is MSE and where can I get it?  I've been looking for something that can make card templates.  Thanks for your help.
Jerod_tb

Trevor

Your FF cardback is not the same dimensions as all the other card images, and it should be.

Emkay09

Quote from: innuendo on August 06, 2011, 05:25:15 PM
MSE allows you to create your own plugins, I use MSE for my card game and have used custom frames for quite some time.

How can I do this? When I start a new set, I have only a choice of using MTG, YGO or VS cards.

Quote from: Jerod_tb on August 06, 2011, 05:40:03 PM
Sorry for buttin' in, but what is MSE and where can I get it?  I've been looking for something that can make card templates.  Thanks for your help.
Jerod_tb

MSE means Magic Set Editor. You will find it on http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/.

Quote from: Trevor on August 06, 2011, 10:11:58 PM
Your FF cardback is not the same dimensions as all the other card images, and it should be.

Yes I know, but Lackey stretched it in play, so it is not really important to me.  ;)

Trevor

Quote from: Emkay09 on August 08, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
Yes I know, but Lackey stretched it in play, so it is not really important to me.  ;)
Not having a cardback.jpg of the same dimensions as your other cards will cause errors. It's a simple thing to fix.

Emkay09

I don't have any errors yet.

But I have resized the image to 214x308.