I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 08-10-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, August 10, 2011, 05:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just posted a new version that fixes many bugs and adds some new features.

The major new thing that required a lot of new code to be written was how revealing and visibility works. I expect there to be some bugs I didn't catch, so report all instances of reveal related bugs.

You can now reveal a zone (like a deck) to a specific player, which makes a lot more sense with more than 2 players.

Post any bugs with this version in this thread.

Sydnelson

The bug that I described in AIM persists.

If a player pass mouse over a card with alternate card image just after deck is load the card text of card is revealed to that player for few seconds until lackey loads card images.

Trevor

Quote from: Sydnelson on August 10, 2011, 10:31:28 PM
The bug that I described in AIM persists.

If a player pass mouse over a card with alternate card image just after deck is load the card text of card is revealed to that player for few seconds until lackey loads card images.
Ok, I will fix that.

mrXYZ

Hi
Sorry for my english if it's bad.
I'm a big fan of Pokemon TCG and I have some suggestions about it:
- Is it possible to reveal only middle cards from a zone without touching the top or the bottom? A few cards (or maybe more than a few) tell you to reveal any card from the prize zone. Actually you are able to do something only with top or bottom...
- Is it possible to implement Rock-Paper-Scissor game in Lackey? Admittedly only one card from Pokemon TCG requires it (I like that card anyway), but it would be nice to see the feature in Lackey.

And the last: could you make the tabs with zone names a bit bigger, Trevor? I don't know if it's a fault of my comp, but my Lackey cuts off the top part of those titles and it's a bit frustrating for me (needless to add the same problem exists for the left and the right panel too). See the screenshot below:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/lackey.jpg
Greetings

Trevor

Quote from: mrXYZ on August 11, 2011, 03:12:16 PM
Hi
Sorry for my english if it's bad.
I'm a big fan of Pokemon TCG and I have some suggestions about it:
- Is it possible to reveal only middle cards from a zone without touching the top or the bottom? A few cards (or maybe more than a few) tell you to reveal any card from the prize zone. Actually you are able to do something only with top or bottom...
- Is it possible to implement Rock-Paper-Scissor game in Lackey? Admittedly only one card from Pokemon TCG requires it (I like that card anyway), but it would be nice to see the feature in Lackey.

And the last: could you make the tabs with zone names a bit bigger, Trevor? I don't know if it's a fault of my comp, but my Lackey cuts off the top part of those titles and it's a bit frustrating for me (needless to add the same problem exists for the left and the right panel too). See the screenshot below:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/lackey.jpg
Greetings
You can always drag cards from the middle of a zone. Revealing generic "middle" cards isn't something I think is done with cards. Post a specific card and let me see what it says.

The odds of winning a rock scissors paper game is 50/50, so you could just flip. But if you want to actually play:
/secret I choose rock!
/reveal

The tabs should be big enough. I will investigate a possible bug making them not big enough.

Kablizzy

Couldn't find a solution to this upon searching, but this is a relatively recent problem.

Played a few games the other day. Opened fine twice, worked fine twice. Set up all of my preferences again just fine, installed all plugins just fine. Played 3 games just fine.

Open Lackey today, and it began lagging miserably. 20-30 seconds to open, same for any click to register. Nothing has changed since yesterday that I am aware of. Attempted rebooting, restarting, redownloading, admin mode, fiddling with priority, and nothing seems to work as of yet. Suggestions?

Kablizzy

After fiddling with my configuration, I closed all other programs, including Firefox. Lackey was closed at the time. Lackey then opened itself, and runs fine. I re-open Firefox, and it runs fine. I assume memory leak? I dunno. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem with the new build.

Trevor

I will look into memory leaks, Kablizzy. It also may be an outdated driver or some kind of conflict.

There is a new version out. Report bugs with the new one in this thread:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1231.0

mrXYZ

Quote from: Trevor on August 11, 2011, 03:46:28 PM
You can always drag cards from the middle of a zone. Revealing generic "middle" cards isn't something I think is done with cards. Post a specific card and let me see what it says.

OK, e.g. Island Hermit:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon-frontiers/76-island-hermit.jpg

The odds of winning a rock scissors paper game is 50/50, so you could just flip. But if you want to actually play:
/secret I choose rock!
/reveal

Oh, I didn't know about this feature... Thanks for the tip, it'll be enough...

Trevor

Quote from: mrXYZ on August 12, 2011, 12:03:50 PM

OK, e.g. Island Hermit:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon-frontiers/76-island-hermit.jpg

What does that card have to do with revealing cards from the middle of your deck?
Why can't you just drag them to the table?