News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Custom Magic Set Trouble

Started by MOON-E, August 13, 2011, 04:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOON-E

I was looking to find some help installing a custom magic set. I want to add this set into my already existing magic plugin so i can play with it as well as real cards. I'm using MSE's lackey export plugin to do this, following the instructions found in the thread. For some reason, my cards simply do not appear in lackey.

Possible reasons I can think of that it doesn't work:

- Some of my cards are marked with symbols that may not work in lackey (brackets, asterisks, etc.)
- My Excel may save the .txt file with hidden tabs/line breaks i don't know about
- There's some error with the setlist file
- God hates me

So far, all of my troubleshooting has done nothing. Is there anything I'm missing? I followed the instructions found here: [link] Is there something not listed there I have to do? Anyone have a similar problem? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Trevor

I don't know how the MSE exporter works, but it's possible it was written using an old plugin format that does match the rest of your plugin. You don't need it. All you need to do is take the image files and put them in a folder (named the same as the set) and put that in setimages/. And then put the card data file in the sets/ folder.

This is very important: You need to name your card data file something that will be the last alphabetically amongst card data files in your sets/ folder. That will minimize errors.
Note that other people will not see your cards, and this could cause errors. I haven't yet implemented a good way to have a player include custom cards. What you are doing is not properly supported now, so it could cause errors. Just be mindful of that. All you need to do to fix that is move your custom card data file out of the sets/ folder and relaunch. And put it back to see your custom cards again (and relaunch). Your card image files can stay where they are.

MOON-E

I renamed the set to be last alphabetically, but it still didn't show up.

As far as I know, the lackey plugin for MSE is just a much easier way to create the image folder and card data sheet, so I don't think that's the problem. Previously, I tried to do this manually, but that also did not work.

How do I need to edit the setlist? Could that be the problem?

Also, I notice that all of the files in my lackey folder don't have line breaks, do i need to re-format my text file to not have line breaks? Or is this just some strange way my computer is showing it to me?

Thanks for your help.

Trevor

If you can't see line breaks, you're using a bad plain text editor. The line breaks are there, and you can see them in programs like firefox.

Now that you mention it, I think the magic plugin still doesn't use the newest plugin format, actually. So you would need to add your file to setlist.txt.

MOON-E

Wow, turns out that was the problem. Opening it in a different text editor let me add the file name to the correct part of the list. Thanks for your help Trevor!

Crovack

Any idea on the status of those custom sets and card images being a supported feature?