Would this be any kind of legal trouble, or cause me to be booted from lackey?

Started by UnbridledChaos, August 13, 2011, 06:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnbridledChaos

I decided to make some of my favorite cards have different pictures. started out with tokens, id just post a really cool looking picture on there, and line it up perfectly, and it makes it look great. i thought about doing this with some of the other cards, but didn't know how people would feel about that. im not changing any text or type on the card, just the picture, and im saving it under a different file name, so it doesn't erase the picture.

UnbridledChaos

Trevor

I don't see why anyone would care one way or the other. I suggest that you just replace the image files you have and use the same name. If you change the name in the card data file, when you update next, your change will be reverted and your alternate image card will no longer be linked. If you already have a card image for a card, even if you changed that card image, Lackey won't try to download another image.

UnbridledChaos

Cyrus

Wouldn't only the person with the alt art on their computer (in this case Mr. Chaos) be able to see the alt art anyway? The other player would just see the regular old card and miss our on the sweet custom art unless they downloaded it also...right?

EDIT: For extra credit, you should redo some of the full art lands!