News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help With Packs

Started by theylive, August 13, 2011, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theylive

Hello! I am new to the forums, but I have been working on a Lackey CCG Plugin for the Aliens Predator CCG (I see there has been some discussion of the game already) for a few weeks. However, I am faced with a problem concerning Packs. (Note, I wasn't sure if this should go into the Bug-Beta Testers Forum or the Plugins-Plugin Creation Forum, so I chose the latter).

So, I created 2 pack files, titled packdefinitions1.xml (containing fixed Starter Decks for Aliens, Predators, and Marines) and packdefinitons2.xml (containing two Booster Packs). However, when I start Lackey and go to the Deck Editor, it will not let me select the Open Packs option. I made the pack definitions files on my Mac, but I imported them into my PC and checked the coding in Adobe Dreamweaver to make sure I didn't make a mistake. In fact, I even had to make a few spelling corrections for the Starter Decks. However, it was all to no avail; it still wouldn't let me Open Packs (on both my PC and Mac Versions of Lackey). I am sure I have the most updated version of Lackey, so I know that can't be a problem.

I have attached both packdefintions.xml files as well as the carddata.txt files, just in case someone can point out my mistake (If I made one, which if I didn't, that could mean trouble). I am glad there is a wonderful community for such a great software!

Much Thanks!

EDIT:
Okay, I realized that I misspelled the packdefinitions files, and there were a few other corrections I had to make, but it still wouldn't let me Open Packs. Can anyone help?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trevor

Looking at your pack definition files, it appears to not have any new line characters. Open it in firefox. It's all on a single line.

It also has a bunch of junk in it such as

Quote<w:wordDocument xmlns:w="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/word/2003/wordml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas

You should edit it with a plain text editor. Whatever you are using is clearly messing it up.

theylive

Okay, that happened before when I converted it to a .xml, and then opened it in Dreamweaver. I am using TextEdit (for Mac), so I don't know if that is the issue.

Okay, solved problem, thanks to you :)

I should of saved it as a Plain Text file with the .xml extension instead of a Rich Text File.

I shall make sure you are made immortal, Trevor. Without your post, I probably would have never realized that.

Thank you, so much!

(I know, I'm sugarcoating it a little too much)