News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can i play lackeyccg with hotseat??

Started by uankaink, December 26, 2009, 03:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uankaink

i just want to test some TCGs with my friend on my PC... but i dont know how to play lackeyccg multiplayer with hotseat feature on one PC...

is it possible to use hotseat in lackeyccg?? and how...
pliss help me...

Tokimo

Cut and paste from the shout box in case anyone else finds this thread and wonders about the answer:

(04:54:33) uankaink: can i play lackeyccg hotseat with one PC
(04:55:32) aardvark: I think so, yeah
(04:58:53) uankaink: pliss tell me how to play with hotseat..?? thx
(05:04:35) aardvark: I think you just click on your icon. Somebody will hafta play as the bot.
(05:04:56) aardvark: then switch back n forth between turns
(05:12:45) uankaink: ok i will try... thx bro
(05:14:22) aardvark: np
(05:26:35) uankaink: its worked... youre brilliant man...
(05:27:16) uankaink: i just started using lackeyccg..​. so i'm a lil bit confused... but its a great engine

Red Menace

If I were you I would just run 2 Lackeys from 2 different folders. Have one person host and the other person connect to 127.0.0.1 as the IP, which is the local loopback host IP (ie, the same computer). You don't need to connect to the lackey server, or be online at all, if you use this method.

You can then alternating minimizing Lackeys of each player depending on the turn, or shield half of the screen, or just play with eachother's hands revealed.

Alastair

Quote from: Red Menace on December 26, 2009, 04:18:00 PM
If I were you I would just run 2 Lackeys from 2 different folders. Have one person host and the other person connect to 127.0.0.1 as the IP, which is the local loopback host IP (ie, the same computer). You don't need to connect to the lackey server, or be online at all, if you use this method.

You can then alternating minimizing Lackeys of each player depending on the turn, or shield half of the screen, or just play with eachother's hands revealed.

Actually that would be the more complicated way to do it, plus require more resources from the computer. As it stands you can open just one copy of Lackey, load a deck to yourself and one to the bot. Your opponent can handle the bots actions, bingo, hotseat play.

Cyrus

Quote from: Alastair on December 26, 2009, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: Red Menace on December 26, 2009, 04:18:00 PM

Actually that would be the more complicated way to do it, plus require more resources from the computer. As it stands you can open just one copy of Lackey, load a deck to yourself and one to the bot. Your opponent can handle the bots actions, bingo, hotseat play.

yeah but then your hands are both revealed to each other at all times. the other way you can just say what you are doing while you are doing it, and your opponent will just have to remember if they had something to respond with or not.

Best way to do this? Print out proxies and just play irl with paper cards taped/glued or put in front of lands (or CoP: White in my case... I have literally endless CoP: Whites) in sleeves. Me and my friends used to do this to test more expensive cards before buying them. Works great.

Tokimo

You can get around revealing your hand by switching the hand section to library/graveyard/removed/prizes/whatever before you click on the other icon. This really works  amazingly well, I just tried it and was super pleased.