How to add new game cards (in spanish for example) to a plugin????????

Started by sakk, August 18, 2011, 08:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakk

Hi all, hope i can get some help today from anyone here.
Im very interested in add new card decks in another languaje (spanish) to a plugin (munchkin in my case).
Is this possible (how can i do it? if it is) or i have to develop a new plugin in the new languaje??

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

There are a number of ways to do this. If you want to be able to just have the same plugin, but in spanish, and be able to play with people who have the english version also, you can:

Alter your card data file to include text in spanish. If you wanted, you could play with the english card images and just keep the text box visible.

Or the simplest, most compatible thing you could do is change the card image files and nothing else. This be done by changing the updatelist.txt. Remove the part from "CardImageURLs:" down, and instead of that, put something like:
QuoteCardGeneralURLs:      
http://www.whateverurltheimagesare.com/spanish/medium/

So you will be using the same plugin, except the images you download will be different. But as far as other people who you play with are concerned, they will have no idea.

sakk

Ok i think ill try the second thing, changing the updatelist.txt, where is that file? in munchkin plugin folder? . I suppose the people who i want to play with have to do the same thing in their Lackeyccg, right?

Thanks a lot for ur fast reply.

sakk

Nah think i cant do that , the updatelist.txt file is in the plugin url and its updated auto when i load the plugin, my new cards images dont load into the plugin. =(. what's wrong?

Saethori

...Did you actually type in a URL that has all the appropriate images, in spanish, with the same naming pattern as the english ones?

Or did you just type in Trevor's sample URL, expecting it to actually work?

To answer the earlier question, as long as you're changing only card images, or changing only card text without altering the number of or order of cards, your version will still sync perfectly with other peoples' versions. They are not required to use your spanish version if they do not want to.

sakk

Quote from: Saethori on August 18, 2011, 01:57:45 PM
...Did you actually type in a URL that has all the appropriate images, in spanish, with the same naming pattern as the english ones?

To answer the earlier question, as long as you're changing only card images, or changing only card text without altering the number of or order of cards, your version will still sync perfectly with other peoples' versions. They are not required to use your spanish version if they do not want to.

My cards are different from the english one, i cant replace all cards in english "one by one" for the spanish cards. I need just use my personal spanish craft deck card, maybe i just need to create new plugin for that, isn`t it?

Trevor

Quote from: sakk on August 19, 2011, 01:03:30 AM
Quote from: Saethori on August 18, 2011, 01:57:45 PM

My cards are different from the english one, i cant replace all cards in english "one by one" for the spanish cards. I need just use my personal spanish craft deck card, maybe i just need to create new plugin for that, isn`t it?
If you want to have the spanish names appear in the deck editor, you need to do a new plugin. Make sure you give it a different name.

But I think the simplest solution is to use the same plugin, but use different card images.