I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 08-21-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, August 21, 2011, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just posted a new version with a bunch of rewritten network code and some other new stuff.

Plugin makers can now uninstall old files. More about that is explained here:
http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#uninstall

I fixed some bugs relating to packs and some other ones too.

I'll post more about it later.

innuendo

what happens if in an update I made some changes to a cards in a set called "abc" for instance.  So in this set I need to update the card images, not just simply remove them.

Do I simply say in my uninstall.txt, remove /sets/setimages/abc/ and then specify the updatelist to put all the new pictures into the same directory?

What happens?  I can test it out, but I was curious from your side what you intend to happen before I just went pushing all sorts of buttons.

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on August 22, 2011, 10:21:50 AM
what happens if in an update I made some changes to a cards in a set called "abc" for instance.  So in this set I need to update the card images, not just simply remove them.

Do I simply say in my uninstall.txt, remove /sets/setimages/abc/ and then specify the updatelist to put all the new pictures into the same directory?

What happens?  I can test it out, but I was curious from your side what you intend to happen before I just went pushing all sorts of buttons.
If you remove card images, the next time they are needed they will be downloaded. Assuming the files you link to online are the ones you want, they will be the ones downloaded.
In you case, I suggest you remove the /sets/setimages/abc/ directory.

innuendo

Thanks for the clarification.

Can I ask why you didn't consolidate this into the version.txt?

It seems like in the version.txt you can simply specify "in this version, delete these files" with the same <remove> tags?  If you are wanting to divorce remove files and version date from having the same date tag...consider doing

<remove>[filepath]<date>[If local version.txt is before this date, execute this line]</date></remove>

for example

<remove>sets/setimages/abc/<date>110820</date></remove>

Just something to consider for a simpler structure to the new enhancements.

Thanks again, this feature is the most useful feature added since I've been using the program.

Trevor

innuendo,
People might want to use one and no the other, so they are separate. It's a new feature, so let me know if it doesn't function correctly, or in the way you would expect.

Saethori

Wouldn't this kind of mean having an uninstall.txt file sitting in people's plugin folder, doing nothing after the initial uninstall and being effectively uninstallable itself? o.O

Or does it work entirely off of the server and never actually goes to the client?

innuendo

but in that case trevor, couldn't you simply omit the tags you don't want to use?

For example, just omit the <versionurl> or <updateurl> tags if you don't want to use them?  Then it basically functions as just an uninstall.txt?

It's a minor thing really, but the number of .txt's in that folder of mine keeps blossoming so I was looking for smart ways to save!

Trevor

Quote from: Saethori on August 22, 2011, 04:37:54 PM
Wouldn't this kind of mean having an uninstall.txt file sitting in people's plugin folder, doing nothing after the initial uninstall and being effectively uninstallable itself? o.O
No. Once an uninstall.txt file is present, future uninstall files that are downloaded use it to see when things were last uninstalled.

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on August 22, 2011, 05:57:58 PM
but in that case trevor, couldn't you simply omit the tags you don't want to use?

For example, just omit the <versionurl> or <updateurl> tags if you don't want to use them?  Then it basically functions as just an uninstall.txt?

It's a minor thing really, but the number of .txt's in that folder of mine keeps blossoming so I was looking for smart ways to save!
They are used for different things. Technically, you could put every file in a plugin in single file, but that doesn't make things easier.

version.txt is for checking if there is a new version of a plugin. It doesn't say HOW things are supposed to be updated at all, just when.

uninstall.txt is for removing old files/folders when you are actually updating.

innuendo

Knighthawk

Is there a reason that my download bar only goes about halfway when it says it's done for lackey's update from the updater? It's giving me the same problem that I had many updates ago, and then many before then. The message about whether I need a 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program and such....

I'd like to find a way to stop this rather common occurrence from happening as I tend to use this program just so that I may play cardgames with my girlfriend online since we can't always meet in person.

Note: The last time I had this problem, I couldn't even get on the forum's to find out what happened. The website would never load for me even if I used internet explorer instead of firefox.   

Trevor

Quote from: Knighthawk on August 23, 2011, 11:24:28 PM
Is there a reason that my download bar only goes about halfway when it says it's done for lackey's update from the updater? It's giving me the same problem that I had many updates ago, and then many before then. The message about whether I need a 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program and such....

I'd like to find a way to stop this rather common occurrence from happening as I tend to use this program just so that I may play cardgames with my girlfriend online since we can't always meet in person.

Note: The last time I had this problem, I couldn't even get on the forum's to find out what happened. The website would never load for me even if I used internet explorer instead of firefox.   
What download bar are you referring to? Updater.exe? Your web browser? If you can't use the updater.exe, use the manual download. If you can't use the manual download, try the updater. Let me know if the alternate method works.

Knighthawk

Nava

I just tried to update to the new plugin format and to use NUMDIGITSINSTAT to change the points display

<definition>
<kind>NUMDIGITSINSTAT</kind><value>7</value>
</definition>

Unfortunately it does not seem to work...

Nava

P.S. It also does not seem to work when using the old plugininfo layout...

Knighthawk

The regular download is giving me the same problem. A friend mentioned something about possibly compiling the 32 and 64 bit versions....or something like that, I'm not tech-savvy at all. Suggestions?