I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 08-21-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, August 21, 2011, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knighthawk

Scratch that, after trying everything in your (if lackey doesn't load for you) I tried one more time to redownload manually, and it worked all the sudden!

Alastair

innuendo

Having some issues with the uninstall.txt

The ccg i'm working on using a image naming system that uses the card number (ex: rvg110.jpg).  The card number is derived from the alpha sort of the set (among other things).  So what happens is when I change a cards name in the set it usually changes some of the card's numbers, and thus their image names.

This is why the uninstall.txt is so helpful, because I can specify to delete the folder /sets/setimages/rvg/ and then redownload them all.

The only issue is it never deletes the folder, it just ignores it.  I'm wondering if this has to do with the date thing.  When I update I switch the version.txt and updatelist.txt to both have the current date, and then I also am updating the uninstall.txt to the current date.

For example, i updated today and this is my uninstall.txt

<uninstall>

<dateYYMMDD>110902</dateYYMMDD>
<removepath>sets/setimages/rvg/</removepath>

</uninstall>

But i'm having no luck, it doesn't clear out the folder, and thus card images aren't correct.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, I feel like i'm overlooking something very basic.

Picks-at-Flies

Innuendo:  are you testing in a different instance of Lackey from the one you build in?  It's worth having a clean install JUST for testing purposes.  Sorry if I mentioned that before.

innuendo

Yup, i purposefully deleted my entire lackey install from my work pc and tried again...no result, and my buddy is having the same issues I am, so I'm really not sure.

What's really interesting is I'm pretty sure this worked the very first time I did an auto update.  Is this possibly some sort of caching issue where once it does it once it wont do it again?

Ascent

I downloaded a fresh version of Lackey and it doesn't provide the list of plugins, won't do anything when I click the "Find plugins with Plugin inder" won't let me use the pasted update URL (http://www.lackeyccg.com/starwars/high/updatelist.txt), both saying "Error: timed out while updating plugin." and the LackeyCCGUpdater.exe won't update Lackey. It gives me "Download failed. Error = 0x800C0005" and "No message available."

In fact, in the zip providered, there is no pluginfinder.txt, serverlist.txt, prefs.txt, pluginfinder.txt, GLU.DLL, libpng13.dll, msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, OpenPlay.dll, or URLMON.DLL files. I also can't access the server tab; its not dark, yet it won't select.

I'm using Windows XP over a wireless connection.

Trevor

Quote from: Ascent on September 18, 2011, 04:19:38 AM
I downloaded a fresh version of Lackey and it doesn't provide the list of plugins, won't do anything when I click the "Find plugins with Plugin inder" won't let me use the pasted update URL (http://www.lackeyccg.com/starwars/high/updatelist.txt), both saying "Error: timed out while updating plugin." and the LackeyCCGUpdater.exe won't update Lackey. It gives me "Download failed. Error = 0x800C0005" and "No message available."

In fact, in the zip providered, there is no pluginfinder.txt, serverlist.txt, prefs.txt, pluginfinder.txt, GLU.DLL, libpng13.dll, msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, OpenPlay.dll, or URLMON.DLL files. I also can't access the server tab; its not dark, yet it won't select.

I'm using Windows XP over a wireless connection.
Lackey doesn't come with any of those text files.
A lot of the other files you mentioned, like URLMON.DLL, are no longer used. Why do you think it should be downloading those?

I just tested the posted version of Lackey and it works. And lots of other people have also confirmed that it works. I think perhaps you just downloaded a corrupted file or something like that. Try clearing your internet cache, restart your computer, then download the zip from the downloads section.

Gordon228

what dose the zip contain for reference and do note sdl-image uses libpng12-0.dll. do you know your way around the changes as i just tested the version you download from the zip and it worked for me.

Ascent

Freshly unzipped LackeyCCG file folder:

Failed Updater:

Incomplete Lackey with buttons pushed and starwars update address entered:

Gordon228

ok that looks different then what you should be seeing. i will have a pic up for you to show you what mine looks like in a moment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trevor

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on August 25, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
I just tried to update to the new plugin format and to use NUMDIGITSINSTAT to change the points display

<definition>
<kind>NUMDIGITSINSTAT</kind><value>7</value>
</definition>

Unfortunately it does not seem to work...

Nava

P.S. It also does not seem to work when using the old plugininfo layout...
I just fixed this but it isn't posted yet.
And, as with many features, it will not work with anything but the latest plugin format.