News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

MTG Double Faced Cards with Inistrad

Started by Crovack, August 28, 2011, 09:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon228

it's just pugin work not code as lackey has the ability to have multiple card backs.

Clay

You could possibly flip cards by grabbing tokens, if putting different backs onto different cards doesn't work out.

Crovack

Quote from: Gordon228 on August 28, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
it's just pugin work not code as lackey has the ability to have multiple card backs.
I didn't know that.  That's cool.
However we face the same problem as physical card players in that if the card has an altered back, will we be able to pick out its location by looking at our deck?

Saethori

I unfortunately already heard about this, from friends who still play M:tG. It does kind of make me glad I left early.

...Getting to the point, though, I don't see why this should use any unusual methods at all. Simply produce each side as an individual card, since LackeyCCG doesn't do sleeves. Getting functionality is far more important than preserving gimmicks.

Crovack

Quote from: Saethori on August 28, 2011, 03:23:48 PM
I unfortunately already heard about this, from friends who still play M:tG. It does kind of make me glad I left early.

...Getting to the point, though, I don't see why this should use any unusual methods at all. Simply produce each side as an individual card, since LackeyCCG doesn't do sleeves. Getting functionality is far more important than preserving gimmicks.

I posted more to point out something would need to be done (even if it's just what you've mentioned, or the idea about making the card 'backs' into tokens on the token page).  I don't really care how it's managed, gimmick or no.

Bort

The 2 faced cards could simply be added as is to a deck, but the same problem would occur in Lackey as would occur with physical cards: when they were in your deck, you would be able to see their backs.

I think the best solution is this. There will be 2 versions of each card. One will be a version with the front face of the card. This is the card you put in your deck. The other version will be a 2 faced token, and this will be added like you add any token.

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I think that's the way things will work.

Crovack

Quote from: Bort on August 29, 2011, 05:13:19 AM
The 2 faced cards could simply be added as is to a deck, but the same problem would occur in Lackey as would occur with physical cards: when they were in your deck, you would be able to see their backs.

I think the best solution is this. There will be 2 versions of each card. One will be a version with the front face of the card. This is the card you put in your deck. The other version will be a 2 faced token, and this will be added like you add any token.

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I think that's the way things will work.

Trevor just made a post on new Lackey functionality that may work to help supply the best solution.

Ed-Zero

Bort

The magic plugin is now updated to include innistrad. While in play, the 2-faced cards' alternate side can be viewed using the shift key.

Bort

I decided to change some things to make things more consistent with how most sites handle the double faced cards. Their card names, as far as adding them to your deck, is simply the name of the front face card. Before I had the name be the front face name and then the back face name in parentheses, but I decided to change things. It you had made a deck with double faced cards before you updated, you will need to add those cards back into your deck again (but the rest of the deck will load fine so it isn't too bad).

Also, I updated the format filter to reflect what is legal on Sept 30. For example, Innistrad is in standard, and I removed Zendikar from standard. This is 7 days earlier than the official rotation day, but I figured most people would prefer to start making decks ready for Sept. 30. Let me know of if you find any other mistakes with what sets are listed in what formats.

Yoshi348

I don't know if this is a bug with the plugin or with Lackey, but right now I can only see the other side of the double faced cards using shift in the deck editor. Anywhere and any zone during an actual game, nothing. Lackey is updated to the latest build and I updated the plugin just minutes ago.

Gordon228

did you flip the card as if you do not flip it it will not show the other face

Yoshi348

Oh, hey, there's Turn Over. Hidden in the right click menu, in a wording I wasn't expecting. Especially when I was told to use Shift in play, specifically.

Ah well, it's there, so whatever.

Trevor

Quote from: Yoshi348 on September 23, 2011, 07:32:58 PM
Oh, hey, there's Turn Over. Hidden in the right click menu, in a wording I wasn't expecting. Especially when I was told to use Shift in play, specifically.

Ah well, it's there, so whatever.
The new version of Lackey will let you hold the shift key to peek at the alternate side. I will post that version soon.

As far as actually turning the cards over, there's a bunch of ways to do that, like control+left click.