News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Tribal Wars TCG!

Started by snowyy, September 05, 2011, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowyy

Hi all. Here is a spoiler for a card game im creating. I fthere is some interest i will post cards, rules etc :)

Tribal Wars is a new card game in which players choose an Army or "Tribe" and take on other tribes from Fame, Territories and Glory. To win the game you must not only deafeat his army but also conqure his Territories. To do this you must build up your army and use both skill and startagy to infiltrate the opponents Territories and defend your own.

Use spells to aid your Units and bring forth powerful Hero's to turn the tide of a battle. Use objects and structures to fortify your land in order to keep it safe.

Tribal Wars TCG is a game of resoure managment, land management and stratagy. Where only the top tactitians will prevail!

Dragoon

Right, this actually managed to tell me nothing.

Meh.

snowyy

Do you know what a SPOILER is??

Dragoon

As a matter of fact, I do. I just dislike spoilers without knowing anything about the game or spoilers that give no information.

So far, it sounds as a generic tcg #1632

As long as no new information, meh.

snowyy

Ok I'll give out more information soon. I even think about making a TROLL tribe just for you.  :P

Cyrus

Quote from: snowyy on September 06, 2011, 10:37:45 AM
Ok I'll give out more information soon. I even think about making a TROLL tribe just for you.  :P

...ownd...

Seriously though, spell check your first post, might make people think you're serious about making a game. If you can't spell key terms such as Defeat, Conquer, and Strategy (even with the help of built in spell checkers on browsers) then there is very little chance you are designing a game that I care about. That being said, I don't necessarily think that's the case, but that is how it comes off. A little attention to detail can keep the negative comments at bay. And with THAT being said, I suggest you post more stuff!

snowyy

Quote from: Cyrus on September 06, 2011, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: snowyy on September 06, 2011, 10:37:45 AM

...ownd...

Seriously though, spell check your first post, might make people think you're serious about making a game. If you can't spell key terms such as Defeat, Conquer, and Strategy (even with the help of built in spell checkers on browsers) then there is very little chance you are designing a game that I care about. That being said, I don't necessarily think that's the case, but that is how it comes off. A little attention to detail can keep the negative comments at bay. And with THAT being said, I suggest you post more stuff!

Ok, thx. Point taken. As you might have guessed spelling isn't my strong point. As for the game.

As i said in the earlier post. The aim of the game is to wipe out the opposing players forces. However, you can also win by conquering the opponents Home location.

To play both players need 3 decks. These are:

Army Deck (Your fighters and troops)
Enhancement Deck (Such as spells and buildings)
Locations.

I will start with locations:

Locations make up the Map. Players can make whatever Map they like, but the default Map for the moment looks like this.

The big pictures are your Location cards from you 'Location' deck. The other smaller pictures are genric 'Empty Location' markers. They represent the land between key locations in your territory. At the moment there are only three location cards in the game. Your Home location, which is your 'base'. A location you must protect in order not to lose. Resource locations, locations that gather resources. And defencive locations, these locations are where you may spawn reinforcements to.

Army Deck

This deck is made of fighters that you use in the game. Unit cards are the fighters and troops that you will use to conquer opposing locations and defend your own locations. Here's and example of a Unit card:

As well as Unit cards there are Character Cards. These cards represent your special fighters and your Hero's. You may play as many Unit cards with the same name as possible, but you may only play 1 of your Character cards with the same name, and once they are killed they are gone for the remainder of the game.

You start the game with so many units in play, and over the course of the game you may call forth more Units to aid you.

Enhancement Deck

This is your third deck. This deck is made up of different cards that you may use in order to gain the upper hand. They hold cards that can turn a battle in your favour, or cards that help out your units and cards that help fortify your locations, the list goes on. These cards require some kind of resource, which is generated from your resource locations.

So there is an overview on the card types in the game. I will continue and go over how to play soon.
*All card art is used from Magic the Gathering.

Dragoon

Read the info.

Some points & Questions:
1. How many locations are in play at start, and can you draw new locations (From, let's say, a location deck?)
2. Can you play new locations? (see first question)
3. What kind of resources are there, only 1, or are there multiple?
4. "Rule #3 of card design: Don't use funky fonts, no matter how cool they look, ever." Please don't use funky fonts.
5. Either use better icons, or don't use icons.
6. There are several art sites where you can draw your art from, so you don't have to steal  art from magic. (Unless you have got permission to use it, then you can ignore this comment) Examples:Deviantart, Blizzard fan art
7. Enhancement deck feels badly worded, at first I tought it was an enchantment deck. I think it's better to rename it to support deck.
8. How nice of you to make a Troll tribe, please base it on the LOTR trolls.

If you have more info, I would gladly give feedback.

snowyy

Thx for the comment.

Game Setup:

Each player shuffles both their Army Deck and Support Deck and plays them face down next to each other.  (The decks will have different backs).

They then set out their 7 location cards (look at diagram on pervious post).

Once the map is build Each player draws 7 army cards and plays any number of them up to a total of 20 reienforcement points. (A Unit/ Character's reinforcement points are located in the top right corner of teh card.)

A player may only play down reinforcements in their Home location or a devencive location.

Once all starting reinforcements are down each player draws cards from their Support deck until the hand has 7 cards in it. (At the moment i have not decided about Milliyans/drawing new hands)

Now to answer some of your questions.

3: There are different resources, different locations produce different resources, i will go over that when i go through playing cards
4: The picture quality is a bit bluured on the picture. Don't worry, they are easily readable on Lacky.
5: Not sure what icons you mean.
6: Atm im am creating this for fun, if it was going to go any furthur i would change the art because of copyright atc.
7: I have changed it to support thanks for that, im not the best at coming up with names.

DavidChaos

First of all, I feel like the "map" should be uniform; if people wanna use different formations for home games, that's fair (possibly giving a handicap), unless that's just one player's side of the map; in that case, how do you travel towards your opponent's main base?

Other than that, seems kind of interesting.

snowyy

Yeah, basically for now that is one half of the map. You opponent also plays down 7 locations in the same way to create the full map. I may as well go over phases of play now.

Regroup Phase - 'Regroup' all your creatures. If they are fatigued (turned sideways) turn back the normal way up.
Resource Phases - Collect resources from all your resource locations.
Reinforce phase - You gain 3 reinforcement points a turn. in this turn you can play any reinforcements in either your defence locations or your Home location. You can also play any support cards.
Movement Phase - You can move normal units 2 spaces a turn. Once they have moved 'fatigue them' to show they have moved. Some cards can move more, for example cards with the 'Cavalry' ability may move 3 spaces a turn.
Battle phase - If units you control and the enemy control end up on the same space after movement phases a skirmish occures.
End Phase - The end of the turn

snowyy

How to play

Ok, so once players are set up and the first player is decided (by a dice roll) the game begins.

For the first turn there is no need for the 'regroup' phases. In the resource phases you collect 1 resource from each of your resource locations and 1 from your Home location. You also draw a card from either your army deck or your support deck(for the starting players first turn they don't draw a card). You the move to your reinforcement step.

At the beggining of the reinforcement step you gain 3 reinforcements plus an additional reinforcement if you control a location in an enemy territory. Each Unit has a number of reinforcement points. If you have enough reinforcements points to play a Unit you may play it (call for reinforcements). Reinfocements can only be played in your defencive locations and home location unless stated otherwise. Reinforce points hang around after your turn is gone so you can keep adding them up.Reinforcements may not move the turn they are played. You may also play support cards during your reinforcement phase. Once you have completed this you move to your movement phase.

Each Unit can move 2 spaces a turn. Once you have moved a unit 'fatigue' it my turning it sidewards. Some units have special abilities, for example 'Cavalary'. This ability lets the unit move 3 spaces instead of 2. If you move into a space occupied by enemy forces you may not move that unit any more this turn.

Battle phase. After the movement phase if a space is occupied by opposing units a skirmish occurs. All units and characters on the space are involved in the skirmish. In a skirmish the defending player (the player whoose turn it is not) chooses which of his units 'fight' with which opposing units. The defender must have each unit fighting a different unit so all units are in combat, however if there are units left over e.g. If there are 6 defenders and only 4 attackers the defender can then add the additional defenders to any fight. Similaly if there are 4 defenders and 6 attackers the attacking player may choose which units their additonal units want to fight. All units must be involved in a combat

Once that is done you figure out who wins the fight. You find out each 'fight' individually.

1v1 fight

First look at each units attack stat. If this number is higher than the enemy units defence stat you wound the enemy unit. If the number is equal no wound occures. Place a wound marker on the unit, if there are an equal or higher amount of wound markers on the unit to its health, put the uunit in the death pile. The attacks happen simultaniously so both units may wound each other at the same time, and both units may die in a fight.

X v 1 fight

If there are more than 1 units fighting another you must add up all the units attack stat. If that is enough the wound the enemy unit it takes 1 wound (you may choose which unit wounds the enemy). However, you don't add the dall the defence stats together. The player with tghe less units in the fight choose which unit to fight and takes thier attack stat away from the units individual defence stat. (i hope thats explained well enough).

If there are units left from each eide after a skirmish you still end the phase. The skirmish will continue over to the next players turn, when that player then determines who attacks who. They may not move any units from that location during their movement phase.

End step. This signals the end of the turn. If a player has more than 10 cards they must discartd until they have 10 cards in hand.

I hope i explained that OK. if there are any questions or advice i would muchly appreciate it and i look forward to you comments.

Himalayas

I really like your concept, a lot of great ideas coming through here!

magnaangemon01

The way this is setup, it would actually work as a Boardgame and card game. Or you can just turn it into a miniatures game. But as a card game, there's just too much involved and going on. If you make it too complex or too many rules on how to play, you might lose the interest of your players.:D

snowyy

Ok, thanks for the help and comments