A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Plugin: M19 and IMPORTANT NEWS

Started by CrazyChucky, September 01, 2018, 09:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

The short version:

1) M19 is uploaded.

2) Please delete your existing [Lackey Folder]/plugins/magic/sets/setimages folder so that new images can be downloaded.

3) If you have any saved decks including double-faced cards from Innistrad, Dark Ascension, or possibly origins, you will have to manually re-add those particular cards.

Explanations/elaborations:

1) M19 is pretty bare-bones. Literally the only script is the one to transform Bolas, and I've not yet updated the formats. (I also haven't done Battlebond yet.)

2) Scryfall took over Magicccards.info. Requests for MCI image URLs now redirect to Scryfall, but Lackey isn't smart enough to get the image it's redirected to, so they no longer work. I went ahead and changed the entire plugin over to Scryfall's images. Unfortunately, they're a different size than what we've been using. If you have existing image files and download new ones now, things will look weird in Lackey. Sorry, I know it's inconvenient. Also, I've only changed over actual Magic cards for now?tokens will be broken until I figure out their new image format.

Addendum: I didn't realize that Magiccards.info stored a lot of older sets in some sort of nonstandard order, making the images not come up for the right cards. Most cards that have multiple art in the same set don't even load anything. I'll see if I can figure this out tomorrow. Modern sets should work?I'll keep checking to make sure I haven't missed anything.  Should be mostly fixed?see post below.

3) The plugin stored Innistrad and Dark Ascension DFC as one card, with the night side on the back. This makes physical sense, but doesn't let you manifest DFC. Sets from Shadows onward instead give you a script to spawn a token-like back face from the front face, and Origins, confusingly, did both. I've gone back and standardized it so now they all work the new way.

Sorry for my absence. Things have been hectic for me. As my life settles back down, I intend to continue getting the plugin back into proper up-to-date shape.

CrazyChucky

Just an update: I am working on this today. With any luck, I can have the older sets working again later today.

CrazyChucky

I've gone back and fixed (almost) all the sets so they will now correctly download images from Scryfall. Out of what was already in Lackey, I should now have correct images for everything EXCEPT:

• "Special" cards (like World Champion and the Hydra deck)
  • Schemes
  • Planes and Phenomena
  • Vanguard avatars
  • Reprint-only sets (like Modern Masters and Duel Decks)
  • All tokens :' (

My next step is to... fix the rest of those things, as well as add newer sets:

• Battlebond
  • Commander 2018
  • Archenemy: Bolas (at least the schemes)
  • Global Series

And I should update pack definitions too.

I may not be able to get back to this for a week or so, but hopefully this is enough to make things mostly functional for the time being.

If you encounter missing or incorrect images with cards other than what I listed above, please post about it in this thread.

Tbrox1234

Is there any way to revert this update to the previous one?
I think this plugin is great and I want to keep playing it, but with this update I find it awful. The size of the new images have completely ruined it,and the new tabletop is, in my opinion, atrocious.
Thank you for taking the time to work on this plugin.

CrazyChucky

New tabletop? I'm not aware of a new tabletop. Did one of your preferences get changed somehow? Is anyone else seeing a new tabletop image?

May I ask what the problem is with the image size? Are they taking too long to download? If they're doing that annoying thing where they pop out of the card-viewing pane, that's fixable in your preferences. Preferences > Appearance > Card appearance preferences > Make card viewer image pop out on mouse over? [uncheck]

As long as that's set, I don't really see much of any difference on my end while using Lackey. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Johnny Blaze

man this new card image on the lackey interface is HUGE. should be about half the size

CrazyChucky

Can you please be more specific? Do you just mean that the images are too large in file size, or do they actually appear too large in the interface? If they look too big in Lackey, can you post a screenshot of what's going on? Is on the table, in the view pane, or both?

The image files themselves are larger, but they should look basically the same within Lackey. If they're not, something is up and I need to figure out what. If you turn a card on the table face down, is the back the same size?

This is the only size Scryfall makes the images available in cropped mode. And the only smaller size at all is quite small, smaller than the plugin used previously. I don't really have a way to fetch a size like I used to use, unless I save every single image from Scryfall and save a resized version to my server, then serve them all from there, and... I really, really don't want to do that.

The MunchKING

Hate to pile on, but I just downloaded the latest update and when I went to load a deck, just under half my cards were gone. Whole sets seem to be gone, like everything from Theros or BNG...

CrazyChucky

Oy vey, when it rains it pours.

MunchKING, sorry to hear that. Do you mean that the images don't work / don't load, or are the cards themselves missing? Like do you open what was a 60-card deck and find it's actually fewer cards now?

P.S. And while you're here, you're not seeing a new table image, are you? I'm not even sure I CAN set a new one from the plugin, certainly not without a pluginpreferences file, which it doesn't include, but you never know...

The MunchKING

Well the table was different, in that the card image section was taking up like a 3rd of the screen, but that was easily resized to something more useful.

And yeah I opened up a 100 card commander deck and it only loaded 55. For the others it said "Error loading deck: Unable to load card "X" from set "Y""

Like, "Unable to load card "Dragonsoul Knight" from set "mm2"." for example.

I tried checking for the card names in the deck editor in case the set code had just been renamed or something, but I couldn't find any of them.

CrazyChucky

THANK YOU! Specific examples help so much. Turns out I made an error in the updatelist: I'd left out a file declaration, so it wasn't downloading those sets. I just uploaded a new version. Can you update your plugin and see if the cards show up now?

I've also gone in and fixed images for?I believe?every card already in Lackey, except for tokens. I even noticed a handful of planes and schemes were missing, so I put those in too. Obviously that's a hard thing to test exhaustively, so I appreciate a heads up if you find more cards missing entirely, with missing images, or with incorrect images.

The MunchKING

OK, the decks I tested had all their cards. I of course didn't check literally all the cards, but the problem SEEMS solved. Thanks!

CrazyChucky

Sounds good. I just noticed that aftermath cards don't fetch their images. I'll fix that in the next update.

spacecoffin

Everything is working exactly as expected for me (per known bugs above). My screen size makes the new full resolution "pop out" size untenable so I disabled that option in Preferences. The only problem is that I'm now relying on "Make card viewer image stretch to allotted space" and the interpolation of the text on the larger images is really... unfortunate. TBC: At full size the new images look great. I've included a few screenshots below.

https://imgur.com/a/FuAHmT7

I'm guessing this is probably beyond the scope of the magic plugin and more an issue with the application itself, but figured I'd document the issue. Thanks for taking the reigns on maintaining the plugin. Cheers.

CrazyChucky

Oof. Yeah, it seems worse on some than on others. Unfortunately I have no control over the interpolation method used within Lackey, nor over the size provided by Scryfall (without saving and serving thousands of images myself). I've always used the "card stretch" feature, but the interpolation is definitely more noticeable now. I don't know when Trevor will next get a chance to do any work on Lackey, but maybe I could post about it in the bug section since there's none specifically for feature requests.

Thank you all, likewise, for your patience and your feedback.