Guilds of Ravnica (and back to smaller images!)

Started by CrazyChucky, September 20, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

Guilds of Ravnica is now live! Scryfall doesn't have high-res images yet; using temporary versions for now.

I'm trying out serving all images from my host now, which means I've been able to downscale them back to the size MagicCards.info used to use. You will get cards on the table displaying at different sizes unless you delete your [Lackey folder]/plugins/magic/sets/setimages folder containing the now unused large Scryfall images. Hopefully these will load faster and look better in Lackey.

I also added spawn scripts to Kamigawa-style flip cards. They now generate a "token" of themselves flipped, so you can actually read them without craning your neck.

CrazyChucky

Quote from: CrazyChucky on September 20, 2018, 06:48:15 PMadded spawn scripts to Kamigawa-style flip cards

And yes, that includes Curse of the Fire Penguin. : )

Blastoise Factory

The new images are much better not only in size, but the quality actually looks a little better too. At least to me, haha.

Tbrox1234

just wondering if anyone else is having problems deleting the folder, specifically cfx?

CrazyChucky

Quote from: Blastoise Factory on September 21, 2018, 08:41:15 PM
The new images are much better not only in size, but the quality actually looks a little better too. At least to me, haha.

That's because Lackey doesn't do the best job dynamically resizing images. Scryfall's large images are beautiful, but they get super grainy when sized down to something more usable for Lackey on most monitors. (These small images are literally just saved and resized copies of the large ones.)

Quote from: Tbrox1234 on September 21, 2018, 10:20:48 PM
just wondering if anyone else is having problems deleting the folder, specifically cfx?

Can you not just trash the entire setimages folder? What goes wrong?

Johnny Blaze

what is the set designation cant find the guild of ravnica cards

CrazyChucky

GRN

You can also set format in the deck editor to standard, and  it's the only set that'll show up.

Tbrox1234

every file in the set images folder except cfx was able to be deleted. I tried to delete the whole folder by dragging it into trash and right click and deleting, it just wouldn't. nothing would happen when i tried, same for my friend when he tried it as well. I tried to delete one at a time and that worked, so i went through and deleted each one until i found that cfx was the only that wouldn't be deleted. It can be moved around to other folders and the desktop, removing it from the set images folder does resize the images. just wondering if anyone else is having/had this problem

CrazyChucky

Weird, it sounds like a file permissions problem. But not only do I have no idea what would have caused that, I'm also not sure how you'd be able to move it if you can't delete it.

Panta

Hey Chucky, I think the reason for the cfx folder is, that inside that folder is another folder called "con". Windows reserves "con" and protects it. I will try booting from Linux Stick and delete it that way...

CrazyChucky

Oh, I had no idea. I use Mac, so it's never been a problem. I guess I should try changing that... only I assume Lackey wouldn't be able to delete it either. I'll try a test on a friend's computer.

DarthSydius

OMG! I?m so happy!!!!!  Everithing looks great.  Just like the old times.  I?m crying of happiness. Thank you dude!