News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Scryfall Magic URLs changing soonish : (

Started by CrazyChucky, September 16, 2018, 12:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyChucky

TL;DR: I probably have to change over the plugin's images AGAIN, but while doing so I can go back to the old size.

Having noticed one card (Ice Age Zur's Weirding) not displaying, I checked and its image URL on Scryfall has completely changed. I asked about it, and it appears they're planning on changing their image storage system, which means I will no longer have dependable URLs from which to pull image files. (A URL like https://api.scryfall.com/cards/ice/110?format=image&version=border_crop redirects to whatever the current URL is just fine, BUT... Lackey unfortunately cannot handle HTTP redirects when it requests images.) So I guess I have no choice but to download all the images from all of Magic to my server, and host them there.

The bright side of that is that since I'm serving them anyway, I could go ahead and size them down to the size the plugin used to use from MagicCards.info. The down side is that I don't trust my server uptime as much as I trust Scryfall's. Right now, if I have a connection issue, it just means you can't update the plugin that very moment, but you can still download images just fine.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up ahead of time. I haven't changed anything yet. If Scryfall starts moving more of their images before I do, you may find more cards here and there that won't download.

CrazyChucky

I'm currently working on downloading and resizing all 29,541 images. Within a couple of days I should have a new update for that, plus Guilds of Ravnica.

Mahx Michael

Have you changed the update url yet, or is it something you are still planning to do in the future?
If you have changed the url already, what is the new one?

CrazyChucky

The update URL shouldn't change, at least in the foreseeable future. The only thing that changed is the URLs from which the plugin downloads its images. I have those (mostly) fixed now, see here: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=12688.0