First time making a plugin - a few questions

Started by Justice, February 04, 2019, 05:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justice

First of all, I'd like to apologize if any questions I'm asking here have already been answered; I have spent time trying to find the answers with no success.

My game has multiple zones. Currently, the opponent can see the cards that are in an opponent's zone, but only face down, which is perfect. However, if a player turns a card sideways, I'd like the opponent to be able to see that the card is turned, but that does not occur by default. Is there a way for that to happen, without revealing the actual cards to the opponent?

I made a button to make all cards facing right-side up, but this only affects the table (the ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES function.) Is there a way to make this affect a specific zone, rather than the table?

Lastly, and I realize this will most likely be the most difficult one to answer: On my computer, having manually created all of the folders, all of my cards have images. However, when someone else loads the plugin on another computer, a folder is created within "setimages" for only one out of five sets of cards (not including general, which is also created successfully.) All cards load in to the deck editor, and display their correct set names. However, only the cards of that one set have images. I have tried adding in the online image URLs for specific cards to the updatelist.txt file, as well as created a pack within the packdefinitions1.xml file (although based on the description in the tutorial, it sounds like that shouldn't be necessary.) I'll be happy to provide more information if it might help, does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you very much to anyone who takes the time to respond and help out a newbie plugin creator!

CrazyChucky

I'm not sure if there is a way to do what you're asking about in the first half. Perhaps you could load a custom playmat with areas marked on it, so that you could use the table as multiple zones?

As for the card images--it's hard to say without seeing your files. Could you post your update URL? If so, I could take a look at it.

IceshadeComets

Question 1:
No, there is no way to do it, you might as well have the face-down cards on your field.

Question 2:
I had this problem, I fixed it by making a backup and throwing all of the images into the general folder. For cardgeneralurls they should all save in general.